• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    So the Nav was actually removed because it got too cluttered with the DexNav and Quest additions; the DexNav is only available for calling Mr. Stone. You actually still receive calls from Trainers, but using it is not an option.
    I do want to clarify that rematches aren't in the game, so the main functionality lost as a result is the map. Apologies for the inconvenience, but hope you're enjoying the game!

Okay, fair enough.
    Another thing you might want to look into: the Dark move 'Beat Up'... My Houndoom used it against the Goldeen (in the Seashore House on Route 109) and was softlocked trying to Dig while the text also mentioned that the trainer I was facing wanted to battle, and the Goldeen had two abilities...

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, fair enough.
    Another thing you might want to look into: the Dark move 'Beat Up'... My Houndoom used it against the Goldeen (in the Seashore House on Route 109) and was softlocked trying to Dig while the text also mentioned that the trainer I was facing wanted to battle, and the Goldeen had two abilities...

Yeah, so I just tested this and it seems it's not the Seashore House, but Beat Up itself. I didn't come into this issue earlier, but it was also reported by other people in RHH: https://github.com/rh-hideout/pokeemerald-expansion/issues/3167

I think the common sense solution for now is to remove Beat Up from the movepools, which shouldn't be an issue impacting too many mons.
    Thanks for letting me know!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    i need help, when i try use the dexnav, the pokemon goes away, and it says try to move slowly, how do i do that?

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    You said there was a level grinder to cap in the description, where would that be? I'm at Mossdeep before the 7th gym leader if that helps. I checked your documentation pages and there's no sign of it.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    You said there was a level grinder to cap in the description, where would that be? I'm at Mossdeep before the 7th gym leader if that helps. I checked your documentation pages and there's no sign of it.

First off, wow! Hope you've enjoyed the ride thus far :)
    The Level Grinder is in Slateport City near the south of the town.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    It's very refreshing to not rely on natures or IVs, and for the first time in a while i'm catching more pokemon than necessary to build strategies for harder battles. Thanks for the quick response!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    what's with this game? I can't even beat the team aqua grunt in the petalburg forest even tho i have a full team already. he totally destroys me no matter what i do.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

If you're trying to beat this game, expect to have a box full of carefully planned pokemon for certain battles after learning the opponent has pokemon that are way better than yours in every regard at the point of what you could catch in the story.

The elite four gauntlet was brutal knowing how bad the odds are stacked against you when you don't have the option to EV train to let you out-speed major threats, or spec into defense to take some hits you wouldn't otherwise. Ultimately I used this same team to take out Steven's post-game battle as well.

If you're going to attempt doing a nuzlocke, doing it without knowledge of the enemy trainers mid-to-late game will make your run a short one.

I've completed 14/30 of the quests, and I have no idea where to go for the quests that aren't directly challenging kanto/johto gym leaders, mainly the one with Miror B as the little brat outside Verdanturf's battle tent is still there even after entering the post-game and Steven.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack  [Complete, v1.11 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

If you're trying to beat this game, expect to have a box full of carefully planned pokemon for certain battles after learning the opponent has pokemon that are way better than yours in every regard at the point of what you could catch in the story.

The elite four gauntlet was brutal knowing how bad the odds are stacked against you when you don't have the option to EV train to let you out-speed major threats, or spec into defense to take some hits you wouldn't otherwise. Ultimately I used this same team to take out Steven's post-game battle as well.

If you're going to attempt doing a nuzlocke, doing it without knowledge of the enemy trainers mid-to-late game will make your run a short one.

I've completed 14/30 of the quests, and I have no idea where to go for the quests that aren't directly challenging kanto/johto gym leaders, mainly the one with Miror B as the little brat outside Verdanturf's battle tent is still there even after entering the post-game and Steven.

