• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Lost Features You Want to Return?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Besides the mechanics that won't be coming back, obviously... what features from older games do you hope return?

I hope fishing the way it used to be before generation VII changed it makes a comeback, and the option always be able to run. That one-time option in HG/SS to be able to always run really spoiled me rotten, bring it back.

Years
    • Seen today
    I loved Pokestar Studios, and I hope to see it return.

In GSC, you had the option to say no to seeing the Pokemon catching tutorial. I also want that to return.

Years
  • A Pokéathlon-type of area, where I can play minigames to earn useful items. Espeeeecially evolution stones like in HGSS. They were a lot of fun and made stone hunting really entertaining for me.

Also day of week-specific events; think Bug Catching Contest in GSC/HGSS. I enjoyed getting rare Pokémon from that event, and gives me motivation to play continuously and wait for the appropriate day of the week. Maybe certain Pokémon can only be available from the event, and you'd get items from winning that you wouldn't be able to get otherwise?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Pokemon Super Training.
    Pokemon following the trainer.
    Always run option.

Last edited:
    Years
  • pokeathlon would be perfect for these games, imo

also pokemon following trainers would be cool but ive resigned myself to the fact that, aside from very niche situations (like in LGPE), it'll be unlikely to return. ._.

Years
  • i agree with the above poster if they mean The Underground from Sinnoh. mining for items was super fun and felt like an adventure, and doing something similar with friends from all over would be realy cool!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • All Pokémon being in the game ha gattim

Though, if I wanna sound original, I want the PSS back.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes to the Underground! And I do miss having the toggle for running or not from HGSS. Follow-me was also great - an upside to LGPE which is already gone it seems. Wah.

Not mentioned yet - IDK if it was in the gen 7 games, but being able to send a gift Pokemon to the PC when you have a full party was great...

Back