• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Special Manga: DP

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 29: VS. Bibarel!
dpmfa400.png

The night was so pleasant on the marsh route to Pastoria City. Though it was drizzling slightly, Diamond and Pearl didn't mind the light rain. It was so calm. Due to the fact Trident was a Water-type Pokemon, Diamond allowed the penguin Pokemon out of its Pokeball and soak in the water.

"Trident," Diamond started, "you've been very consistent lately. I'm truly proud of you. I'm going to need you to step up as a leader for Rose and Dex as we grow stronger, alright?"

The Prinplup saluted Diamond as Pearl yawned.

"I wish Pastoria wasn't that far away!" Pearl placed his palms at the back of his head, "And this mud is getting annoying. It was fun at first, but now it's lame and getting my pants dirty."

Diamond rolled his eyes, "Better than stepping in crud. Hm, I remember that guy from the Jubilife TV station. The guy who came in with those clowns."

"Ah," Pearl recalled as well, "what was that guys name? Huey? Hester? Helen?"

"C'mon Pearl, Helen? That's a girl's name. Anyway, he was obese. Rather intimidating."

"Hercules? Harrison."

"HAROLD!" shouted a voice, standing on a rock formation in front of the duo.

Pearl smacked his forehead, "Yeah! Harold! You're right Diamond! He has a fat person's name!"

Diamond looked up at the rock and noticed a familiar figure, accompanied by a large Pokemon. Judging by the fur and looks of it, it was a Bibarel.

"Male," said Diamond under his breathe.

"So, you 'healthy' young men thought ya got rid of me, right? Well you thought wrong!" Harold hopped off the rock along with Bibarel, "Got new orders from the boss! She says I need to take anyone out who gets in our way. Whether it be Team Galactic...Team Magma...Aqua. Or even two innocent young men who were strolling in the park one day..."

Pearl nodded his head happily, "In the merry merry month of mmph!"

Diamond covered Pearl's mouth with his right palm, "Seriously, do you ever think before you speak, Pearl." He looked to Harold, "Listen. I don't know what your beef is with me, but I have nothing to do with this plan to stop you guys," he walked past Harold, "Now if you'll excuse me and Trident, we have a Gym Match to win.

Pearl blinked as he watched Diamond walk on.

Harold wasn't having this:

"Get back here you imbecile!"

Diamond stopped in his tracks along with Trident.

Pearl scratched his head, "Big mistake, fat guy. Diamond doesn't appreciate it when people call him words whose definitions are related to dumbness, unintelligent, etc. I'd run if I were you."

Diamond turned on his heel, looking at the ground.

Harold snarled and said, "I'm going to defeat both of you and restore my honor for what you did to me in Jubilife City!" He burst into tears, "Bibarel! SURF!"

The beaver Pokemon stood in a praying position. Diamond lifted his head as he heard a rumbling coming from the east and west. Two tsunamis were coming in on them. Fast. No escape.

Diamond grabbed onto Trident, "Pearl, do you have a Water-type Pokemon?"

Pearl reached into his pocket, lifting up a Lure Ball, "Got one in here! Went fishing a couple of days ago and reeled in a Finneon!"

Diamond groaned, "A Finneon isn't strong enough to help you once the waters arrive!"

Pearl had just released the blue and pink fish Pokemon, "Let's try our best then! Right Tru?" He looked to the Finneon who was currently floating in the air, flapping the small wings on its backside. You could tell it was male, because it had smaller bottom wings.

Harold cackled like maniac as he climbed on top of his Bibarel, "See you in hell suckers!"

Finally, the waves came rushing in, separating Diamond and Pearl.

Diamond came up with a strategic plan. His father had trained him to be able to swim in tough waters and to hold his breath for a long time. If he could just stay close to Trident with the string he tied around him, he wouldn't have to waste his energy trying to swim, and could focus on maintaining his lungs.

Pearl on the other hand, had to improvise. Of course, Tru, his Finneon, wasn't strong enough to help him through the waters, now about 6 feet high. However, Pearl was a much stronger swimmer than Diamond was, so he was able to fight through the waters with Tru, not willing to die, but willing to press on.

-----

The next morning...

"I'm reporting live from above the flood that has just swept through the marsh route," said a female reporter, flying in a grey, Pastoria helicopter just above the route. The entire route was flooded with six feet deep waters.

Inside a Pokemon Center in Pastoria City, several people crowded around the plasma screen television, in awe.

"What?"

"Where did this flood come from?"

"Hey, is that a red beret floating in the water?"

The reporter spoke again, "There have been reports of three people who were walking on the route: A young man with navy blue, almost black, hair; a blonde boy with extremely conspicuous orange eyes; and a relatively fat man, dressed as a clown. Stories are indicating that there is no way that these three males were able to survive two, freak tsunamis coming from both directions, and slamming into each other. It is unfortunate. May our prayers be with their families."

As the crowd disappeared from around the TV, two small kids remained, seemingly staring into space.

One of them was a boy, dressed in a boy scout outfit. At his side was a Luxio, now looking up at the boy, "That couldn't be Diamond, could Luxio?"

The Luxio looked to the screen before smelling the air and nodding.

The boy sighed, "Ah man. I can't believe it. Diamond's really dead? I haven't seen him in so long. I never got to say goodbye!"

The girl had long red hair and wore a white shirt and red skirt, "What's the matter, Jacob?"

"Ah, Mira, a friend of mines was killed in that double tsunami!"

Mira sighed and looked at the screen again, "So was a friend of mines. He saved my Kadabra from a Rhyperior. He had such a strong Grotle!"

Jacob clenched his fists, "Ah! I refuse to believe this! Diamond wouldn't go down without a fight!" He looked to Mira, "Hey Mira? How about we teleport over to that area and see if we can find them? I'm sure there's a spot where the water isn't so high!"

Mira nodded, "Alright then," she took out a Pokeball and released Kadabra as they teleported to the route.

-----

Upon teleporting there, Jacob and Mira noticed that the water was rushing in the direction of the Great Marsh in Pastoria City. The water flowed down a hill, carrying the two kids and Kadabra into the park.

"Well, we're back in Pastoria, but now in the Great Marsh," shouted Mira, somewhat irritated now that her clothes were filthy with mud.

Jacob looked around, "I guess I was wrong. Nothing is here. It's empty...Man."

Suddenly, a splash came out of the water as Tru and Pearl made it out of a deeper portion of the water, "Phew! That was a doozy!"

"Pearl!" Mira said happily as she ran over to Pearl, regardless of the fact he was completely covered in mud.

Jacob was happy for Mira, but he really wanted to know if Diamond had made it.

He got his wish.

"Ah! Get this crazy thing away from me!" Diamond's voice yelled.

