• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: PC Get-Together 2019

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    If there's any need to write an introductory "storyline" and or flavour for these kinds of events I'm volunteering my help. I'm available at usual consulting hours and offering my usual discount of ₽0 over my usual fees of ₽0, as per usual. Usually.

All I ask however is that any help required of me is well ahead the event proper, as once it hits my main and potentially only focus will be the Small Writing Contest event, as usual.

If we're going with Rainbow Rocket-esque multiple "villains" may I suggest that each villain "takes over" a given section of the forums? For example Cyrus wants a world without soul, so he takes over the Pokémon games section so there's no Soul (or Heart). Lyssandre and his emphasis on beauty hints taking control of the Creative section. Not every team needs to feature and maybe two villains can join forces to take over one section - admittedly I can't figure out where Archie and Maxie would even go, if anywhere.

Mechanically speaking, the desired activities within that specific section would contribute points towards weakening or defeating the boss of that one section, and "winning" the GT would require all the bosses being sufficiently weakened.

Either as a means of incentive or as the introductory threat, the presence of the boss could mean some features of that section can be obstructed (not removed!) until a bit of their health has been depleted. For example Lyssandre puts up a "paywall" on all Art threads so that you have to click on a Pietá featuring Lyssandre (or on a chibi Lyssandre, hmmm....) before seeing any outgoing link (to DeviantArt etc). Cyrus doesn't like emotions, so he'll hide the Like button or make it transparent until he's slapped around a bit. Stuff like that. Since this would only take a bit of activity to dispel and would only last up to the finale of the GT in the worst case scenario, IMO it wouldn't be any too obstructive.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Count me in with any plotting/writing/whatnot for the storyline and etc as well - certainly got my interest!
    If we're going with Rainbow Rocket-esque multiple "villains" may I suggest that each villain "takes over" a given section of the forums? For example Cyrus wants a world without soul, so he takes over the Pokémon games section so there's no Soul (or Heart). Lyssandre and his emphasis on beauty hints taking control of the Creative section. Not every team needs to feature and maybe two villains can join forces to take over one section - admittedly I can't figure out where Archie and Maxie would even go, if anywhere.
    Extend it to discord and social media as well. :B

Grouping seems neat though - maybe it means certain types of events will go towards weakening certain bosses?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Archie and Maxie could do Pokemon Trivia and Forum Games...see which one is better.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    (i posted this in the other threads but this goes here more as the other one is more for the story)

I love this so far! So a detective-themed game where everyone is collectively working towards solving a mystery, with clues released at certain milestones of "points" is what I'm gathering?

Mechanically, I agree it would make more sense for everyone to be part of the same team, and then for every 50 points earned (or something like that, however we want to scale points) through the usual events we have in GTs, a new clue will be released and progress the overarching story.

To be clear, I would love the mystery solving to be as unguided as possible too, but I would be concerned for time as GTs are typically within 1-2 weeks, so a little guidance or even multiple choice hints towards solving the mystery might help speed things along. This whole event could be very dependent on the players' progression speed - if the mystery isn't wrapped up by x date we can't just end it whenever (or we could, but it would be kind of unsatisfying). Are we okay with just letting this run until the mystery is solved, or does the community "lose" if they can't solve it by a certain date?

I think this is a neat idea so far. People who don't want to participate in the mystery part of it can just play the minigames and events as they always do in every GT, but they will still be contributing to the bigger event in their own way and helping the players who do want to solve the mystery.

Last edited:
    Back