• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon and your parents

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I'm not obsessed with pokemon really, just think it's a nice anime, if it is at all..my parents think anything I like is lame. Can't be bothered, they hate me.

Years
    Thought it would be something that would rot my mind and distract me from my school work XD.

It didn't though.At least I don't think so lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    They don't care, but they do think it;s childish. At first, I watched an Episode and hated it! But then my cousin showed me the games and I slowly started liking it.

Years
    My parents don't mind me being into Pokemon. They are okay with it... but my Uncle and Auntie they have never liked me being a fan of the show.
    When I was eight years old they told me that I was too young to watch the show... they continue to say that until I was 11 years old and then they started to say that I was too old for it.. it kinda made me wonder... was there ever a time when they thought that Pokemon was right for me?

But now they are horrified cause I got my six year old cousin into both Pokemon and Digimon. =P

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    My parents used to disallow me to play Pokemon because they think that it might distract me.

But now I still play Pokemon and scored high in exams, so they actually encourage me to play Pokemon :D

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
    Years
    My Parents don't know. If they did I think they would think I am even more weird they they had thought. I am 20, so of course none of my friends know either.

Shining Mew

A Mew??!? WHERE
    Years
    My mom hates it with a passion o.o She wishes me and my sister didnt like it and gets mad sometimes if we spend too much time on SPPf which she now calls "the green screen" >>;

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
    My parents don't give a rats a**. They think its another video game with me... and they didn't even mind when the fad was in and I liked every single thing Pokemon... except my mom didn't like the cards to much but thats because we spent way to much money on them. =P

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    except my mom didn't like the cards to much but thats because we spent way to much money on them. =P
    Same here. But my mom said the same things for Yugioh and MTG, and I regret spending all that money X(

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    kohei said:
    Same here. But my mom said the same things for Yugioh and MTG, and I regret spending all that money X(
    Ya, every time I buy PM cards, she said, "How much is it?"
    "$15."
    "$15?? SO expensive! Aren't they just a piece of paper?"

Back