Jacob looked behind him and noticed a red insect Pokemon flying around Diamond's head rapidly flapping its wings, "Ma! Yanma! Yan!"

Diamond, not seeing Jacob, Pearl, or Mira, ran off into a forest where the water had not reached. Trident was unable to catch up with its trainer, resting on the ground now.

Pearl chuckled after catching back up with Mira. He looked over to Trident, who was exhausted, "Hey Jacob! Go catch Diamond. Mira and I'll take care of Trident."

Jacob nodded as he ran after Diamond.

Diamond was still running from the speedy Yanma. Why exactly was it following Diamond? Stuck to Diamond's back was a pair of goggles. These goggles were a form of Wide Lens', only found attached to wild Yanma.

Would Diamond find out? Or will he continue his sprint?

(Next: Chapter 30: VS. Yanma)

Author's Note: If you're wondering where Harold, don't worry.

AND!!! This is the end of the short chapters. Next week, we got a big chapter!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Ooh, I totally forgot to comment, and I totally read this a week ago.

Anyways, great chapter. Post. More. NOW.

:)

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
I did not no that there were Yanma in the great marsh. I have never found one. I WANT A YANMA!

Off topic. On topic again. GREAT STORY! UPDATE NOW! please? :D

They're Rare. You have to look in the Binoculars after the National Dex..

Thanks for the comments you two!

Years
If you could have replyed to Legendary and my "Replys," you could have made another chapter! This is amazing! More, more, more, I must have more! Please update. Quickly. Please.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
If you could have replyed to Legendary and my "Replys," you could have made another chapter! This is amazing! More, more, more, I must have more! Please update. Quickly. Please.

The more you keep on saying "more, more, more" the more I'll hold back the chapter. I'm planning on releasing it Thursday. Chill. And it would help if you described what you like about the chapter, rather than saying "OHMIGOSH! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!11!1!!! MORE MORE MORE!!!!"

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 30: VS. Yanma!
dpmfa193.png

Inside the Pastoria City Gym...

"Sir, I have completely gotten rid of the male trainers you told me to. May I say sir, it was damn sure a pleasure in doing so." Harold stood there, saluting a man, dressed in cyan blue wrestling shorts with a gold waistband, and gold shoes. The strong man also wore gold, fingerless gloves with a cyan wristband. On his face, he wore a mask with white structures. The man appeared to be in his mid 40s, judging by the age of his face. He sported a dark gray mohawk, with equally dark gray "five o'clock shadow".

The man folded his arms, showing off his cannons of biceps and triceps, "Hm, well done Harold." He turned his body as he walked towards the back of the Gym, "This town isn't expecting what is to become of it. The flood has already taken over the marsh Route and is slowly succumbing the Great Marsh. Soon, the population of this city will be vanquished and it will belong to I, Neptune, and Neo Team Rocket."

Harold nodded, as if he was scared of the man. He had a right to. Crasher Wake, code named Neptune, was a rather strong man, but he was past his prime.

"I may be old," he stated, facing Harold, "but I've trainer my Pokemon to the best of their abilities. I don't even need help with all those potions and elixirs X made, mixing them with Rare Candy. No, I did it the old fashioned way. My way."

"B-but," Harold stammered, "Your Pokemon will be much stronger! For example, you can even teach your Water-type Pokemon Fire-type moves when feeding them one of X's potions!"

"Silence!" Neptune stated, "Those guys are punks. However, they are my allies. Though I disagree with their ways, I do agree on one thing: I wish to be young again. If X's implications about time warp and time manipulation, he ma be able to make me 20 again. As long as he does that, I'm with him."

Harold nodded forcefully, staring at the crystal tiled floor of the Gym. The Gym itself was surrounded by water and waterfalls rushing everywhere.

Neptune turned his back to Harold, looking at the cyan colored walls, "Are you absolutely positive that the two in question were abolished?"

Harold nodded, confidently now, "Yes sir. There's absolutely no way those boys could have possibly survived."

Neptune closed his eyes as he dropped his head, "Excellent---"

He quickly turned around and grabbed his neck, "Because if they aren't, I'll squeeze your neck so hard, your blood will come oozing out of your neck. Then, I'll drink it personally and salivate it back into your mouth, understand?"

Harold nodded, gasping for air.

"Heh, still got that wrestling dialogue." Neptune released the poor fat boy as he dropped to the ground.

Harold grasped his neck as he watched Neptune walk away into a back room, thinking to himself, "-cough- What have I gotten myself into? I only joined these Neo Team Rocket because I thought they'd help me win the Pokemon League. Now, all this talk about Time and the Mask of Ice. Ah, sometimes I regret ever siding with them. Maybe I should have sided with Team Galactic..."

------

Pant! Pant! Pant!

Diamond continued to run from the rabid Yanma that kept up its pursuit on the boy. Looking back at Bug/Flying-type Pokemon, Diamond noticed that it was concentrated on something on his back. Not able to reach back there at the moment, he continued to sprint around marsh safari, before reaching a cave, out of Yanma's sight. Diamond sat on a rock inside, breathing, coughing, and hacking.

"Ah! Ah! Phew," he wiped his forehead before reaching behind his back, locating a pair of goggles, "Hm? These look like Wide Lens'." The lens were big enough to fit only on Yanma's face, not made for humans, "Hm, these Lens' were made by Silph Co." Diamond recalled from a program he watched back home in Twinleaf Town.

Clenching the goggles in his south paw hand, Diamond walked out of the cave, looking around for the Yanma, "Hey Yanma! I have what you want! HELLO???"

While the boy was yelling and strolling around trying to locate Yanma, little did Diamond know that a slippery, sleek, serpent Pokemon was on his tail. A 12 foot long Arbok slowly stood straight, swaying its hood from side to side as it hissed quietly enough that Diamond didn't here it. Diamond sighed, somewhat frustrated, now that he actually wanted to find Yanma, "Ah, I guess I'll keep this for myself then."

He turned around and the Arbok lashed at him.

"Ah!!!"

------

Harold sighed as he rested in one of the jacuzzis inside the Gym. Along with his Bibarel and Kricketune, they each sighed in relief. Diamond and Pearl was gone, so there was nothing to worry about right? Neptune couldn't be mad at them no longer, because they finally did something right, right?

Wrong.

Neptune slowly walked back into the main room of the Gym, standing above Harold as he was wading in the pool. Harold was leaning on the side of the jacuzzi innocently, before he opened his eyes, staring up at the powerful man, "Uh..h-h-hey W-w-wake--I mean N-neptune. What's shaking?"

