• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: PC Get-Together 2019

Years
    Hi everyone! Rika suggested we get a dialogue going about the Get-Together event for 2019.

I reorganized the PC Event Category (please do yourself a favor and do no look at this on the Old UI idk categories can be weird in subforums) to have all of the Get-Together sections in Chronological order. Everyone should have access to the Event Management areas. (If you don't post below pls and I'll try to fix)

Important threads for quick reference.
    2018 Feedback Thread
    2018 Staff Response to Feedback Thread
    2017 Staff Response to feedback thread

I definitely think we should do teams again - they're a lot of fun :fufu:

What do y'all think?

Last edited:
    Years
    When they do come around, I want to wish the new event managers well as they work hard to get the GT up and running!! As someone who has worked on two in a row, it is exhausting worrying about everyone's schedules and make sure discussion is flowing as smoothly as possible. At the end of the day, it's super worth it because of how much fun it is, but just be aware that it is a huge time sink so please be careful volunteering unless you have a month or two of sizeable free time!

Years
    I enjoyed organizing it last year, but like last year, I would like to see something different than a teams.

But I'm in!

Years
    I'm definitely up for helping run the GT again this year. I had a blast being involved last time.

Perhaps rather than teams, we band everyone together to defeat some fictional nemesis? You still set a points bar or something and thus we have a collective goal to beat. Personally, I love doing the teams and would be thrilled to do that again but some people (like Janp) did express an interest in doing something different iirc.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hopefully at a better time for me this time around because last time I had just moved overseas! So I missed out both on helping and participating...
    Perhaps rather than teams, we band everyone together to defeat some fictional nemesis? You still set a points bar or something and thus we have a collective goal to beat. Personally, I love doing the teams and would be thrilled to do that again but some people (like Janp) did express an interest in doing something different iirc.
    This strikes me as a rather good idea. I think we should try something other than teams to keep things fresh, and a collective goal sounds grand.

What would the goal be (or who would be the nemesis)? Stop TR from stealing stuff? Fighting Game Freak to ensure gen 8 is good?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    hehe fighting nintendo

I'd love to do something collectively against a fictional enemy rather than compete within. We can still do plenty of contests and games with temporary small teams for each activity though :)

Make the whole thing promote posting and activity, like a way for more shy people to want to crawl out into the light and post in areas they maybe didn't before etc. Or just make lurkers suddenly talk.

dibs on arraging a big RP event around the theme!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Sounds like a perfect opportunity to bring back a Survivor-esque event too

Years
    One of my ideas last year was to fight a Shadow Pokémon. Like in Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. But with posts and activity.

But I think we could do something like an ARG. People seemed to enjoy the puzzle that we did at the end of GT last year. And there is Detective Pikachu coming out, so what about a detective-themed GT? The whole community could get clues while competing in events and such stuff... And we can put Team Rocket in there as the main villain.

Years
    I'm definitely up for helping run the GT again this year. I had a blast being involved last time.

Hopefully at a better time for me this time around because last time I had just moved overseas! So I missed out both on helping and participating...This strikes me as a rather good idea. I think we should try something other than teams to keep things fresh, and a collective goal sounds grand.

What would the goal be (or who would be the nemesis)? Stop TR from stealing stuff? Fighting Game Freak to ensure gen 8 is good?

ooOoOOo I like the idea of being against a fictional nemesis, and team rocket would be a good decision :) good call y'all.

I wouldn't mind doing something on the discord server similar to what we did for the anniversary (assignable team roles, and whoever wins...or something idk)

eta: detective pikachu sounds adorb.

Last edited:
    Years
    Detective Pikachu :eyes: i like Zach's idea combined with Marcin/Daniel's. The idea of a detective esque direction combined with collective efforts to beat team rocket (gamefreak) would be amazing and does promote teamwork well :)

Im not sure about the team roles one.. I'll have to think on that a bit

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg YES detective pikachu theme!!

And whatever the bad guys there are. Is it team rocket? I do feel like we could be a bit less mainstream with what antagonists we choose ahha as TR has been done to death by Everyone

Years
    ^ I agree that different antagonists would work. team rocket is usually the go to, but I feel like that's too predictable a route and might get kinda boring. ;_;

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    If we're lucky, they might reveal the villain team for Sword & Shield soon enough for us to make use of them for this. Assuming there will be one anyway.

But regardless, I like the idea of having everyone contribute towards a collective goal (defeating some sort of nemesis) for this GT, let's do it.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'm sooooooo down to help run it again this year! I do think that teams are a bit played out at the moment, and some users have expressed this. Loving the idea of having everyone contribute as a collective to take down some sort of nemesis.

In the even that we don't get any new information about Sword and Shield by the time this comes around, which I highly doubt, but in any case, we could use Team Plasma and that they've returned to follow up on their defeat or something.

Spoiler:

on a side note i spent like 20 mins tops on these lmao

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Ah, but what if Team Rocket merely appear to be the bad guys but it's a ruse? :V As in, midway through the participants ala detectives discover that they are not responsible for the main "crime" (whatever that may be - again, could be something silly like trying to ruin the gen 8 games) and instead some other group are. Team Spoilers

I like the idea of getting clues by completing events. Could also do one of those hunting-for-clues events (e.g. hiding clues in old posts across different forum sections), and maybe then somehow trying to involve making people active in those sections to activate those clues...? Hmm. Certainly potential but requires thought.

Bay

Years
    If we're gonna do a Detective Pikachu mystery theme for this year's Get Together, then a ruse is always a must as Marcin suggested. I also like the idea of using whatever Team will be used in Sword and Shield, if there will be one beforehand.

Years
    Ooo id love to help expand on the hidden clues idea! Its certainly one way to explore and get clickbaits :^) unlockable clues could be a good thing. X relevant posts in y section to unlock a hidden clue?

We could do a breakout on that but online :o

Years
    Here's the thread with clues and puzzles we used last year. I think we can re-use some of them.

And what do you all say about having more story-driven GT? Like someone appearing on Discord telling everyone about the thread and recruiting users to help them before the GT starts. Or like creating a small fan game (about 3 or 4 maps of just walking and interacting with stuff) that would both include clues and would require clues to unlock new areas in-game. Or like having new user that would interact with other users and would tell them lore behind all this.

I know it would be a lot of work, but could be also a fun to do.

Back