• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity Highs!

blue

gucci
    Years
    Pokécommunity Highs!

What is this?
    Pokecommunity Highs!

This is where you can post your best moments (and worst if you wish!) whilst being a part of the Pokecommunity, whether that be for ten years or even just one!

Rules
    Pokecommunity Highs!

• Ordinary PC rules apply.
    • Try and make enteries as detailed as possible! - 100 Words minumum.
    • Try to keep it clean! - No offensive language.
    • As emblems are being awared, only submission post is allowed per person.
    • Make sure your entry is submitted by 29th September!
    How to participate
    Pokecommunity Highs!

Please make sure you post using the following format:

Username:
    Pokécommunity High/Low Moment:
    Why it is special to you:

Judging System
    Pokecommunity Highs!

Since this event is mainly text based, the judging system will be split into three areas:

• Creativity & Presentation - 15 Points
    • Spelling & Grammar - 10 Points
    • Humor - 5 Points
    Awards
    Pokecommunity Highs!

There will be three emblems awarded to the top three submissions and an emblem for everyone who participates!

Duration
    Pokecommunity Highs!

This event will run from 25th September to 29th September. Points will be counted and verified once the event has concluded along with emblem distribution.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Username:
    Thomas

Pokécommunity High/Low Moment:
    Starting Dark Hacking Inc. rom hacking team with KobreLair.

Why it is special to you:
    When I first joined PokeCommunity I really didn't have a group that really belonged too. I kind of jumped around the forum, and I posted everywhere. There was not one specific forum that I was really fond of. After a while of being on PC I eventually found rom hacking. I started out just looking at different hacks just to see what was out there. Pokemon Brown was the first hack that I really fell in love with and I couldn't believe that a Pokemon game as fun as that was created by someone that wasn't Nintendo.

Starting out I just downloaded some mapping tools and started playing with them just to see how they worked. Within a month or so I was using the tools to create some test hacks. They weren't advanced by any means, but I had made them.

My first hack that I attempted was a hack called "Pokemon Aqua". I'm not gonna pretend I remember what this hack was about, but I do remember creating the game through maps, text, and a few events up to the first 4 or 5 towns. My procrastination prevailed and my will power to finish it decreases. I ended up giving up on the hack after a few months.

After a few ideas that never went anywhere I joined up with Alex (KobreLair) and we started a hacking team called Dark Hacking Inc. Alex had admired the mapping from my old hacks and he became head developer and I became head mapper. We were the cofounders of Dark Hacking Inc (DHI). DHI took off fairly quickly in PC rom hacking forum due to Alex notoriety from his first hack called Pokemon Nature. We staffed the Inc with about a dozen people and starting working on a new RSE hack called Pokemon Forest Nature (Alex's second hack).

We started a vB forum for our team and we had a fairly active community for about 6 months. All of the hacking and our small hacking community didn't last very long, but it was one of the greatest times I've had on PC. I'll remember it for a long time to come.

Back