Neptune chuckled as he leaned down a bit so that he was directly in Harold's face, "The only thing about to be "shaking" is your throat." He grabbed Harold's throat and yanked him out of the pool. Harold glided through the air before bouncing off the cold floor.

Kricketune and Bibarel dared not to attempt to protect their trainer, because they already knew that Neptune had extremely tough Pokemon, judging on just his physical appearance.

Neptune slowly stomped over to Harold and grabbed him by the neck again, "Let's go upstairs shall we?"

As they finally reached the highest room of the Gym, Neptune literally slammed Harold's eyes into the binoculars located near the window, "Look through those binoculars and tell me what you see."

"Uh," Harold said nervously, "Mud?"

Thwap! Neptune slapped Harold in the back of the head.

"Besides mud, fool!"

Harold looked again and noticed a tall blonde boy walking with a small boy and girl, "Oh my. He's alive." He turned to face Neptune, "But, I did get rid of the other boy!"

Neptune shook his head.

"Oh," Harold saw a Yanma carrying Diamond using its black legs, wrapped around Diamond's shoulders and armpits, looking similar to that of a jetpack. The Yanma was strong enough to support Diamond to fly!

"Five...Four..."

Harold turned to face Neptune, 'Wh-why are you counting, sir?"

"Your head start. I always give my opponents a head start. Three.."

Harold immediately fled from the Gym with Neptune hot on his tail.

The only place that was big enough for the professional clown to hide was the nearby Great Marsh. It was halfway flooded, so it was definitely to Neptune's advantage, being a Water-type master.

------

Diamond, now flying with the support of Yanma, stared down at the raging Arbok, "Wow! I'm flying?" He looked up and noticed the Yanma with a happy expression on its face. Why did Yanma decide to save him? Diamond didn't bother to ask this question. He held up the Wide Lens' he had remove from his back earlier, saying, "Let's go to a safe place where I can successfully put these back onto you.

So, the Yanma flew Diamond up to a mountain in Marsh. Diamond carefully placed the goggles onto Yanma's face, making the Clear Wing Pokemon look like a pilot. Diamond smirked as he gently rubbed the Yanma, "Y'know, if you were one of my Pokemon, I'd give you a nickname."

Yanma's face brightened up, excited at the fact that a trainer would want it.

"Hm, how about Pilot? They wear goggles, similar to the ones you are wearing."

The Yanma nodded, but flew a distance away from the trainer, wanting a battle instead of being willingly caught.

Diamond understood, nodding his head, "Alright then, Yanma. You're not Pilot yet, but after this battle, you will be." He took out a Pokeball, enlarging it with a touch of the pressure sensor. He tossed it into the air, releasing Dex, his Pachirisu. The frantic little Electric-type Pokemon ran around in circles, chasing its tail.

Yanma nodded, flying forward rapidly at Dex, using Quick Attack. Dex, unable to see this coming, was hit dead on the head. The Pachirisu was headed straight into the Diamond, but the boy successfully caught it, without much damaging being dealt. Diamond dropped Dex onto the ground, "C'mon Dex, quit all the lolly gagging. We don't have time for your migraines today, okay?"

Dex nodded rapidly, bouncing up and down.

Yanma waited no further to attack again, its eyes twinkling. Afterwards, Diamond commanded a Discharge. Dex released a ring of lightningblue electricity from its body as it quickly flung towards Yanma. The Yanma just floated there as the ring missed it. Diamond gritted his teeth, "Ah, that twinkle in its eye was a detect attack. Hm. It's fast, even faster than that Lucario I face back in Veilstone. Also, it's a flying type Pokemon, so I can't necessarily stop it on the ground. Hm, definitely a worthy opponent. Eh, I hate to do this to you Dex, but it's the only way."

Diamond slapped his forehead and closed his eyes, "Flatter."

Dex heard these words and instantly got on its hands and knees, bowing to Yanma continuously as if to say, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Diamond did the same, uttering, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

Yanma blinked as it sweatdropped. It slowly realized that this form of flattery was supposed to be an attack. Well, it wasn't falling for it this time! It quickly dashed forward again, using Quick Attack on Dex, but somehow, someway it crashed into a boulder near Diamond and Dex. Consistently, it kept slamming into the rock, getting the rock and Dex mixed up for some reason.

Diamond folded his arms as Dex bounced up and down happily, "Confusion is the greatest form of flattery," he chuckled as he watched Yanma wear itself out before collapsing to the ground. He took out a Pokeball and tossed it at the beaten bug, watching the Pokeball wobble for a few seconds before dinging.

Yanma was caught!

Diamond walked over to the Pokeball and picked it up, "Welcome to the squad, Pilot."

------

Diamond proceeded to find Pearl, Jacob, and Mira before being stopped by Harold. The fat clown bowed in front of Diamond, grabbing his ankles, "Please, oh please, oh please! You gotta help me! Crasher Wake, er , I mean Neptune is after me! Help me! Help me! Help me!"

Diamond tried to free himself from Harold's grasp, "Eh! You tried to drown us! Why the hell would I help you!?"

"I'm good now! I swear to Arceus I'm good now!"

Diamond chuckled as he broke free from Harold's grasp, "One, I won't help you. Two, I want no part of this Neo Team Rocket battle. And three, Arceus doesn't exist."

Harold stood, sending his wishes to Diamond further, "Please! Please! I swear if you just defeat this guy, I'll be good forever! I'll...I'll...I'll be your slave!"

Diamond walked along, raising a brow as he heard the word "slave".

"Would help your decision if I tell you that he is the Gym Leader of Pastoria? You have to win his badge!"

Diamond stopped in his tracks and said emotionlessly, "Where-is-he?"

Harold pointed behind Diamond, "Watch out!"

Diamond turn around, but only turned into a choke hold by the great Neptune, "Haha! Coulda sworn you were dead. No matter, you can't do anything right unless you do it yourself, right kiddo?"

Diamond gagged as his body was lifted off the ground so that now he was face to face with Neptune's. Harold watched as he flinched, before collapsing onto the ground going through an epileptic episode. Just then Pearl, Mira, and Jacob arrived on the scene.

Pearl looked down at Harold, "Harold!" He looked over at Diamond being choked by Neptune, "Diamond!"

Neptune grinned, "Ha ha...Pearl...I'll be right with you."

He dropped an unconscious Diamond to the ground as Pearl neared Neptune, "Oh, you make it better. I don't have to chase you." Pearl's neck got caught right into the trap that was Neptune's palm. Pearl grunted loudly as his face grew paler as Neptune squeezed the life out of him. Noticing the kids in the distance, Neptune dropped Pearl, who had fainted, to the ground, "Oh look! Kiddies!" He took a step forward.

Jacob picked up Harold, struggling to carry his weight, "Mira! We've got to get out of here."

