• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old threads or things you did on this site that you regret?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
What the title says.

For me… almost everything made in my first 10 months on this site. Like literally almost everything from 2015 and a handful of 2016 content are practically unwatchable. If you see a thread that was made by me and was from those two years, for the love of god, get away from that thread immediately. All of those old threads from me are just full of cringe and to say I regret those threads would be an understatement.

There are I think two or three threads that I completely abhor to the bottom of my soul, but thakfully I couldn't find them when I tried to look them up. But again, another warning, if you see a thread from me on this site made in 2015 or the first two months of 2016, get away from there and pretend you never saw it.

As for the old threads I don't mind, I thought my first thread, which was my introductory thread, wasn't too bad. And this one I do kinda like. And this one was also kinda good. And this one as well.

But most of the others were all either bogged down with cringe, me trying too hard to be funny or entertaining, actual trolling, or all the above. I resent those threads immensely.

As for you guys, any old threads you all made that you regret? And if not a thread, anything in general you did or said that you now condemn?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
When I joined the Social Media Team, I immediately posted a joke on the Facebook page that didn't make any sense. It was about competitive Pokemon. I don't know why I didn't stop and think for a second "hey. maybe this wouldn't apply to the target audience of the page". The post got no traction or response. It's possible I was just excited or overwhelmed with the feeling of being a part of something here. My normal judgement being clouded.

Two days later I got a message saying "We talked about this, and seriously think you should start consulting with us on discord".

Yikes. I had it coming though. At the very least, the rest of my little stint doing it wasn't too bad.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
There was that one time where I basically forced the admins to nuke a section I was modding because at the time I was like "bigoted assholes should be allowed to have a voice because I think they can be changed and I also refuse to get rid of these 3 obvious problem users"

Never really was one for regrets, but, if I could do that one over....

Years
my first few topics on the forum. because of how cringe they were i pretty much left and felt unwelcomed 🥴

~Cinderace~

This cinderace is always ready for a battle
Days
I just posted a thread on pokemon general discussions called pokemon ships and I didn't read the rules of it and instantly regretted it but I felt happy when some one texted back ;)

Years
I posed as a high school kid at one point during my extreme Pokemon obsessed days (like 2018-2020) when I was really in my 30's. I just didn't want to face the fact that I was getting...older.

I later confessed to be in my 30's at one point during the pandemic days as well as my true self, an autistic woman who likes video games, and goes to day-hab instead of work.

I'm sorry all. I feel bad about pulling you all in a weird direction.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Talking about how much I hated color as a teenager was kinda super edgy of me and I don't really know why I was like that. I kinda regret a lot of my old usertitles and stuff during that era, but eh. We were all edgy teens once, you know? I'm glad most of my old blog entries are gone though when I was morbidly depressed.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
Back when I first joined, I think I had the swear filters on that censor swears with Pokemon names, and I thought that people would actually type out "psyducking" instead of "f*cking" and such. Took me a while to figure that out. I do remember a few times actually typing out psyducking.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Probably all the japes I pulled on my old old account that ended up getting me banned 😢. And I regret being mean to some people

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
Thankfully being newer means I have many less years to hold embarrassing memories here, but I do think I've sent a couple messages where I think I came off as being angry or uncaring to someone I was talking to. Changing my username also makes me feel really awkward looking at the previous one.
This stuff happens to everyone I suppose.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Something happened here that I won't get into too much discussion over since that's old history, but I had my old account deleted. Several years later though, I came to regret that decision, however, I understood that it was permanent and there wouldn't be a way to reverse it. The only sign that I have been here a long time is that after I made a new and fresh account, I asked for my join date to reflect that of my old account which was able to be done and still shows on this account to this day. I had well over 10K posts on that account as well.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
look when an undiagnosed autistic ten-year-old with no social skills joins up and stays around for almost two decades you know there's too much regret to even BEGIN to talk about

I think most of mine have been deleted but I certainly cringe thinking about some of the stuff I posted on this site back in the day. Most of it was just me taking myself WAY too seriously, especially as a mod/staff/etc. I think I mellowed out as I got older though.

Back