• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Crimson Skies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    heres some sprites i found. i'll bring up a map of the new charizard valley soon. btw, dont you think if this hack wasnt an original, that it would have been stopped?

Very strange lookin' sprites, is that a seviper with hands? And you're gonna add Charizard Valley? Doesn't sound like a begginer friendly place...let me guess, it's filled with Charizards/ it's pre-evolutions? Will there also be a "Blastoise Lake" or a "Venusaur Garden" ?

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    lol. as for the valley i plan on putting it later on in the game, sorry I have no new screens im still working on fixing all the bugs on everything else :D

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    I'd settle for some fake screens of how you think it would look like when it's done :D

Come to think of it, even after all these comments I haven't tested your ROM....I'll go dig for some clean ROM's...

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
    The game was okay. The only problems I had with it were:

1. Some of the buildings are glitched and cluds go through buildings and trees.
    2. The outlines of the Pallet town- Cinnabar island route need to be changed. The water abrubtly ends.
    3. Sky tower looks really stupid on the outside and there's nothing on the inside. I suggest changing the outside of it.

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    Well I have a new screen, it is a map of pewter city (now called Granite City) I changed the map to make it more well, rocky lol.
    Pokemon Crimson Skies

Last edited:

ShadowKP1

Noob Rom hacker
    Years
    Wow it's quite rocky, good and rocky {Best rocky map I've seen in a while}. So this pretty much confirms Brock will still be training rock type pokemon?

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    yea I decided to keep brock as a rock gym leader, also if anybody wants to help I need some one who can edit the title screen of of FR and also i need some one who can edit the gym in Granite city so it says slate instead of Brock ( for some reason my advance text won't let me edit that section).

Last edited:

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    Woah, Pewter city with caves.....Those caves entrances lead to some underground home for NPC's or something? And is there an underground Pokemon Center? That would be cool.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    its finished!!

ok, here it is, the top level of the Charizard Valley......this is where you capture him....this map will feature many knids of fire types, like magmar and growlithe, even the occasional arcanine...of courese, charmeleon and charmander

btw if anyone knows how to make it so the warps actually take me to the map i want to go to, i.e., from the top level of the valley, to the cave im working on, please help!!

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Your mapping skills are getting better. Good luck!

About warping, you just need a Warp Event in both maps (you need to make a cave entrance on the outside), look their Event Number by clicking on the warp, this value is used in the "Warp No.:"(in Advance Map), now give the number of one to the other and viceversa. Next you must look your two maps and look their Map Bank number and Map Number (this values are next to the Map name like "2.22", 2 would be the Map Bank Number, and 22 would be the Map Number), now go back to your Warp Events and give them the numbers of your other map (your destination), filling the "Map Bank:" and "Map:"

That should enable you to warp back and forth, but be sure to check if it really works using the "Follow Warp" button (as always in Advance Map). There are more weird solutions which involve the use of scripts. I hope this helps!

Spar-tah

Member of Silver Isle
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    Okay guys i have some semi bad news, since im in school again my parents are limiting me on the computor XO so I wont be able to work on my hack as much right now.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    ok, here it is, the top level of the Charizard Valley......this is where you capture him....this map will feature many knids of fire types, like magmar and growlithe, even the occasional arcanine...of courese, charmeleon and charmander

btw if anyone knows how to make it so the warps actually take me to the map i want to go to, i.e., from the top level of the valley, to the cave im working on, please help!!

When you type "......this is where you capture him...." do you mean you can capture wild Charizard here, or that theres one lone Charizard you can battle by "talking" to it?

EDIT:I dunno why, but everytime I access the Bag while fighting, when I return to the battle(pressing "B" or just clicking on a Pokeball) my game freezes up. The music still plays, but the screen is black. Another time I tried this, I got a red stripped screen, and once I caught the Pokemon(a Pikachu), when I checked my Party, the game froze, AGAIN.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    That's weird, that never happened to me, so I think there's some problem with your FR rom. Have you tried to apply the patch again? (into a clean rom), if that does not work, then your rom is most likely to be the problem (unless someone else have the same problem)

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    I'm fairly sure it's clean, cuz I keep a stock of clean ROM's with me, and I'll only copy the file to apply patches to. Maybe mine was already patched to some other ISP I never realised I patched it to, I'll go check.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    can anybody post the link to download the patch ?? i can't download the patch on the 1st page
    thx =)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back