Mira nodded as she quickly released Kadabra, teleporting away.

With a sigh, Neptune carried the two unconscious boys on his back, "Let's go for a walk, shall we?"

-----

Splash!

Water was spurted across the boys faces as they hung upside down over a tank filled with Sharpedo, Carvanha, and Tentacruel. Upon being splashed, both boys woke up, faces red as a cherry.

"Wake up boys," Neptune said maniacaly, "it's time for your dip."

Pearl began to burst into tears, "I'm not even a Growlithe! I can't get dipped!"

Diamond sighed, thinking up a plan, "Hm," he thought, "Pilot should be fully recovered by now. If I can reach his Pokeball." He reached into his pocket. Luckily, his Pokeballs didn't fall out of his pocket from hanging in the air. Diamond took out Pilot's Pokeball and pressed the button on the front, releasing the Yanma.

"Cut us free, Pilot!"

Pilot nodded, using Wing Attack to cut free the ropes around their ankles. Diamond was caught by Diamond as Pilot wrapped its legs around Diamond's shoulders and armpits again. Pearl, luckily, was drifted away from falling into the tank by Pilot flapping its wings.

Diamond landed on the ground, released from Pilot's grasp.

Neptune smirked, "I knew this was coming. I've heard a lot about both of you; how you're able to get free from any situation."

"Mostly my doing," Diamond smirked as he stood side by side with Pearl.

Neptune chuckled, "Heh...You're not getting out of this one, though."

"That's what the last guy said," Pearl remarks.

Neptune held out two Pokeballs as Diamond looked up at Pilot with a nod, indicating he was using his newly acquired Pokemon for this battle. Pearl took out a Pokeball, preparing for a flooded fight.

(Next: Chapter 31: VS. Floatzel!)

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
I like your story very much, I read it every week and I always check for new chapters good work ;).

But, when is Dawn going to return, for a Main Character we haven't seen her for a long time.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
I like your story very much, I read it every week and I always check for new chapters good work ;).

But, when is Dawn going to return, for a Main Character we haven't seen her for a long time.

Sorry to say Dawn won't be back until either the last chapter of Vol. 3 or the beginning of Vol. 4. Thanks for reading!

Lash

Years
Awesome chapter. Though I did already read it (via PM). Can't wait for VS Floatzel. I think you should release it on Sunday for celebration of the movie. Sounds like a good idea? And seeing as Yanma is Diamond's now..

diacard.png

There you go bro. I am just going to assume that Yanma is male.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Awesome chapter. Though I did already read it (via PM). Can't wait for VS Floatzel. I think you should release it on Sunday for celebration of the movie. Sounds like a good idea? And seeing as Yanma is Diamond's now..

diacard.png

There you go bro. I am just going to assume that Yanma is male.

Thanks kid! Saved me the trouble! Hm...release VS. Floatzel on Sunday? Sounds good. I'll try to do it, but I may be busy this weekend. Big project for school, ugh.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
I still find it amazing how this is much longer than other fics and still going strong!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
I still find it amazing how this is much longer than other fics and still going strong!

Yeah, I'm really inspired :)! I generally have the time every Saturday night to write the fic and Sunday I edit and revise it to my liking. I also have a few beta people (Oni Raichu and Lash) to help me out.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 31: VS. Floatzel
dpmfa419.png

Diamond, preparing to battle alongside Pearl, looked at his feet and noticed that the Gym was slowly starting flood. He gulped loudly, knowing that he wasn't the best of swimmers. Now looking over to Pearl, Diamond noticed his friend releasing Verde, the Carnivine. Diamond grinned warmly as he said, "I knew you weren't all that ignorant, Pearl. I would have done the same thing. Verde can fly around, avoiding the water. Gaia wouldn't be able to move that quickly in these conditions. Smart move."

Pearl grinned, giving Diamond a thumbs up, "Actually, I figured since you had a Pokemon that can fly off the ground, why not I? You're generally always right, so I'd rather be right than wrong, Dia."

Neptune, meanwhile, took two Pokeballs outs from behind his back as they popped open. The first Pokemon was large, and serpent like with a cyan body, "First up, Gyarados." Neptune stated before looking to his second Pokemon. This Pokemon was equally cyan with a purple design on its back, "And second, Quagsire. Show no mercy!"

Diamond looked up at Pilot, "Alright, Pilot, fly a little bit higher, towards the ceiling. I've got a plan." He looked to Pearl with a hopeful look on his face, "You're Pokemon are strong. Think you can handle two Pokemon? I've got a plan."

Pearl nodded, not facing his comrade, "Of course. This is Pearl you're talking to."

Neptune started it off, "Gyarados, Hydro Pump!"

The atrocious Pokemon reared its ugly head before gulping in a hell of a load of water into its large mouth. Gyarados whipped its body up into the air as if to shake the liquid inside its throat around, so that it could aim it perfectly at the venus flytrap-like Pokemon, "Awwwrh!!!" The water quickly spurted out of Gyarados's mouth and slammed directly onto Verde's abdomen. The impact of the aquatic attack caused Verde to become submerged under water. Next, Neptune decided to give his Quagsire a demand of its own.

"Quagsire Haze and Mist! Together!"

The water fish Pokemon snorted dim wittedly as a fog-like substance shrouded the entire Gym. Pearl sneered a bit, looking over to Diamond as Verde emerged from the waters. Now, they were unable to see Neptune or his Pokemon, yet they were still able to see each other. Pearl thrusted his hand down, "I hope you've got a plan, Diamond! We can't even see his Pokemon or the weirdo himself!"

Diamond had a serious look on his face as he glanced around the entire arena, "I know that Pearl, but you're just going to have to trust me for once and stop listening to your own boneheaded plans, alright? This plan requires you to take a few hits, but its nothing you can't handle. You have more Pokemon than just Verde, so quit acting like a baby and man up!"

Those words were similar to the ones Diamond was given as child, by his father. Diamond was constantly told over and over again to man up and situations that called for him to stop acting like a child, and start acting like a man. In a way, Pearl shared the same criticism as Diamond. His older brother, years past his journey through Sinnoh, told Pearl to man up as well. Diamond and Pearl were both one in the same: two boys trying to become men. But, they'd have to get out of this trap first and Pearl didn't know how much longer he could wait until Diamond's plan was put into action.

The fog was growing much thicker as Diamond and Pearl heard a sound coming from the waters. The water was now up to their ankles. Diamond looked over at Pearl, "Pearl, does your Finneon know Surf?"

"Learning it, I guess. Not completely mastered."

"Good enough. A few more minutes, alright?" Diamond looked up to Pilot who was flying in circles above the fog. The fog failed to reach the surrounding area where the Yanma was.

