• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Bases

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
Years
  • Affirmative, and thank you for your compliments.

Vileplume is based off of the Rafflesia plant. Here are more pictures, 1 and 2.

Oddish would be a Radish.

Remoraid could be based off of Remora.

Lanturn is based off of the Angler Fish.

Spinarak is based off of the Happy Face Spider.

Kabuto could be a Trilobite. Here's a surmised picture of the fossil's living state.

Sceptile is based off of the Green Basilisk.

Squirtle is your average Diamondback terrapin. Here are more pictures, 1 2 and 3.

Charmander is a Red Spotted Salamander. It's fire abilities can be found in mythological salamanders.

Psycho

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Psycho said:
    Similar to Raikou (tiger) and Entei (lion), Suicune was based off of a generic animal. Suicune does remind me of the Wolf God of the forest from Princess Monoke. It could be an assortment of animals, but wolf was chosen because of the assembly - Lion, Tiger, and Wolf. Wolves are often seen as guardians, just as Suicune is a guardian.
    Meep no! o o; If you put it that way, Suicune, the guardian of the North Winds, is more of an arctic wolf or something.

My god, you can research. I'm too tired to check up on them now, but I promise to give feedback on them soon.
    I'm disappointed though, won't these people do more than just remark on the thread?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Well here is mine

Mewtwo - could be based on Freeza they are both evil lords and has the same looks , maybe Mr. Satoshi used Mr. Akira Desing??

Bulbasaur - A Mutanted Green Frog with a flower bulb on its back

Lapras - A Plesiosuarus easy and simple

Aerodactyl - Pterodactyl since its name pun and looks

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Psy, you copy~pasted exacts of my posts in your huge 1st post. Edit it to make some sense, it has my random questions and thoughts in them. - -;;

Arcanine - some sort of a tiger maybe? Its reddish/orange color with black stripes remind me of the Royal Bengal Tiger that has black stripes on yellow/goldenish colors.

সংরক্িষত স্বত্বের িভত্িতেত ছিব নীেচ নামােনা যােব ~ OMG, Google has my language in it .. just 'cause I typed Bengal, it changed my preferences from English to Bangla? Eww...

Years
  • Omanyte/Omastar - Ammonite.

Cyndaquil - Echidna (Long-beaked echidna). I think it's just generally based off all the echidna species, as I can't decide which species it resembles the most.

Quilava - I think of it as some sort of weasel-like creature, to be honest. Maybe a Least Weasel, except without a tail. However, due to the fiery "quills" and Quilava's supposed habit of turning its back on the enemy to show off its flames, I also see elements of the Crested Porcupine (one species shown here). As far as I know, Crested Porcupines will turn their backs on their enemies as well, in order to attack with the quills there.

Mightyena - Brown Hyena, except that it's gray instead of brown (most likely just due to it being a dark type...and the shinies are brown, heh).

Zigzagoon - Tanuki, or Raccoon Dog. This is going mostly by its Japanese classification of "mamedanuki" ("healthy tanuki" or "loyal tanuki").

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
  • Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    Psy, you copy~pasted exacts of my posts in your huge 1st post. Edit it to make some sense, it has my random questions and thoughts in them. - -;;
    Yeah, I usually just go in and add the posts containing information regarding Pokemon; I'll sort it out once I add the next batch.
    Meep no! o o; If you put it that way, Suicune, the guardian of the North Winds, is more of an arctic wolf or something.

My god, you can research. I'm too tired to check up on them now, but I promise to give feedback on them soon.
    I'm disappointed though, won't these people do more than just remark on the thread?
    It does appeal more to ice than water, despite its being an water type. Suicune is a unique species; its referred to as the Aurora Pokémon. As you know, the aurora borealis only occurs in Northern Hemisphere, and the aurora australis only occurs in the Southern Hemisphere - both Artic and Anartic regions. Based off of that factor, I can see where the creators had the idea of a wolf in mind, though they made it a water type to coincide with the other Legendary Beasts - fire, thunder, and water.

I concur, I do appreciate the compliments, however to merely post saying, "Good job. This is cool!" is rather pointless within itself.

I shall incorporate all of your additions within my post.

First:
    Cacturne is a combination of a Saguaro Cactus and a Scarecrow.

Psycho

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • I can't believe you haven't come up with this one yet:

Relicanth: Coelacanth! This matches like so: Coelacanth are a species of fish that date back to the prehistoric times. The Relicanth is a Pokemon that apparently is the same. And must I mention the name pun? Relicanth, Coelacanth.

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
  • Max, read my first post. It's already been stated. The whole Relicanth and Coelacanth pun is not too hard to figure out. -_o;

New addition:
    Beedrill is based off of the Asian Giant Hornet.

Girafarig, I'm sure that most of you are thinking "Giraffe!" Well, you're slightly right. Girafarig is a combination of a Giraffe and the Okapi.

Psycho

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • o x;; I could swear I didn't notice it there ... |hits head|

Well um, since Girafarig has two heads, won't we need something that matches the tail-head-thing? A protective mythical blob must exist somewhere. ^ ~

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
  • That's quite hunky-dory, as I have to make check of my list, just to review that which has already been completed, lest I should actually go through the agitation of recrudescing another Pokemon. XD

Negative, Girafarig's head is designed to act as a rudimentary brain, that will continue to function a "alarum" for it during the torpidity of the main brain: The second head isn't actually capable of thinking. It's a basic appurtenance just as Alakazam's spoons are; I don't surmise that there are anything indefinite deriviations behind it (unless anyone has any). The second head isn't autarchic, it's connected to Girafarig as a functioning body component; thus why it isn't of any preponderancy when basing Girafarig. ^_^

Psycho

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
  • Please due refrain from making such short, pointless posts; only post if you have something to add or ameliorate. ^_^

Victreebel is probably based off of the Nepenthes. For more information and pictures you may click here. The same could also be said for Bellsprout and Weepinbell.

I should request a sticky for this. =/

Psycho

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The 1st one is better and more beautiful. Maybe you should make a Sticky
    Off TopicDon't say that my post are pointless because they aren't

:t003::t003::t003::t003:Dark Venusaur #1 Bi**h

Back