• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Plus

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    I'm having a very weird bug where I patched the game and coincendentally, I wanted to try it out on my phone so I uploaded the patched ROM into my phone. Strangely, the ROM seems to be patched on my phone (there were a few extra items like some old sea map in the PC) but somehow the patch doesnt seem to have been applied on the ROM that's on my PC itself (no extra items, only 1 potion; also no special/physical icon besides moves)

Any idea what could be causing the issue? I've tried repatching and it's the same... first time i've encountered something like this...

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    Nice! I'm enjoying playing this. I like that it supports vanilla save files so I don't have to completely abandon my progress like in some other emerald QOL hacks.

Just one little change I made in the hex editor (PE PLUS):
    Change the offset 1335B8 from "08" to "00"

This enables running indoors and just makes the experience that much better.

Keep up the good work!

Years
    Thank you! Double plus is exactly what I was looking for. I downloaded it and I can't wait to try a nuzlocke on my Steam Deck when it arrives :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    I know this is 2, almost three years old now, but I'm so lost after downloading this, where is the actual patch file?? I've searched in every folder to no avail and it's driving me insane

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    Is there any way to disable the EXP share & exp gain parts of Plus Plus? They really mess up the game's balance IMO.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2023
    Hi uh, not sure if this is the right place but I seem to be having trouble with the double plus pack patch? It keeps going blank and not responding after I put in the time by the clock in the beginning (I'm using VBA) Is this normal or have I missed something?

sajuuktrinity

Software Developer
    Years
    Hi uh, not sure if this is the right place but I seem to be having trouble with the double plus pack patch? It keeps going blank and not responding after I put in the time by the clock in the beginning (I'm using VBA) Is this normal or have I missed something?

Might ought to try mGBA. After having been out of the ROM hacking scene myself for like a decade now, I found out how even VBA-M doesn't hold a candle to mGBA. Plus, evidently larger ROM hacks tend to glitch out often on VBA-M.

https://mgba.io/downloads.html

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2024
    I know this probably won't be updated, but can anyone point me to a patch that fixes berries disappearing after 10 cycles when not picked up? I'd like to patch it to this game. Thanks

Days
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    This thread is probably very much dead now, but this hack adds pretty much everything I ever wanted out of an Emerald hack except for later gen mons. I'd take the source code and do it myself, but I severely lack the brain power to do so.

I always preferred quality of life hacks to difficulty hacks, especially ones that preserve the core vanilla experience and just improve on it.

So if anyone does add later gens to this hack, it would probably become my favorite hack instantly.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    played on the PC good overall but my issue is sometimes the screen goes black can you help?

Back