And then...

BOOM!

Gyarados thrashed out the water, hurling Verde directly into the ceiling. The Carnivine gathered itself and swooped down. Pearl shouted, "Bullet Seed!" Verde fired a fleet of Bullet Seeds at Gyarados, but the seeds merely bounced off the Pokemon's face and splashed into the water. Pearl slapped his forehead, "Ah! Gyarados is partially a Flying-type!"

The voice of Neptune's voice could be heard, "Hm hm! Only a matter of time before this room completely fills up with water, choking you brats until you lose all your oxygen. Then, you'll be mines for the taking and I'll be rewarded with my youth. Oh, what a day it shall be!"

His voice trailed off again as Diamond looked around, before looking at his knees. The water now was knee high, "OK, time to put the plan into full effect. Pearl, follow my lead, alright?"

"I'll have to do that anyway."

-----

Meanwhile in Sandgem Town...

"I'm back Professor!" Dawn said, as she opened the door to Professor Rowan's Pokemon Lab. The lab was completely empty at the moment, only a few Starly that stayed in the lab were there, eating Pokemon Food. Dawn approached the round table, picking up a note off it. It read:

Dear visitor,

I'm currently on important scientific study at Lake Verity. It seems that the water level has been dropping. I don't know when I'll be back so I'd advise you to in the lab or return at a later time.

Rowan.

Dawn sighed as she scratched his head, "I promise, all the Professor is interested in nowadays are the lakes." She began to exit as she headed west walking down the grassy route heading towards Verity Lakefront, "I know he said that a legendary Pokemon lives at the lake, but no one has ever seen it but him." She chuckled, "Maybe he's going a bit crazy, I dunno."

After a good jog, Dawn arrived at Verity Lake, where sure enough, Prof. Rowan was standing there, observing the lake, "Hello, Dawn."

Dawn nodded as she approached the Professor, standing beside them as they each stared at the lake. The last time they were here, the water was near the grass level. Now, it had at the very least dropped a foot worth of water. Dawn placed her hands behind her back, fascinated, "This can't be possible. I've checked Weather Reports for this area and we're in rain season! How could the water level possibly drop if Twinleaf Town and Sandgem Town constantly have rains."

"The legendary Pokemon has vanished. That's why."

Dawn stared at the old man sideways,."Prof. there is no legendary Pokemon in this lake."

"That's because it has been transported. More than likely to Team Galactic HQ," Prof. Rowan sighed heavily, "I'm afraid we're going to fail the mission," he stared at Dawn, "How have Diamond and Pearl been holding up?'

"Pearl's been doing great! He's helped me stop several Team Galactic members as well as the Neo Team Rocket members who have been appearing," she looked off to the cavern island in the middle of the lake, "I...I wish I could say the same for Diamond. He doesn't seem committed to the mission. He's all about himself and those damn Gym Badges!" She folded her arms as she felt her ears getting hot as she spoke of the boys name.

Prof. Rowan chuckled, "Hm...Just like his father at one point."

Dawn looked up at her mentor, "His father?"

-----

"Pilot! Let's go!"

The Yanma swooped down, picking up Diamond the way he usually did. Diamond grasped onto Pilot's feet, looking down at the fog as they flew to a fighter altitude. Pearl looked up in shock, as if Diamond was about to abandon him, "You're gonna leave me by myself!" He yelled, standing beside his floating Carnivine.

Diamond didn't answer.

"Defog!" Diamond shouted, as Pilot's wings flapped violently. The force of the winds caused by Pilot's flapping, forced the fog to subside. However, once the fog disappeared, Neptune was grasping Pearl in a choke hold; a tight one at that.

"I've stalled long enough. Your Defog may have been able to knock out my Gyarados and Quagsire..

Towards the back of the room lay Gyarados and Quagsire. The high altitude of the Defog caused the attack to deal much more damage.

"...but you're no match for my best. Floatzel!"

As Pearl struggled and gagged in Neptune's grasp, slowly, a slender weasel Pokemon emerged from the depths of the now chest deep water (waist deep for Neptune). Finally fully emerging, a brownish-orange weasel Pokemon appeared. It a few tan parts, including a tan stomach with a brownish-orange rain drop on its would-be belly button area, and two tan tipped tails. Light blue flippers extended down from the Pokemon's wrist. Around its neck appeared to be some sort of life saving rope, looking similar to a model with a boa wrapped around her body.

Floatzel made an intimidating glare to Diamond, Pilot, and Verde.

"It's the end of the line, chump! You're down for the count, " Neptune held up his hands as he counted up, placing one finger up after each number, "One, two, three...ding, ding, ding! The winner and still champion....Crasher Wake!"

Diamond smirked and said, "Fine with me. I enjoy being the underdog. And since you've taken this battle out of proportion, so shall I!" He took out another Pokeball, "I waited long enough for you to emerge so I could do this."

Popped open from the Pokeball was Trident, Diamond's most reliable Pokemon. Upon coming out, Trident Ice Beamed the water, thinly freezing it, causing Neptune's lower body to be stuck in the frozen water. Unfortunately, so was Pearl, "Ah! Ack! D--Dia--munn! Mmph!"

"Eh, my bad!" Diamond waved his hand as Pilot muttered something to Diamond. Somehow understanding Pilot was ready to fight, Diamond nodded, "Sonic Boom!"

"Sonic Boom!"

Both Floatzel and Pilot sent off a stormy bit of Sonic Boom, each attack colliding with each other. The ice burst immediately, sending shards in each and every direction possible. The gym walls started to rumble and crumble at the impact of the sound waves. Neptune's hand was slowly removed from Pearl's neck. Quickly, the blonde boy recalled Verde, just now noticing the foundation of the Gym was in deep trouble. He looked up to Diamond "Dia! We gotta get outta here!" Bits of ice were now clinging on the walls, as tiles fell from the ceiling.

Diamond nodded, but saw Neptune running away towards the back, "Ah! He's getting away! You follow him on foot, I've got him in the air! I will get this Gym Badge if it's the last thing I do!"

Pearl had hoped Diamond wanted to follow Neptune because it was the right thing to do: to stop an NTR executive, but no. He merely nodded as he ran out the exit of the Gym.

Diamond and Pilot flew out through the chimney of the Gym. Looking up at Pilot, Diamond asked, "Do you see'em anywhere Pilot? Your Compound Eyes along with those Lens' should be of use." The Yanma looked around before sensing Neptune reentering the Great Marsh. Diamond smirked and said, "Let's go!"

Pilot zipped forward, leaving a Sonic Boom trail behind it.

