• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

jackbox games

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    jackbox games
    Welcome, welcome to the Get Together's Official Jackbox Event! Starting at 3 PM EST daily, I will ping those who want to join and once a fair number of people show up, I will stream a Jackbox game via discord! In events when I'm not streaming, Corviknight will host some rounds in my place (starting 7 PM GMT +1 on a weekday, 1 PM GMT +1 on a weekend).

But, what is Jackbox you may ask?
    Jackbox is a party game with a huge variety of games you can play without using a controller nor buying the game! Simply go to jackbox.tv using your computer, smart phone, or tablet, type in the room code shown on the screen, and give yourself a name no longer than 12 characters (ideal if you use your own name and to keep it appropriate). While there will be voice chat, you do not need to talk to participate and have fun!

The rules are basically follow all PokeCommunity rules and no collaborating with your team during this event.

How will the points be awarded?
    If you manage to win a game, your team will be awarded 50 points! It will be added up after hosting is finished.

Have fun!

Last edited:
    Years
    Are you able to make this a daily thing? o: Jackbox is very fun!

I know there are a couple of others here with it and maybe you could reach out if anybody else wants to co-host during times in which you aren't able to~

faf

Years
    Are you able to make this a daily thing? o: Jackbox is very fun!

I know there are a couple of others here with it and maybe you could reach out if anybody else wants to co-host during times in which you aren't able to~
    If I were to make it daily, I would definitely need an extra hand or two. I feel I would get burnt out easily from excessive hosting plus it would be a nice bonus if I found a person in a completely different timezone than me. I can ask in the Discord though or the Get Together thread.

Haven't decided on points but I was thinking 5 or 10 points for winning a game, bonus points if I found something funny or creative and 5 points for participation.

Years
    I'd say do 50pts for winning a game and none for participation just so it fits with the way we're doing everything else. I think it's probably fine if it's not daily since it will help you avoid overlapping with stuff like Pictionary.

faf

Years
    I'd say do 50pts for winning a game and none for participation just so it fits with the way we're doing everything else. I think it's probably fine if it's not daily since it will help you avoid overlapping with stuff like Pictionary.
    Okay, I'm fine with 50 Pts for winning and I was thinking of adding bonus points but there's already enough points on the line so I'm fine with dropping it. I do have someone else to help me out with this event (doesn't have 1 and 2) so I can do this daily but if people are feeling burnt out I can always reduce the amount of times of hosting like the one I've proposed.

I'll write up this thread soon and after I can add the CSS!

faf

Years
    Okay, I was going to add some art but I don't think it really needs it so it should be ready for approval.

Years

Sup hello hi, hopefully CSS looking good soon!

Just wanted to check how specifically you wanted to set this up, as I played a variety of games with users a few days ago and there's obviously some that are hit and miss. How are you planning on doing your rounds? I'll have all 6 packs by the time the event starts; did we want to pick what games should/shouldn't be included and whether we're going to do a fixed amount of each one?

faf

Years
    Sup hello hi, hopefully CSS looking good soon!

Just wanted to check how specifically you wanted to set this up, as I played a variety of games with users a few days ago and there's obviously some that are hit and miss. How are you planning on doing your rounds? I'll have all 6 packs by the time the event starts; did we want to pick what games should/shouldn't be included and whether we're going to do a fixed amount of each one?
    Hi!
    I was thinking of alternating days (i.e. I start on Monday, you start on Tuesday, etc.) for hosting if it works for you. As for games, I'd say we can have more emphasis on 3 as I feel that's the strongest Jackbox pack, but I do like 4, 5, and 6 too. Games to avoid are Zeppledome for sure, Earwax (I personally don't find it fun), Bomb Corp (just because some people wouldn't use mics), and Push The Button (same reason). Maybe a schedule like this that can go for 3 hours a day (we can play by ear for choosing Party Packs):
    July 24: I'll host
    July 25: You'll host
    July 26: I'll host
    July 27: You'll host
    July 28: I'll host
    July 29: You'll host
    July 30: I'll host
    July 31: You'll host
    Aug 1: I'll host
    Aug 2: I'll host
    Aug 3: You'll host
    Aug 4: You'll host