• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen legit

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    i have been seeing people saying stuff like is the mew legit. in other words what does legit mean? I dont know much about diamond and pearl since my parents dont let me buy it untill i finish the school year which sucks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    ok which one of these would be legit because my friend can do any of these with action replay on fire red which is legit?
    1. to catch a shiny deoxys on island
    2. to catch a shiny deoxys in grass

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
    Uhh I don't think you get the point if you use a cheating device to get the pokemon then its not legit.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    If he caught it on the island where you actually see Deoxys before you fight it, it's as legit as it gets. If you used an encounter hack and found one randomly in the grass, it's hacked, cheated, illegit, and unusable in any real battle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    ok thanks ichida you explained it much better.
    also is legit pokemon stronger than a nonlegit pokemon?

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
    Years
    no, just some people want legit pokemon because of, some reasons idk because i dont really care about legit and nonlegit. actually sometimes, if the person uses major hacks instead of just encounter hack, then the nonlegit pokemon could be stronger because of stat altering or giving it moves it otherwise wouldnt have

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
    What I don't get about legit pokemon is this:

In the wireless trade corner, people trade starter eggs and such, in the rules it says "no hacked pokemon". So, how do people get chikorita eggs and such like when they have not featured in any of the gba games? surely they would be illegit?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    What I don't get about legit pokemon is this:

In the wireless trade corner, people trade starter eggs and such, in the rules it says "no hacked pokemon". So, how do people get chikorita eggs and such like when they have not featured in any of the gba games? surely they would be illegit?

You're mistaken there. Pretty much any pokemon can have an egg form as a result of breeding even if it is a starter Pokemon. E.g. If I breed say a Charizard with a Ditto, I'll get a Charmander egg. It's happened on every game since breeding was introduced.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    You're right, Chikorita wasn't featured in any of the GBA games, but it was avaliable through both GameCube games [I THINK it was in XD too...]
    Or at least, Bayleef was. So don't be afraid to trade for a Johto starter, chances are, it's perfectly legit. :]

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    You're right, Chikorita wasn't featured in any of the GBA games, but it was avaliable through both GameCube games [I THINK it was in XD too...]
    Or at least, Bayleef was. So don't be afraid to trade for a Johto starter, chances are, it's perfectly legit. :]

Actually Chikorita was featured in Emerald. Once you finished the Hoenn dex, you'd get a choice of one of the Johto starters to have from Prof. Birch meaning you can get it via a legit method.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Actually Chikorita was featured in R/S/E. Once you finished the Hoenn dex, you'd get a choice of one of the Johto starters to have from Prof. Birch meaning you can get it via a legit method.

Actually, I think, that it is only in Emerald. I've searched and people only say Emerarld.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Actually, I think, that it is only in Emerald. I've searched and people only say Emerarld.

Is it only Emerald? I thought it was all three... but then again I only play Emerald so I may be wrong.

Okay, it is only Emerald. I've done a bit of searching myself. *edited post above*

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
    Oh right, ok that clears up my doubts. But, how do people get loads of Plakias to trade? When people say they are trading rare legendaries, they usually have like three Palkias/Dialgas/Whatevers to give away?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Those are most likely illegit and you should report on any similar occasion if you see this on PC. We don't allow illegit Pokémon to be up for trades.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Oh right, ok that clears up my doubts. But, how do people get loads of Plakias to trade? When people say they are trading rare legendaries, they usually have like three Palkias/Dialgas/Whatevers to give away?

Either they are illegit, or the more likely answer is that they simply obtained more than one through other methods, such as the divinely-useful GTS.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Legit is short for Legitimate, which as stated above means legally obtained without hacking... I think you can't put up illegal Pokemon on the GTS anymore, or trade them.

The thing I love about Diamond and Pearl is you can trade eggs and stuff from other people and have Pokemon you're not even supposed to be able to obtain, I had a Cyndaquil for my party and used it to help beat the Elite four XD.

Back