Pearl began huffing and puffing as he tried to follow Diamond on foot, "Ack! Ack! Ugh," he stopped and placed his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breathe, "I've definitely got to get me a Flying-type Pokemon. No more running on foot for me! Ack!" He proceeded to limp towards the Great Marsh

-----

Neptune arrived, deep in the Marsh in section 6's forest. He rested under a tree, grasping Floatzel's Pokeball, "Ugh! Dammit! How in the world did those two youngins almost crush me! Ah! I've got to defeat them or I want be young again."

"And you want live to be young if you continue to mess around," a young male emerged from the woods, dressed in a purple suit. A dark purple rose on in his right breast pocket.

"Mr. X, sir. I-I didn't run out. The gym was collapsing! I could have been killed!"

X sneered at the childish man and reared his hand back to smack him. However, he slowly dropped it and jammed the fist into his pocket, "Forget it,". He looked to the sky and saw a Yanma flying around in circles, "You've got time to redeem yourself. Clean your act up!"

Neptune nodded as he stood, looking to the sky.

Diamond finally spotted the big man, as well as X, and directed Pilot to land in front of them. Once they did, Diamond clenched his right fist, "I want that badge, so let's finish this fight!" He noticed X and tilted his head, "And you are?"

X folded his arms, and closed his eyes, "You'll find out soon enough." He stroked his precious lavender hair, "Neptune. Do your job." X walked away into the shadows.

Neptune nodded, "Yes sir! Floatzel!"

Floatzel emerged from its Pokeball and immediately used Sonic Boom again. Pilot and Diamond managed to dodge as Diamond shouted, "Alright Pilot! Double Team!"

Pilot made several copies of itself, surrounding the Floatzel. The sea weasel Pokemon stared around, confused. Then, Pilot flapped its wings slowly, sending on a pink wave of energy that caused Floatzel to drift into slumber. Neptune grasped his head as he collapsed to the ground, "Argh! I can't do it! Gotta break free...Argh!!!!"

Diamond blinked, "What the hell?"

Floatzel stared back at its trainer, concerned.

"Let me go! Argh! No! I want out!"

Diamond bit his lip, "Uh, sir, are you okay?"

"Take it! Take it now!" From Neptune's arsenal, came two, spherical blue and silver badges, "I can't hold on to them! Argh! Run!"

Diamond looked up at Pilot before grabbing the two badges. Just then, Pearl arrived on the scene, "Hey Diamond, I'm her-whoa! Why is the big guy crawling on the ground like he has diarrhea?"

"I don't know. We were battling and then he had some form of a nervous breakdown. It seems weird receiving a badge without defeating the Gym Leader."

"Who cares? We got the badges!"

"I guess you're right. Let's get outta here!"

A seductive voice came from behind them just as they were about to leave, "Not so fast my boys."

The two turned around and came face to face with none other than...

Uranus.

The curvy woman stood there, dressed in a NTR dress. It was black, with an red R on the right breast. It had a cut on the right side as well, showing off her thigh. The dress definitely did not complement her purple hair, which had four separate ponytails. At her side, was a Jynx and in her hand was a small red necklace. Uranus waved the necklace in Neptune's face, causing the man's eyes to glow red.

"Must serve The Mask!" Neptune said in a zombie-like fashion

"That's right, honey. Serve the mask."

Diamond gritted his teeth, "Ugh, Gold didn't get rid of you? I knew he wasn't that strong. Well, I'll get rid of you myself!" He stepped in front of Pearl, as if he was going to face Neptune and Uranus on his own!

Neptune, now looking similar to a possessed person, shouted for Floatzel. The weasel Pokemon stood beside Jynx, prepared for battle.

Uranus giggled, "I'll get rid of you, and the little girl. While we're at it, let's dispose of the blonde boy as well!"

Pearl had a confused look on his face as he looked to Diamond in front of him, "Diamond! I want to help too!"

Diamond sneered, ignoring Pearl's comments, "We'll see about that!" He said, referring to the "get rid of you" comment.

(Next: Chapter 32: VS. Jynx!)

6000 Hits! Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Lash

Years
Awesome twists and turns there in VS Floatzel! Can't wait for VS Jynx, that was an awesome chapter ending. They got new badges? Cool.

59179cb934af4fa73553c017005dccd5.png

c60a050543561c9389a95f38219a1aa3.png

Once again, there. You should also update the first post linking to the chapters in Volume 3. XD

Lash

Years
Whoa dude, we went back in time man! The PC downtime caused like 4.5 days of posts lost. My advice TK dude, hurry up and post that VS Jynx chapter once more XD;
Oy. But yeah man, I still majorly enjoyed VS Floatzel. Favorite part:

Pearl began huffing and puffing as he tried to follow Diamond on foot, "Ack! Ack! Ugh," he stopped and placed his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breathe, "I've definitely got to get me a Flying-type Pokemon. No more running on foot for me! Ack!" He proceeded to limp towards the Great Marsh

Naroko

Shadow Reaper
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
what happened to VS JYNX ??it was here yesterday....

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 32: VS. Jynx!
dpffa124.png

Diamond reached up with his Pokeball, returning Pilot inside of the sphere. He thought to himself, "Pilot's been battling a lot, I've got to give him a break." He reached for another Pokeball.

Sam's.

Again, Diamond realized that his most reliable Pokemon was released into the wilderness of Hearhome City. This thought came to Diamond's mind as he exhaled. Pearl slowly placed his hand on Diamond's shoulder, "Hey! I'm here, remember? We can beat these goons together and stop them from their plans."

"If I told you once, I told you a thousand times, Pearl. I don't care what they plan to do. I only aim to get stronger and better myself. I could care less about saving the world. It's not my thing," Diamond said loudly. He then turned ot face Uranus and Neptune. Floatzel and Jynx stood, prepared for battle.

"Now then," Uranus stated, "Let's not wait any further. Jynx, Ice Punch!"

Neptune's eyes continued to glow in a crimson red manner. Drooling at the mouth, he commanded plainly, "Floatzel, Blizzard."

Jynx glided forward towards Diamond, landing a solid, icy punch across the boy's face, sending him flying into a tree. Diamond grabbed his jaw in pain as he felt warm blood rushing to the jaw, attempting to warm up the area of his face.

Pearl released Volt, his Electabuzz, so that the Blizzard could be blocked.

"Light Screen, Volt!"

An orange screen of light blocked off the Blizzard, sending it flying back in the opposing direction towards Floatzel, Uranus, and Neptune. Diamond was just now standing up, still nurturing his cheek. His cheek now had a dark black color.

"Ah...My jaw. It's so cold."

