• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon False Red Redux

Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Pokémon False Red Redux is a project that aims to improve the psychological horor ROMhack of the same name. Improvements include more high effort dialogue, shrunked down, barebones dungeons (after all, Red has done it all before you), and an entirely different postgame involving a certain mountain in Johto.

STORY:
You play as a boy called Fire. You just ended up in Kanto. Red has been missing for a few years and is presumably on Mt. Silver.

Red has been missing for a few years and is presumably on Mt. Silver. Kanto and Johto are mourning about it, and many have developed unhealthy addictions over it, mainly alcohol and gambling.

Fire's look and journey seems to coincide with Red's and all of Kanto and Johto hate his guts for it, as they think he's mocking their loss by imitating his every move. Very few people are actually nice to him.

Blue is the angriest and wishes to stop Fire, and then try to rescue the real Red.

Engine:
PRET FireRed decompilation.

Credits:
Team Aqua's Hideout, Kurasukun, meister_anon, RavePossum - helping with debugging, and scripting/technical support

Patch notes:
Use the JavaScript online BPS patchers and a "Squirrels" FireRed ROM.

Attachments

• hideout.png
    hideout.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 64
  • SSAnneRival3.png
    SSAnneRival3.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 64
  • VGym5.png
    VGym5.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 64
  • MtMoon3.png
    MtMoon3.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Img_2024_03_16_05_07_38.jpeg
    Img_2024_03_16_05_07_38.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Img_2024_03_22_00_28_54.jpeg
    Img_2024_03_22_00_28_54.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Here is the BPS patch. Apply to a vanilla V1.0 (Squirrels) FireRed ROM. Plays up until the Celadon Gym and getting the Pokeflute from Mr. Fuji. The rest of the game is unmodified. Compatible with save files from the original FireRed.

Attachments

• pokefalsered_demo1.bps
    403 KB · Views: 20

Minecraft_pe.lite

Crack head
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
This is a nice hack :D wish all the best to the dev, I'll look forward to seeing this as an complete hack, still take your time so you can more ideas for your hack, I'll try the demo maybe and give it a thought as I finish later (ain't gonna start now cuz of school)

Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Next demo will release once I'm done with Saffron, Fuchsia and Cinnabar and all the routes that connect them there. Halfway there with Saffron

Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
New patch out! Not compatible with Floating IPS anymore though - use the online JS patcher instead.
Plays up until rescuing Loistelle after beating the underground Cinnabar Gym. The rest is again, just normal FireRed.

Attachments

• pokefalsered_demo2.bps
    6.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

ContestTrainer

YamiiVance
Years
Another remake, got nothing creative to don't do it. @Moderators can you please move all remakes out of progressing room hacks and place in showcase? If not what's your job? There's no organisation in this forum anymore
Why doesn't this belong in progressing rom hacks? this is a very fantastic work, making great progress and has quite a few original and more verity than the original which (i loved by the way but it was a very simply executed idea, nothing wrong with that btw) I'm very excited to see how this continues to progress?
------------------

Keep up the good work

MatrasowAndrzej

you're doing awesome btw.

Also, Anyone ever thought that the original false red had the idea that people were misplaced in Fire's world and implied the same for Red's, so does that mean in some alternate universe there's an actual False Red copy? (as in the original gameboy game) sorry ik i'm rambling just wanted to get these thoughts out here have a good day everyone!

Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Why doesn't this belong in progressing rom hacks? this is a very fantastic work, making great progress and has quite a few original and more verity than the original which (i loved by the way but it was a very simply executed idea, nothing wrong with that btw) I'm very excited to see how this continues to progress?
------------------

Keep up the good work

MatrasowAndrzej

you're doing awesome btw.

Also, Anyone ever thought that the original false red had the idea that people were misplaced in Fire's world and implied the same for Red's, so does that mean in some alternate universe there's an actual False Red copy? (as in the original gameboy game) sorry ik i'm rambling just wanted to get these thoughts out here have a good day everyone!
Thanks for the kind words! I'm not sure if I can finish the hack considering the geography of Mt. Silver. I've been having technical issues with implementing a check for that, and nobody wants to help me now. The pret FireRed decompilation isn't very well supported, only Emerald is.

ContestTrainer

YamiiVance
Years
Thanks for the kind words! I'm not sure if I can finish the hack considering the geography of Mt. Silver. I've been having technical issues with implementing a check for that, and nobody wants to help me now. The pret FireRed decompilation isn't very well supported, only Emerald is.
Hello, I understand rom hackings tough; let alone when it's not working the way you expect it too, I'm not sure if this is helpful but this region base has mount silver implemented already perhaps it could be of some inspiration / help understanding of how they added it?

Also never be afraid to just take a break for a bit and come back to it, sometimes it gives people time to offer help or gives your brain a rest to come up with a solution, I wish you luck, and if I can offer any help I'm happy too, though I'm quite a bit rusty with the alot of the tools.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I've been enjoying this hack so far, but think I might've hit a roadblock. I can't get into the rocket hideout 3rd floor, every time I exit the elevator to it, it's just a completely black space that I can't even see my own sprite in, but can thankfully dig out of. I'm playing on the myboy emulator

Back