• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Latest sigs

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
Years
  • Here's the latest sigs I've done, excluding the pokevector ones...I've been away from Photoshop a lot lately, haven't had any real inspiration and classes and social life take up a lot more time now.

Latest sigs

Latest sigs

Latest sigs

Latest sigs

Latest sigs

Latest sigs

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    premonition.png looks ok…
    I'd like to see something without a c4 though.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • they are pretty good, don't like the 4th one as I can't see anything much in it

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Show them?, I can only see 1 maybe 2 ( the set sotw render one ).

The only ones with C4Ds are the last two.

The first one is smudging.

The second one is the pen tool + some filters like motion blur, and small round brushes for the dots around some of the lines.

Third one is photomanip background and lightning effects with the pen tool and some filters.

The 4th one is pen and line tool plus warping. And a blue brush set to some mode for that bit of color.

The last two are predominantly C4D.

Furthermore, what does it matter if they're C4D or not? I make all my C4D renders if that's a concern...

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    It's just that in the graphics industry people don't use c4d.
    That's why I'm biased towards em.
    Really like the forth then. xD

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • It's just that in the graphics industry people don't use c4d.
    That's why I'm biased towards em.
    Really like the forth then. xD

Since when do people not use Cinema4D in the graphics industry? That's a ludicrous statement. I've been into graphics for around 6 years, I happen to know that Cinema4D is used professionally in graphics probably just as much as Photoshop is.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    The graphics companies I've seen didn't exactly know what c4d was.
    And you sure it's c4d and not 3dsm?
    I know that 3d programs are used but more in the animation part of design. As in like when a car turns into garbage or w/e. I don't mean like pixar and that stuff… I mean like billboard ads.
    You aren't exactly animating these though. :/

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • The graphics companies I've seen didn't exactly know what c4d was.
    And you sure it's c4d and not 3dsm?
    I know that 3d programs are used but more in the animation part of design. As in like when a car turns into garbage or w/e. I don't mean like pixar and that stuff… I mean like billboard ads.
    You aren't exactly animating these though. :/

There's more to professional graphics than ads. Professional graphics is simply the process of making income through graphics. And Cinema4D isn't quite as popular as 3D Studio Max, which can do a bit more, but it's still a highly respectable 3D animation program. In sig making, it's come to be used pretty much exclusively for abstract effect renders. I usually don't even use my effect renders anymore.

Here's a picture as an example of it being used more professionally.

https://www.maxon.net/pages/images/products/cinema4d/screenr11_e.jpg

That all said, I still don't really even see the issue with using it. It's not like it's a shortcut to making more awesome pieces or something. It takes just as much skill, if not more, to make the effect renders in Cinema4D, and use them effectively, as it does to just use Photoshop. Now yes, some people take other people's renders (albeit they're resources, free-to-use) and they just make a sig with those and claim awesomeness. But that's not what my sigs are about.

BTW I am only discussing, I don't want to seem argumentative here.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I know it's more than ads… but identity is a large part of what a graphic designer does.
    That's the kind of stuff I meant… but the abstract stuff… eh.
    I don't think they are a short cut either, I just don't like the way people rush to them for what they think will make their image look great. Huzzah for stereotyping. xD
    I wouldn't say I was being argumentative, or you for that matter. xD
    Made anything new over these couple days? =D

iMusion

The King
    Years
  • Hey. I decided to join after seeing your topic as I was thinking about becoming a graphic designer. I have been using ps since april so that's half a year now.

I have to say though your sigs are very nice. I especially like the darkrai/w/e that poke is
    (I haven't picked up the game since June so I've started to become forgetful/lose my pro skills). The effects and colors are very nice.

As for the Blaziken I see it as being better without the text.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • YOOM-TAH, I really love your signatures. "Restoration" is my favorite one. It's simple, yet really beautiful. I really like the Darkrai/Cres one, especially since it fits the SOTW theme so well.

But yes, I agree with iMusion, there's something off about the Blaziken text.

Keep up the good work! :]

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Not really, only if I do a tutorial and I don't care about the sig much. But usually even then I don't, just because I don't organize my sigs very well at all. So it'd be pretty hard to learn from them. XD

And yeah, I agree with you guys about the text. Meh, if I cared about the sig I'd take it off. >_>

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Holy crap YOOM-TAH, the premonition tag is amazing. D: Sure you don't want to do a tutorial on it? ;D

Back