• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pit of 100 Trials - Roguelite Style Hack

Team Aqua Leader Archie

Completely Normal Grunt
Years
    • Seen today
    intro_of_hack.gif

Description:

This is a small hack I've been working on that is inspired by Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, in which the Pit of 100 Trials is an optional dungeon with 100 floors of battles. I have translated that concept into Pokemon.

In this challenge, you start with 3 random Pokemon and must fight through a random trainer gauntlet over 100 Floors. You and each trainer have random mons (if you're playing Extra Random mode you also have random moves/abilities/learnsets). There is a singles and doubles mode. The Enemy trainer mon levels are tied to the floor number, with Lvl 1 being the minimum and Lvl 100 being the maximum. At the start of the challenge, there is only one trainer per floor, but as you progress, more of them will spawn (random number per floor, weighted to lower numbers), with a max of four per floor by the end of the Pit. After clearing each floor you will get one to three random item drops and then the next floor warp will activate letting you progress. Every 5th floor is a Heal/Shop floor where you will be able to rest and prepare for the next trial. And every 25th floor, you will be given the choice of another random mon.

If you do manage to beat the final trainer on Floor 100, you can choose to keep going and see how far you can get. That's all the info I've got. Hopefully, you have fun. If you're interested in discussing the hack make sure to join the Discord. I plan on releasing balance updates in the near future based on community feedback from the release, and potentially also some new features if people are interested in them.

UPDATED: v1.2 ---- 05/10/2024

Now Normal vs Extra Random are decided in game before a run starts instead of being different patches.
    There is a Doubles mode that is in beta but seems to be working, it will ask you which mode with the Extra Random question before a run.
    Some QOL stuff like 3 random item drops instead of 2 per floor, move relearned NPC every 20 floors, Move names for TMs in shops, instant text as default (can be changed), Exp curves standardized to Medium Fast, Random item type chances balanced around heals more, Exp Share updated to be 75% of max instead of 50

UPDATED: v1.4 ---- 05/18/2024

Floor Movers have been added that let you pay to skip floors. Trainer number per floor is now random instead of set.
    Item drops are now random between 1 and 3. Instead of just 2 or just 3 per floor.
    A Hard Mode has been added with less Exp Share Gain. Updated Learnsets for Normal Random so Mons can learn the other 50 TMs added. (wiz1989, Aereon)
    Item balance changes (wiz1989). Final Boss Trainer has all Evolved Mons. Pokemon now start at Level 1 on Floor 1 and go up from there.

Pitof100Trials_Gen5-0.pngPitof100Trials_Gen5-8.pngPitof100Trials_Gen5-5.png
    Pitof100Trials_Gen5-6.pngPitof100Trials_Gen5-7.pngPitof100Trials_Gen5-2.png
    Pitof100Trials_Gen5-4.pngPitof100Trials_Gen5-9.pngPitof100Trials_AllGens_v1.2-1.png
    Pitof100Trials_Gen5-1.pngPitof100Trials_AllGens_v1.2-0.pngPitof100Trials_Gen5-12.png

Release:

There are 2 versions of the hack, a version with just up to Gen 5 mons, and a version with all Gens Mons.

Google Drive
    Discord

Credits:

Spoiler:

Join the Team Aqua Discord to talk about the hack or learn how to create your own.

Last edited:

Team Aqua Leader Archie

Completely Normal Grunt
    Years
    • Seen today

Update: v1.2 ---- 05/10/2024

Now Normal vs Extra Random are decided in game before a run starts instead of being different patches.

There is a Doubles mode that is in beta but seems to be working, it will ask you which mode with the Extra Random question before a run.

Some QOL stuff like 3 random item drops instead of 2 per floor, move relearned NPC every 20 floors, Move names for TMs in shops, instant text as default (can be changed), Exp curves standardized to Medium Fast, Random item type chances balanced around heals more, Exp Share updated to be 75% of max instead of 50

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Super excited to play this, but it keeps crashing. I enter the first floor and it's as though the game is trying to enter a wild pokemon encounter before the screen looks like a CRT TV and freezes. I've tried both trashman and a different rombase to no success on myboy. Any help would be appreciated

Edit: tested the same rom on openemu and it works fine

Last edited:

Team Aqua Leader Archie

Completely Normal Grunt
    Years
    • Seen today
    Super excited to play this, but it keeps crashing. I enter the first floor and it's as though the game is trying to enter a wild pokemon encounter before the screen looks like a CRT TV and freezes. I've tried both trashman and a different rombase to no success on myboy. Any help would be appreciated

Edit: tested the same rom on openemu and it works fine
    Yeah MyBoy just doesn't seem to work for it. I have no idea why as it works on all actually good emulators and it works completely fine on actual hardware. There are multiple other mobile emulators people have tested for it that work though.

Team Aqua Leader Archie

Completely Normal Grunt
    Years
    • Seen today

Update v1.4 -- 05/18/2024

Lots of changes have been made.
    Floor Movers have been added that let you pay to skip floors.
    Trainer number per floor is now random instead of set.
    Item drops are now random between 1 and 3.
    A Hard Mode has been added with less Exp Share Gain.
    Updated Learnsets for Normal Random so Mons can learn the other 50 TMs added. (wiz1989, Aereon)
    Item balance changes (wiz1989)
    Final Boss Trainer has all Evolved Mons.
    Pokemon now start at Level 1 on Floor 1 and go up from there.

Days
    • Seen today
    The new version is the perfect challenge!
    Played on Gen5 normal mode, single and had a blast!
    Gonna be really hard to win ngl!

Back