• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Just a suggestion (if there's a way to switch it off fair play) but the super rod minigame is extremely hard for those of us with poor reaction times, especially on joiplay. I don't want to be blocked from completing the dex just because I have bad reaction time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I've tried the stupid minigame over 20 times now, its extremely unfair. I get the fitness center, its not essential for dex and such. Fishing is. I shouldn't let it get to me but its really upsetting me.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ooh, nice, I didn't know that!
    You aren't the first one. I'm gonna put about this on a NPC in v2.2.

Just a suggestion (if there's a way to switch it off fair play) but the super rod minigame is extremely hard for those of us with poor reaction times, especially on joiplay. I don't want to be blocked from completing the dex just because I have bad reaction time.

I've tried the stupid minigame over 20 times now, its extremely unfair. I get the fitness center, its not essential for dex and such. Fishing is. I shouldn't let it get to me but its really upsetting me.
    Thanks for your feedback! A difficulty decrease was already scheduled for v2.2, but I high probably will do an adjust for Joiplay users on v2.1.6.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Thank you! I was gonna suggest that if you wanted to keep the minigame make the green bit bigger and the arrow thing slower, cause I don't think 2 successes in 40 attempts at the minigame is how you planned it when there are exclusive pokemon at 1% (with one being one of my fave pokemon of all time: the dratini line)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't think 2 successes in 40 attempts at the minigame is how you planned it when there are exclusive pokemon at 1% (with one being one of my fave pokemon of all time: the dratini line)
    Yeah, this was exactly in my mind when I thought about this. For me is easy but I didn't know about other people.

By the way, there are only two 1% pokémon, and one can be found in several places with water.

I was gonna suggest that if you wanted to keep the minigame make the green bit bigger and the arrow thing slower
    For v2.1.6 in joiplay I was thinking on making it half-speed. Do you think that this makes the minigame playable? I probably do an even better change on v2.2.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    (I can't reply to things for some reason) half speed sounds reasonable, won't know for sure til I try it but it definitely seems reasonable

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    My Apologies, sir.
    Is there a Discord for pokemon island game sir? i want to see your progress and update. can't wait for v.2.2 🔥

and is there any chances you will add gen 9 dlc's pokemon to this game?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Being driven slightly mad by the pyramid puzzles to find the map, you can say no if you want but no chance of telling me how to get to the oasis without it (I have no idea if there's direct messages here if you're more comfortable doing that)?
    Second edit (first I just forgot a punctuation mark xD) is old amber available in the treasure shop (dw I know the rates are meh if it is)

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My Apologies, sir.
    Apologies? Why?

Is there a Discord for pokemon island game sir? i want to see your progress and update. can't wait for v2.2
    There is no Discord. Currently I did for v2.2 only small stuff, like fixing some trainer pokémon moveset, like all Nidokings/Nidoqueens. I generally do the most stuff in 2-3 months, when I have more time. For v2.2 is scheduled:
    Spoiler:
    Unfortunately, v2.2 high probably won't come this year.

and is there any chances you will add gen 9 dlc's pokemon to this game?
    Of course! Like I said on the thread, I want to put newer pokémon.

Being driven slightly mad by the pyramid puzzles to find the map, you can say no if you want but no chance of telling me how to get to the oasis without it (I have no idea if there's direct messages here if you're more comfortable doing that)?
    A good tip:
    Spoiler:

And yes, there are DMs here.

Second edit (first I just forgot a punctuation mark xD) is old amber available in the treasure shop (dw I know the rates are meh if it is)
    Yes! You can find all fossils in two places, this was one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Thank you!! (Also really looking forward to the fact the dlc mons will be in one day).
    Final question for a while hopefully: we're able to get the starter our rival picked eventually right?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you!! (Also really looking forward to the fact the dlc mons will be in one day).
    Final question for a while hopefully: we're able to get the starter our rival picked eventually right?
    Right! Like I said in the thread: All 1008 pokémon are available and if you don't delete pokémon then you can have as many copies as you want for each pokémon specie. From Bulbasaur to Miraidon.

Some players already got all 1008 pokémon.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there a speed up here?
    I am writing from a translator, so wait for errors
    There is no turbo button, but a lot of things in the game are faster than a standard pokémon game, like walking/running/bicycle/surf speed and fades. If you hold Z/X/C, the text goes faster in battles. There are options to speed up text (almost instant) and HP/EXP bars.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    How does the temple work, I've entered the hall of fame and she still has only ever given me one item and says 'come back when I've changed my mind
    Also would like to know how exactly I get the last starter since its not an option to pick from oak 😅

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How does the temple work, I've entered the hall of fame and she still has only ever given me one item and says 'come back when I've changed my mind
    Also would like to know how exactly I get the last starter since its not an option to pick from oak 😅
    Answers:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2023
    First off, I love this version of Pokemon.

I have a question, can you explain how the Happiness/Friendship system works?
    Trying to get a low level Sylveon, just wondering if the 256 step function is implemented, does fresh egg pokemon start at the 120, how much does the soothe bell influence, these type of questions.

Thank you
    DrkFewa

Back