• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo, Legendary or No

Should Mewtwo be considered a Legendary Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
    I've noticed that for some strange reason Mewtwo is considered a legendary pokemon, but I have to disagree.

The term legendary suggests that there are legends or myths about the said Pokemon, such as Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, however Mewtwo, being manmade, cannot claim this.

If anyone has a counterpoint, or agrees with me, please post.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    because the people who created poke'mon stated that Mewtwo shall be a poke'mon,therefore it shall be done.....

now...back down to earth..:laugh:....no,and yes....since a couple of people have seen it,and I hear that there was a another mewtwo movie"Mewtwo Returns",......I can say that since few people have heard of him,and consider him the strongest of all poke'mon(besides mew of course)he is Ledgendary....does that answer you question and stuff?..

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

"Legendary" is just a term applied to Pokemon with exceptionally high stats and only one in the game. And technically, since Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, a Pokemon with a lot of myths going around, then Mewtwo would be a legendary too. Saying Mewtwo isn't legendary is like saying 9/11 isn't historical. It's simply new and as time goes on in the Pokemon world, Mewtow's own stories and myths will arise.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2007
    Im going to have to agree with DragonQueenRachel on this one for now. Legendary pokemon are well known and have stories told about them. They are also exceptionally strong and rare. Not to many people, in the pokemon world, know about mewtwo, hence no stories can be told about it. No myths or legends can be passed down. I also find that legendary pokemon have a sense of divinity. They are almost god like. Mewtwo being manmade, although cloned from mew, does not retain this sense.

Trequilla

Dragon tamer
    Years
    I'd have to agree with saying he is... He's one of the most powerful pokemon like any other legendary... And he doesn't show up much in games like the rest of the legendary.

buster_wolf

MUSCLE INFERNO
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Mewtwo is an uber pokemon, but not a legendary since it's a man-made pokemon. Basically, it has no myths behind it, although its parent Mew is quite a legend itself.

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
    im not really sure,
    mewtwo is rare and powerful,but has no myths or legends about itself to give it the legendary quality.
    i say it isnt for the most part

it is an uber,but not a legendary.

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    Mewtwo was manmade, but he was injected with the dna OF a legendary, Mew of coarse. So if Legendarys didn't exsist, there would be no MewTwo.

So im gonna have to say hes a sub-legendary.

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    Rachel, I mean sub-legendary as a legendary that isin't main to most things. Such as stories etc. Groundon, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, and the three legendary dogs have been getting more spotlight on them then Mewtwo.

Regi Ice Regi Rock Regi steel Lat@s and mewtwo aren't that populer. Except for stradagests. Mewtwo is one of the best stradageys.

mew2_v1

The Unknown
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    in anime series, Mewtwo never showed up in the series except Movies, he is powerful to all trainers like in the First Movie.

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    I've agreed he is a legendary pokemon. However, since he is a cloned mew improved by Giovanni but then fled away.

In Netbattle for example, he is one of the many banned pokemon in different games.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I think Mewtwo is creating his own legend in the modern day. Think about it. A pokemon that is unique, being the only clone created. One that has escaped capture from Giovanni not once, but twice, and has great power, along with its psychic attacks and ability to erase memories and cloak others from detection.

Because it is so elusive, and obviously not everyone will have seen him, people will disagree that he exists, and think the idea of one is fake in order to make Giovanni's name bad or some other reason. With this doubt that creeps in, especially over time (decades), the legend of Mewtwo carries on well into the future.

Legends are not simply created, they evolve over time.

Metaforte

Hey, Im still alive.
    Years
    aragornbird said:

"Legendary" is just a term applied to Pokemon with exceptionally high stats and only one in the game. And technically, since Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, a Pokemon with a lot of myths going around, then Mewtwo would be a legendary too.

I agree. Legendary refers to stats in my opinion, and since Mewtwo stats are godly, then it would be considered legendary.

Years
    Being a legendary pokemon has nothing to do with stats. Just because all legendary pokemon have good stats doesn't mean that all pokemon with good stats are legendary.

(Pretend the pokemon world is real as you read this, or it doesn't make much sence)"Legendary" means they are pokemon of legend, that no one is truly sure that they exist, and there is no real evidence that they do exist. Mewtwo doesn't have a legend behind it, because it was created by humans, so none existed before that one was created. That means that it does exist for sure, and there is evidence that it does exist.
    Also, being cloned from a legendary does not make it a legendary, it makes it a clone

Back