Uranus chuckled, "Yes, child. Neo Team Rocket specializes in Ice-attacks. We're much stronger than that weak bunch from Johto who got beat by weak children. In Sinnoh, we can't allow that to happen. And Team Galactic can't stop us!" She stepped forward, looking to Jynx who had just returned to her side, "Now then. Jynx! Let's show these boys what it will be like up north if they decide to follow us."

Jynx nodded, moving her hands together in a psychic motion before thrusting them forward, releasing a harsh Blizzard, created in her own palms. Diamond, Pearl, and Volt managed to dodge the Blizzard, but the forest was completely frozen.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Uranus reached into her pocket as Neptune collapsed to the ground. She pulled out a cellular phone and answered it, "Uranus, reporting, sir."

"Status report." said an intimidating, raspy voice on the other end.

"Yes sir, I'm currently in the middle of a battle and we have the upper hand."

"That's good enough, Uranus. As long as a message has been sent to the Rowan children. We need you in Celestic Town for a Galactic Conference."

"But sir, I'm prepared to demolish-"

"Now!"

-click-

Uranus sighed as she closed her phone, staring at the now standing Diamond and Pearl, "You children are so lucky. Heh, your day shall come," she place Neptune on her back, showing off her alarming strength. Above them, a helicopter extended a ladder down to the earth. Quickly, Uranus clmabered up the ladder after returning Jynx and Floatzel to their Pokeballs.

Diamond and Pearl didn't dare to try to go after them, knowing that they weren't strong enough to defeat them. Diamond slammed his fist into the dirt, "Damn it, Pearl! You're always in the damn way!"

Pearl scratched his head, "Uh..."

Diamond sighed, dusting himself off, muttering other inappropriate words. He began to pat his head, noticing that his beret was missing, "Where's my beret?" He continued to scan the area until he noticed a Galactic Goon standing there, twirling the red hat on his fingers.

"Looking for this my boy?"

Diamond closed his eyes, trying his best to hold in his anger, "Please...give...me...the...beret."

The goon chuckled and stepped back, "What if I don't wanna? I was just hired by Team Galactic and I really want to make a good impression on the boss. He's very demanding."

Exhaling deeply, Diamond proceed to count backwards from five.

Pearl breathed through the gaps in his teeth, "If I were you," he said to the grunt, "I'd run on the number four."

And the Goon did just that. He turned around, grasping the beret tightly as he ran. Ran for his life if you will. Diamond and Pearl followed suit, and pursuited him from behind. Every now and then, the Goon would look back to see if they were still chasing him and sure enough the duo were right on his tail. This chase continued on through eastern Pastoria and eventually to a grassy route where each of them stopped to take a breather. The Goon was about half a mile ahead as he yelled back to the duo, "Must you chase me? I only want this nifty hat! I don't want to battle you!"

Diamond bent over, placing his hands on his knees and gasping for air. He didn't waste his breath trying to answer the question. Instead, he stared down the Galactic member, thinking over what he would do the Goon when he caught him.

After a few minutes, the pursuit continued onto a sandy beach. Several Krabbies, beach goers, and life guards were alarmed by the chase. Diamond and Pearl didn't bother to say "Excuse me," or anything polite. Being a Galactic member, the Goon did the same. Eventually, the chase was headed north, where the duo lost sight of the Goon. Pearl insisted that he and Diamond take a breather inside a building. Outside of the building, a sign read:

"Doctor Footstep: Understand Your Pokemon's Happiness!"

As they entered the building, a man dressed in a white lab coat approached them. The entire floor was covered in sand, because the house had no form of carpet or tile, "Good afternoon, gentlemen. Might I say you young men should be at home? Its almost 7 PM. Nonetheless, I'm sure you're here to examine your Pokemon's happiness? I can fully read a Pokemon's emotions based on their footsteps, as well as their blood levels. If I may ask, may I see each of your leader Pokemon?"

Pearl grinned happily, "This will be fun! Right Diamond?"

Diamond did not answer Pearl, merely releasing Trident as Pearl released Gaia, his Grotle.

Trident and Gaia each stomped fiercely into the sand, leaving deep footprints. Dr. Footstep examined these footsteps closely and smiled happily at Gaia's footprint, "Oh my! Your Grotle is very satisfied with you, blonde boy! It reads here that you have taken great care of all your Pokemon. I expect them to continue to love you more."

Alas, came Diamond's reading...

"Oh my. Your Pokemon..."

Diamond blinked and said curiously, "Yes?"

"It's true, they love you, yet, there seems to be something missing. A long lost friend perhaps? Each of your Pokemon have big hearts, but those hearts are missing a giant piece. A piece so valuable that this body you're creating can't go on without it."

Diamond bit his lip as he felt a lump in throat. The truth hurt to him. He knew his party wouldn't be complete without Sam. But Sam was long gone. He had to forget about him. However, try as he might, Diamond just couldn't avoid and dodge Sam. Everyday, he thought about his first Pokemon. Did he really treat Sam so poorly?

After the reading, Diamond and Pearl left Dr. Footstep's lab. The sky was very dark, but Diamond wanted to find the Goon who stole his beret, "If we wait until tomorrow, we'll never find that Goon. They all look alike."

Pearl sighed as he placed his hands on Diamond's shoulder, "Dia. We'll get him tomorrow. I promise. Until then, we need to rest. It's been a long day. I hate to see my best friend stress over things like this. My brother told me that there is a Hotel in this town. Let's rest there and go find the Goon tomorrow, okay?"

Diamond thought it over and unwillingly agreed. He knew he was tired, but he wanted his beret back. He would have to wait until tomorrow.

-----

The next morning, Diamond was the first to rise. His room was connected to Pearl's room. Pearl had paid for the hotel with the money his brother had gave him. He had told Diamond earlier in the year that his brother was a rich "Tycoon". Diamond assumed that Pearl's mother was just wealthy. Eventually, the boys got into the elevator of the hotel. Pearl read a flyer by the buttons that read:

"Galactic Valor Conference: Come to the lake, just outside of Valor Lakefront Town."

Pearl looked to Diamond, who too read the flyer, "I'm sure your guy is there." He grinned.

Diamond nodded silently as the elevator buzzed. The doors slowly opened to the lobby, but something was awfully weird about the hotel. Team Galactic Grunts were scattered across the area. The most notable one was a Goon, sporting the red beret of Diamond's.

"There he is!" Diamond shouted as he and Pearl sprinted towards the Goon. Knowing he was in trouble, the Goon raced out of the hotel. The chase had started yet again: The Goon was chasing safety; Diamond and Pearl was chasing the Goon...

;;;

;;;

And "hundreds" of Grunts were chasing Diamond and Pearl.

(Next: Chapter 33: VS. Glameow!)

