• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Heatran Uber?

daveshan

Glory to Groudon
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    A thousand pardons if this question has been answered. But I'd like to know before I start training it and then have people scream, "ZOMGXORZ, tiz U133R u n0013 !!!1!!!1"

It has exactly 600 total base stats and has a 10 resistances and two immunities. It has good defenses, a great sp. attack, and magma storm that capitalizes off of it.

However, it's speed sucks and its movepool isn't that great. Sure, it has a lot of fire attacks, but not much else in terms of special sweeping; just dark pulse, earth power, dragon pulse, and flash cannon (I'm not counting ancient power nor solarbeam for obvious reasons). It does have will-o-wisp and most ground attacks are still physical sweepers packing EQ, but I don't think it's fast enough to get the burn in before the foe attacks with the EQ. To top it off, it has no recovery move and it has a gender.

So, what do you guys think? It's not a great tank without a recovery move and it's not a great sweeper because it lacks the speed. But, it's got high stats and a lot of resistances.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No, Heatran is NOT uber. It has poor Speed, a 4x weakness to Ground (one of the most common attacking types in the game) and also a Water and Fighting weakness (two other common types).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Anything above 600 total in stats is considered uber, besides Slaking.

x4 ground weakness threw it off track and an average defenses threw it back. OK, they're a little above average but still isn't that great.

It is NOT an uber.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    As much fun as laughing at people's reactions to it pwning Blissey is, nope. Better speed might have done it, but it's not uber now. You're pretty much forced to run Choice Scarf to get ahead of all the EQers.

Back