• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Offensive Team for Rate

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    After getting fed up with the way the shoddy metagame has geared towards a defensive game, I thought I'd try a more offensive team. It's caught quite a few teams by surprise, but there are things which still give me trouble.

Infernape (♂) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 68 Atk/252 Spd/188 SAtk
    Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Close Combat
    - Nasty Plot
    - Grass Knot
    - Flamethrower

Yeah it's Mixape. I need some wall-breaking power, and he's one of the best, if not the best.
    ---
    Raikou @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/6 SDef
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Ah, good old Calmkou. One of my favourite Advance standards, this guy still causes havoc, and a lot of teams appear unprepared for him. Pondering HP Ice here since I have Nasty Plot Grass Knot for Infernape, and Garchomp seems to be a common switch-in.
    ---
    Starmie @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    - Psychic
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

What, Psychic? Yeah. After seeing Gengar time and time again survive Surf only to Shadow Ball me to oblivion, I thought I'd fight fire with fire and use a STAB super-effective move. With 3 grass users I didn't need Grass Knot, and I already have a spinner. Catches other stuff by surprise too, as well as Starmie's who think just outspeeding Gengar is enough.
    ---
    Tangrowth (♂) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 240 HP/16 Atk/252 Def
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Knock Off
    - Power Whip
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leech Seed

Physical wall #1. Eats Earthquakes for Raikou and Infernape, and messes stuff up with Knock Off and Sleep Powder. 401 HP gives me all the Seismic Toss protection I need.
    ---
    Donphan (♂) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar

Physical wall #2. I need something to take Thunderbolts for my waters, and this does the role nicely, having both Rapid Spin and the priority move Ice Shard.
    ---
    Poliwrath (♂) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 28 HP/252 Atk/112 Def/116 Spd
    - Hypnosis
    - Bulk Up
    - Brick Break
    - Waterfall
    ---

Yes, it's a second water and second fighting type. BUT! and here's the big one, Water Absorb makes this guy viable, since Starmie isn't gonna be taking a lot of hits, and Suicune seems to be making a comeback. Bulky spread for some lasting power while I Bulk Up, and very few things resist Fighting + Water. Speed EV is there to sleep Metagross (usually run around 204 speed, I'm EVed up to 206). Good for shutting down Gyarados too.

Thought, suggestions, improvements welcome.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    After getting fed up with the way the shoddy metagame has geared towards a defensive game, I thought I'd try a more offensive team. It's caught quite a few teams by surprise, but there are things which still give me trouble.

Infernape (♂) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 188 Atk/252 Spd/68 SAtk
    - Close Combat
    - Nasty Plot
    - Grass Knot
    - Fire Blast

Yeah it's Mixape. I need some wall-breaking power, and he's one of the best, if not the best.
    With all of the SAtk EVs you beefed that thing with, I doubt it's going to need to run off of Nasty Plot.
    IMO, drug it up in Attack, and use Nasty Plot for further power-up.

---
    Raikou @ Leftovers
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Ah, good old Calmkou. One of my favourite Advance standards, this guy still causes havoc, and a lot of teams appear unprepared for him. Pondering HP Ice here since I have Nasty Plot Grass Knot for Infernape, and Garchomp seems to be a common switch-in.
    Yeah, HP Ice is an absolute yes.
    ---
    Starmie @ Life Orb
    - Grass Knot
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

What, Psychic? Yeah. After seeing Gengar time and time again survive Surf only to Shadow Ball me to oblivion, I thought I'd fight fire with fire and use a STAB super-effective move. With 3 grass users I didn't need Grass Knot, and I already have a spinner. Catches other stuff by surprise too, as well as Starmie's who think just outspeeding Gengar is enough.
    I realize Infernape runs off of Grass Knot, but Starmie will probably need it to ward off Swampert (and anything else with a 4x Grass Weak and Neutral Water Damage)
    ---
    - Knock Off
    - Power Whip
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leech Seed

Physical wall #1. Eats Earthquakes for Raikou and Infernape, and messes stuff up with Knock Off and Sleep Powder. 401 HP gives me all the Seismic Toss protection I need.
    Erm, okay.
    ---
    Donphan (♂) @ Leftovers
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar

Physical wall #2. I need something to take Thunderbolts for my waters, and this does the role nicely, having both Rapid Spin and the priority move Ice Shard.
    Dude, you do NOT need 2 Physical Walls.
    ---
    - Hypnosis
    - Bulk Up
    - Brick Break
    - Waterfall
    ---

Yes, it's a second water and second fighting type. BUT! and here's the big one, Water Absorb makes this guy viable, since Starmie isn't gonna be taking a lot of hits, and Suicune seems to be making a comeback. Bulky spread for some lasting power while I Bulk Up, and very few things resist Fighting + Water. Speed EV is there to sleep Metagross (usually run around 204 speed, I'm EVed up to 206). Good for shutting down Gyarados too.
    You'd probably want to beef the Speed up to 210 as an AgiliGross precaution (that's how much Speed I usually run on it)

Nothing in your team can absorb Sp. Attacks, so I wouldn't be surprised if a CSed PorygonZ stormed this team to death. You also lack Normal-Typed Damage resist.

I do understand that this is supposed to be an all-offensive-based team, but at least use one of each wall type, or heck, even a dual wall would work.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mix Apes Evs are 24 ATT / 232 SPEED / 252 SP.Att.

24 Att evs still wrecks Blissey and Snorlax <Insert Special wall here>, T-Tar silly if they are stupid enough to switch into you and eat Close Combat.

Max Speed is redundant because the next OU threat below you is Garchomp with 333 speed, who you outspeed regardless.

Max Sp.Att is needed, as Mixape is made primarily for Sp.Sweeping where Close Combat is for Blissey and Snorlax <Insert Special wall here>, T-Tar. as i mentioned previously. So that many att evs are unnecessary.

While Nasty Plot is a great option, i like running Hidden power Ice or Electric as Bulky Gyarados and Slamence are standard switch ins to this, however this is up to you.

Anti

return of the king
    Years

Infernape (♂) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 68 Atk/252 Spd/188 SAtk
    - Close Combat
    - Nasty Plot
    - Grass Knot
    - Flamethrower

I'll trust you on infernape since I suck with it :P

Raikou @ Leftovers
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Yeah, HP Ice would probably be better. Mock blotbeams as well. Also, I'd consider shadow ball over sub. I know it's not standard, but gengars who think they can switch in are way annoying. But then again, I used that technique in ADV, I can't promise you it would work in this gen. I'd probably keep sub, but just some things to consider.

Starmie @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
    - Psychic
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

---
    - Knock Off
    - Power Whip
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leech Seed

K

Donphan (♂) @ Leftovers
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar

Okay, but maybe a tad bit more Atk EVs since it's your only EQ user and generally needs attack power to operate at higher power, though your spread is fine. Again, just things to consider ;)

- Hypnosis
    - Bulk Up
    - Brick Break
    - Waterfall
    ---

Looks like it would work...

It looks prettyu good overall. Looking at it now, a special wall version of Kou might be a good idea since starmie makes quick work of most of your pokemon, but that's more optional...

Back