Author's Note: Expect a lot of chapter be released next week. I plan on completing Volume 3 next week. Volume 4 is to be a very epic and eventful chapter. Happy Reading.

EDIT: When PC was down, the chapter got deleted. Wasn't my doing, lol. Anyway, here's Jynx. Expect Glameow today or tomorrow kiddies.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 33: VS. Glameow!
dpmfa431.png

Placing the beret on his head again, the Galactic Goon continued to run and run north. He was looking for the entrance to Valor Lakefront, "Ugh, gotta find that place, whattzitcalled?" By now, the Goon was heavily fatigued and collapsed to the ground, back-of-head first. Minutes later, Diamond and Pearl arrived on the scene. Both of them got down a little lower to get a good look at the Goon. However, first and foremost, Diamond snatched the beret off the Goon's head and placed it back on his owns.

"Alright, I'm set," he stood up straight and turned around to face...

...the crowd of Team Galactic members, worried about the safety of their fellow Goon.

"Who do you think you are?"

"What's the big idea?"

"You're gonna pay for that, bucko!"

Pearl scratched his head, "Uh, Dia?"

"Yeah?"

"There's like a bajillion Team Galactic members."

"Basically."

"Shouldn't we run?"

"Let's."

Diamond and Pearl ran over the collapsed Goon, continue their sprint up north with the pack of Team Galactic members not too far behind. It was going to be another long and drawn out chase scene.

-----

About 30 minutes later, the Goon came to. He stood up dusting himself off. Looking around, he noticed Diamond and Pearl "hadn't caught up to him". He reached for the top of his head and noticed that the beret was missing. He snapped his fingers and dismay.

"Ah, damn it. That hat was so spiffy and stylish. Oh well." He continued to walk on. There was no need to locate Valor Lakefront now; Diamond and Pearl was gone and now he was in complete safety.

Or so he thought...

"Hey, you. Guy dressed in completely idiotic astronaut suit." said a calm, cool voice from behind the Goon.

The Goon turned around and faced a boy around the age of 15 or 16. He had long, crimson hair about to his shoulders. The hair covered his left eye in an intimidating, but cool fashion. His skin was rather pale, but it nonetheless looked healthy. He was dressed in a dark blue, almost black, windbreaker, with a few red stripes here and there. His boots matched the color pattern of this jacket. His pants were light, steel gray, almost white, and has cargo pockets on the side.

He reached into his pocket with his right, gloved hand, a smirk on his face perhaps as he stared at the Goon, "Are you one of Pluto's?"

The Goon shook his head rapidly, as if he hated the word 'Pluto',"Hell no! I'd never join that deranged freak! She's trying to alter time! We're trying to alter space! Duh!"

The boy chuckled, "It's all the same. Time and space are fine the way they are." His hand finally emerged from his pocket, revealing an Ultraball, "Prepare yourself." From the boy's Pokeball, emerged a Weavile.

The Goon quickly released a weak-looking Glameow.

"I better make this quick then, shall I? Weavile!"

Instantly, Weavile dashed forward, firing an array of Icy Wind in the face of Glameow. The ice cold attack hit directly in Glameow's face with ease, causing the cat Pokemon to close it's eyes. Weavile used Faint Attack to disappear and reappear behind Glameow.

"Metal Claw and we're out."

Comprehending, Weavile's hands quickly went from icy white, to metallic gray. It then slashed its claws at Glameow's back, completely, and almost brutally, defeating the Pokemon. The Goon dropped to his knees, stunned, "I didn't even get to call out an attack! What the hell!? Who are you!?"

The boy returned his Weavile and stared down at his defeated foe, "Years ago, I would have called you a weak fool. Now, I must say that you don't trust your Pokemon enough. You don't care for it at all; you just wish that it be strong, instantly. That's not how you do it, I'm afraid." He walked past the Goon, leaving the Galactic member confused."

"My name...Silver of the Johto Region. I've come to Sinnoh to prevent what happened years ago. The revitalization of Mask of Ice," Silver shuddered a bit, but maintained his calm posture. He stared at the Goon from the corner of his eye, "Obviously, your team has sometime planned as well. It is my duty as a Pokedex holder to stop you at all costs. I don't want to hurt you; I would rather help you understand. However, if you do not wish to understand, you," he sighed, hurting to say these words, "...if you die, you die."

Silver walked off, somewhat smiling as the Goon fainted once more.

"Heh, heh that was so awesome, " Silver muttered to himself, "I've always wanted to say that. That was the perfect opportunity."

He jammed his fists into his pockets as he stared at the path ahead, "Hm. Gold and Crys must be in Sunyshore by now. I've got to keep training though. If Neo Team Rocket is able to bring back Mask of Ice, we have to be at our strongest. We'll need all the help we can get," he smiled, "I'm glad I'm not in this alone, anymore. Well, I better off."

He released a Murkrow from his arsenal as it attached to his wrist. The Murkrow was amazingly strong enough to help Silver fly into the air, "Hmm, Murkrow. I hear you have an evolution. We should find that stone Professor Elm was speaking of."

-----

Diamond and Pearl, meanwhile, had just managed to escape from the Goons. They now lay in the grass, catching their breath. Diamond sat up, stretching, "Ah. I gotta get back to Solaceon Town." He stood up, dusting himself off, appearing to be in a content mood, now that he had his beret back.

Pearl grinned, "Alright! I'm com-"

"No."

"Dang, Diamond, you don't even know what I was fixing to say!"

Diamond cleared his throat and tried his best Pearl expression, "'Alright! I'm comin' to Solaceon with ya!'"

Pearl shrugged, "Not bad."

The two boys continued to walk on. It was going to be a long walk on foot to Solaceon. Diamond thought of using Pilot to fly there, however, he couldn't leave Pearl alone. He had come to enjoy his time with his best friend. He almost needed him to get out of every bad situation. Diamond hated to admit it, but Pearl was rather useful.

Above, Silver stared down at the two, "Hm, two trainers traveling together? Never heard of that before. Rather strange if you ask me. Ugh, I remember Gold wouldn't leave me alone. Maybe that's what is going on." Silver chuckled, amused, "C'mon, Murkrow, we better hurry."

(Next: Chapter 34: VS. Skorupi!)

Author's Note: Everyone! Say goodbye to Diamond and Pearl until the first chapter of Volume 4. The next three chapters will focus on the bribery of Team Galactic and Neo Team Rocket. What am I talking about? Heh, just keep on readin' friends. Until then, I will post the titles of the chapters in Volume 4, just so you can get some possibilities of what may happen, in your head. Happy Reading!

Note 2: Yes, I know. Short chapter. However, I'm introducing Silver into the plot, so be happy, kids. Expect the remainder of Vol. 3 to have short, but important chapters.

Back