• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Points - more or less?

Years
    Events will give out points that will advance the story through 3 different progression bars - one for Pikachu's side of story, one for Eevee's and one for overall progression. Story will move on after finishing given portion of points in each bar.

This is current state of the each bar is like this with all the numbers being only used as an example.

Spoiler:

How many points should each part take? And how many points should events give out?

I like these numbers and think they are reachable in the GT's timespan, but that depends on how many events will actually give points away. And for how many points will be given out... I think small number could be given in "daily" events and in participating/submitting something in the bigger ones. Big events can give more points if it makes sense for them to give away points at all.

We could also give away points for activity like posts, but I'm not sure how well will that work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Not quite sure how mine being VPP would work per say. My main goal is posting across the boards till each one has reached their post count. I did think about making it so the only posts that count were the ones that were only made in the GT section but that was just to much tedious work.

I will be giving prizes and points away for VPP along with Detective Pikachu.

Years
    I think it will be hard to say for sure until we see the number of events and what they are properly. We can extrapolate the points better from there. For now though I think what you have is pretty reasonable as an estimate though.

Years
    Bobandbill suggested making a list of events and note which ends earlier. I also add points that could be rewarded as suggestion for that event:

Points gained earlier
    Who's That Pokémon? - 10 puzzles, each lasts for 48 hours. I suggest 6 points per everyone who guess the right answer.
    VPP Get Together - 50 points each per completed part.
    Movie Nights - Not sure how many movies will be showed, 3 points per viewer
    GT Challenge - 1 point per a room discovered by a user. There are special rooms with more points 20 after beating 4 Gyms and 20 after beating the whole game.
    Paint & Describe - 2 points per participation in the live event, 5 points per the completed cycle in the thread event.
    Drawing/Painting - New theme each 2 days, here's host's points:
    1 point per participation and 3 for first place, 2 for second and 1 for third place. I was thinking of an intermediate level for more elaborated drawings dividing it in sub categories: shades, colors, and memes. They would provide 2 points per participation and would grant 6 points first place, 4 points second and 2 points third place. Advanced would have the same sub categories as well and would grant 3 points per participation and 9 points first place, 6 points second place and 3 points third place. And a special category called master (for masterpieces) that would grant around 50-75 for first place, 35-50 second place and 25-35 for third place (I'm still thinking if it should be more like 100 1st, 75 2nd and 50 3rd place since a masterpiece is a lot of work and would include the use of colors and shades and how they combine with each other, adding meme's to the masterpiece would be optional).
    I would personally gave away points for every art turned in.
    GT Mafia - Turbo games, so I assume there will be more than one, 100 points for Pikachu if Mafia wins, 100 points to Eevee if Town wins
    GT Invitational/Random Tour - 15 points per match. The winner decides where to put the points.
    Eevee's Arcade - Set several High Scores and each time one is beaten, the users will earn points. Let's say there will be 5 goals for each game, 1st one for 5 points, 2nd for 10, 3rd for 15, 4th for 20 and 5th for 25 points.
    CAH - 1 game every 48 hours, 5 point per participation per game.
    Pokémon Choice Quest (Will make thread soon, don't worry) - 0 to 5 points given each 24 hours depending on how well the players choose.

Points gained at the end (or will there be points at all)
    SWC - ???
    PPC - ???
    Map Off - ???

Now lets say 5 users will complete each event (where it can be applied). Basically the most optimistic, if-everything-is-completed look at the points:
    Who's That Pokémon? - 30 points per the right answer, 300 for the whole
    VPP Get Together - 250 points
    Movie Nights - Let's say 3 movies will be showed, that's 45 points
    GT Challenge - At least 48 per user, 240 total
    Paint & Describe - Don't ask how I did the math, but it's about 210 points total in Advance category, which is imho nice spread of the points
    GT Mafia - I have no idea how long the turbo game is, so I will count 2 games - 200
    GT Invitational/Random Tour - 60-75 points (not sure how the bracket will work)
    Eevee's Arcade - 300 points if all games are finished
    CAH - 125 points total
    Choice Quest - Total points can go anywhere from 0 to 500, so let's say 250 will be awarded in total

That's about 1895 points in total. I didn't count in any of the ddrox's events as they aren't up yet. I think it is pretty nice number, given that there is no way actually completing everything. I think we could ever rise points needed a little bit, because of the 24h events. Thoughts on the points? I feel like they could be a tweaked a little bit, but I can't figure out how.

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    FWIW my events are Mario Kart which is a participation thing like cah so give it equal worth imo, and the quiz which... I'll say based on that I'll aim for 200-250 points for the quiz as a whole.

That plus Rabinov's events if they are similar worth brings the magic number somewhere in the 2500 range, so I say we use that as our top goal (or if those are divided by route - 1250 a side) and let 24h memefests pick up the slack from incomplete stuff.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I would suggest having the final point total be slightly less than the optimistic final total we come to. That way we won't have to worry too much about not reaching said total.

I feel SWC could give participation points, e.g. 50 per entry received, and then more points for placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd [if we do judging quickly - this comes down to how many entries we get though].

Last edited:
    Years
    I would suggest having the final point total be slightly less than the optimistic final total we come to. That way we won't have to worry too much about not reaching said total.

I feel SWC could give participation points, e.g. 50 per entry received, and then more points for placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd [if we do judging quickly - this comes down to how many entries we get though].

I agree with this.

Edit: Also the invitational and random tour will be separate.

Last edited:
    Years

I agree with this.

Edit: Also the invitational and random tour will be separate.
    FWIW my events are Mario Kart which is a participation thing like cah so give it equal worth imo, and the quiz which... I'll say based on that I'll aim for 200-250 points for the quiz as a whole.

That plus Rabinov's events if they are similar worth brings the magic number somewhere in the 2500 range, so I say we use that as our top goal (or if those are divided by route - 1250 a side) and let 24h memefests pick up the slack from incomplete stuff.
    Thanks for the input... I updated the points to this. Isn't it too much?
    Spoiler:

Years
    I really don't have an opinion on how many points there are total, but one thing I would like to note is that the easier an event is for participation, the less points should be awarded, and the more difficult the more points.

However, I will say that stuff like quizzes should perhaps have one representative per team send in answers. Two years ago, a team from the houses banded many members together to send in the answers individually, and points were awarded individually to each member, thus awarding the team as a whole.

Other than that, I don't have anything further to add, unless something else comes up.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Did we want to give out points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for VPP? Or would that be to much?

Years
    Did we want to give out points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for VPP? Or would that be to much?

As you see fit, if it helps my VG Trivia will be having a small leaderboard of sorts, in reality it doesn't make a difference as the points go towards one cause anyway.

Back