How did you beat the team aqua grunt at the beginning of the game? his pokemon are OP and for some reason, out speeds and tanks everything i throw at him, even tho he only has unevolved pokemon. and it's impossible to train before then because wild pokemon are so low level. Poochyena, carvanha and skrelp, it's impossible for them to be this OP, the carvanha even took down my water type, My water type, which should've resisted it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    How did you beat the team aqua grunt at the beginning of the game? his pokemon are OP and for some reason, out speeds and tanks everything i throw at him, even tho he only has unevolved pokemon. and it's impossible to train before then because wild pokemon are so low level. Poochyena, carvanha and skrelp, it's impossible for them to be this OP, the carvanha even took down my water type, My water type, which should've resisted it

Get your pokemon raised to the level cap of 15, you've got Shinx and oddish on route 101 that could help, route 103 having mareep, and lotad, and route 102 having shroomish, ralts (good counter to skrelp), rookidee, and galar-meowth. There's even joltik in Petalburg Woods that can help you with the carvana if shinx-mareep isn't enough. Try to get confusion inflicted on the opponent via ralts and build a team specifically against that grunt. If you're having trouble with him, I hope you'll have an easier time with roxanne.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Brandon would it be easy for you to help me download the game cause I'm not really good with this type of stuff

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I play until 3rd gym right now, so far i love it. Hope to see you in the future maybe with original game with original region if you have plan and free. Stay healthy and thank you for this game need to continue the game now

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    What is the Golden star in the search menu of the dexnavi?

It goes up to 3 stars, it would've been an indicator of how good the IVs of the pokemon would be, but since IVs are not a factor you'll just have a better chance of figuring out if the pokemon has its hidden ability after enough catch chaining. (This ultimately is fruitless since you can buy ability patches after your 4th badge in all marts)

Days
    • Seen yesterday

Hey, congrats! You're the first person to submit a team, so I guess technically you'll always be the first person to beat the game's public release :) thank you so much for taking the time to play the game! I hope it was a fun experience!
    Regarding at least Miror B., the NPCs in Slateport might provide you with some guidance. The other quests are found by interacting with other overworld NPCs - if you see anyone out of place, they're probably related!

I play until 3rd gym right now, so far i love it. Hope to see you in the future maybe with original game with original region if you have plan and free. Stay healthy and thank you for this game need to continue the game now
    It means a lot that you're enjoying it!

How do we evolve hisuian Sneasel?
    Sneasel-H evolves like it does in the mainline games, which requires the Sneasel-H to hold a Razor Claw during the day time. Hope this helps!

Days
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Yeah, so I just tested this and it seems it's not the Seashore House, but Beat Up itself. I didn't come into this issue earlier, but it was also reported by other people in RHH: https://github.com/rh-hideout/pokeemerald-expansion/issues/3167

I think the common sense solution for now is to remove Beat Up from the movepools, which shouldn't be an issue impacting too many mons.
    Thanks for letting me know!

Great, thank you for that!
    One last thing: how does the trainers scale in the mid/late game? Is it an average of party members or only based on your highest level Pokémon?
    PS. and when does the "mid game" begin?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Get your pokemon raised to the level cap of 15, you've got Shinx and oddish on route 101 that could help, route 103 having mareep, and lotad, and route 102 having shroomish, ralts (good counter to skrelp), rookidee, and galar-meowth. There's even joltik in Petalburg Woods that can help you with the carvana if shinx-mareep isn't enough. Try to get confusion inflicted on the opponent via ralts and build a team specifically against that grunt. If you're having trouble with him, I hope you'll have an easier time with roxanne.

Ralts really doesn't counter Skrelp, though, since Acid will obliterate Ralts on the spot.

I managed to get it down with Silver Wind Yanma to cleave through Poochyena and Carvanha, but THEN I got stonewalled by Roxanne (There aren't really any good options to deal with ALL of Lileep, Tyrunt AND Amaura), and even when by some miracle I managed to beat her by getting multiple Silver Wind omniboosts on my Yanma and effectively cheating by capturing a Budew that was above the level cap, I then proceeded to immediately get stuck on the Rusturf Tunnel Aqua Grunt (specifically his Psychic Fangs Basculin, as well as his Mightyena getting ungodly flinch RNG on my Combusken).

Early Game Hell is in full effect here, and it's just kind of turned me off from this hack. Even Radical Red doesn't have as nasty an earlygame as this outside of Hardcore Mode.

Last edited:
    Back