• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Invent a type

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2005
    Probably has been done to death already, but if you could make up your own type, what would it be? What would the weaknesses be? If you could MODIFY someone else's idea that would be cool, too. You don't have to be original as the idea for some types have come up already.

Well, here's an idea...

Plastic
    Type: Physical
    Weaknesses: Fire, Steel, Rock
    Resistances: Water, Ice, Grass, Poison, Bug
    Immunities: Electricity
    Not effective against: Steel, Rock, Fire
    Super effective against: Electricity

Here's my version of the Light type

Light
    Type: Special
    Weaknesses: Grass
    Resistances: Fire, Electric, Ice, Ghost, Dark
    Immunities: None
    Not very effective against: Grass, Fire, Electric, Bug
    Super effective against: Dark

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
    Years
    Soul

Type: Strong
    Weakness: Flying Type Pokemon
    Resistances: Ghost, Dark
    Not effective against: None
    Super Effective against: Water, Fire, Rock, Steel, Electric, Bug

That sounded too powerful. :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2005
    Too-Angel said:
    Soul

Type: Strong
    Weakness: Flying Type Pokemon
    Resistances: Ghost, Dark
    Not effective against: None
    Super Effective against: Water, Fire, Rock, Steel, Electric, Bug

That sounded too powerful. :P

Cool idea.

I'm a little confused on your weaknesses and strengths. Could you explain them to me? Is Soul a Special or Attack based type?

Sounds cool, though.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    i actually amde a thread about this a few months ago, about inventing new types for the new generation of Pokemon games.

Light was 50/50 choice, a lot of people thought it was necessary to balance out dark, but others thought it would become too spiritual, like the Soul type invented by Too-Angel.

another popular type was Sonic, attacks and pokemon using sonic-realted attacks, like voice, hearing, and sight attacks

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I saw a thread like this on another site. You should add a section for attacks that would fit the type, new or old. I'll give an example.

Non-Elemental

Weaknesses: None
    Resistances: None
    Immunities: All Status Effects
    Not Effective Against: None
    Super Effective Against: None

Type Attacks: Hyper Beam, Metronome, Giga Beam, Terra Beam, Neutron Blast, Meteor Storm, Celestial Blade, Cosmo-Shift... that's all I got for now. I'll think of more attacks for it later.

Non-Elemental is an extremely rare Type in Zanta that very few Pokemon species actually fit under. Its power and rarity have actually caused Pokemon of this Type to often be banned from Leagues and Gyms in certain Regions. Its greatest asset is the fact that no known Pokemon is strong against its Attacks. However, its weakness also fits into this, never doing more than base damage to any Pokemon. Some Pokemon have been known to learn Non-Elemental Attacks without actually fitting under the category.

*For all you Pokemon Game Designers, this would be the perfect Type for a Boss Creature.*

winnie

Long Live Guitars
    Years
    Type: whispered

Weaknesses: flying types
    Resistances: grass, water, ghost, dark
    Immunities: water, psychic
    Not Effective Against: Electric
    Super Effective Against: fire, bug, steel, rock, ground

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    your layout is neat, winnie, so i'll try mine out

Type: Sonic

Weaknesses: poison, grass, steel
    Resistances: fire, ice, ground, ghost
    Immunities: electric
    Not Effective Against: Dark, Bug
    Super Effective Against: ice, ground, rock, ghost

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
    Years
    Miracle Fingers said:
    Cool idea.

I'm a little confused on your weaknesses and strengths. Could you explain them to me? Is Soul a Special or Attack based type?

Sounds cool, though.

Well since Fly Type of pokemon can easily attack ghosts type of pokemon easily by using fly. It will only be effective if a fly type pokemon will use fly. Since ghost type pokemon cant be hit with anything, I decided to make another version of ghost type which is Soul which would make it more powerful and can easily beat almost all types of pokemon. Since Ghost already is weak against Psychic and Dark, Soul is the second version of Ghost, so its more superior, when it hits more power points will be taken off the opponent. It wont be weakened easily by any of their attacks but if Soul attacks on Psychic and Dark, it wont be super effective either, it would just take power points off the opponent normally. Soul is pretty much a Attack Based Type.

Star6

PC'S Local Sci-Fi Geek
    Years
    Star Type

Weakness: Psychic,Flying
    Resistances: Fire,Dark
    Not effective against: Flying
    Super Effective against: Steel, Ground, Fighting,Fire, Dark

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    Chemical
    Resistances: Poison, Bug, Chemical
    Not very effective against: Grass, Chemical
    Super effective against: Poison, Bug

Description: Chemical-type attacks involve stuff with acid or checmicals. Such attacks are Acid (type changed), Acid Armor (type changed), Acid Bomb, Beaker Smash, and Chemical Spill. Thay are super effective against Poison and Bug Pok?mon but weak against Grass and Chemical Pok?mon. Also, Grass attacks are super effective against Chemical Pok?mon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2005
    Too-Angel said:
    Well since Fly Type of pokemon can easily attack ghosts type of pokemon easily by using fly. It will only be effective if a fly type pokemon will use fly. Since ghost type pokemon cant be hit with anything, I decided to make another version of ghost type which is Soul which would make it more powerful and can easily beat almost all types of pokemon. Since Ghost already is weak against Psychic and Dark, Soul is the second version of Ghost, so its more superior, when it hits more power points will be taken off the opponent. It wont be weakened easily by any of their attacks but if Soul attacks on Psychic and Dark, it wont be super effective either, it would just take power points off the opponent normally. Soul is pretty much a Attack Based Type.

Ghost type Pokemon are only immune to Normal and Fighting. Flying DOES affect ghosts. Every other physical attack EXCEPT Normal and Fighting hits them, but Flying does damage. That, and Ghost is NOT weak to Psychic.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2005
    Plastic
    Type: Physical
    Weaknesses: Fire, Steel, Rock
    Resistances: Water, Ice, Grass, Poison, Bug
    Immunities: Electricity
    Not effective against: Steel, Rock, Fire
    Super effective against: Electricity

OK. Plastic Pokemon are made of Plastic or similar things. They can be balloons or other materials that are similar. The type is ATTACK based.

Plastic attacks:

Plastic Wrap: Traps the foe for 2-5 turns
    Stretch: Raises ATTACK but lowers DEFENSE
    Protect: Evades attack that turn. It may fail.
    Snap Back: ATK: 95 and 20% chance of lowering DEFENSE
    Close Lid: Prevents switching or running away.

Light
    Resistances: Ice, Ghost, Dark, Fire, Electric
    Not very effective against: Grass, Bug, Psychic, Fire, Electric
    Super effective against: Dark, Ghost
    Doesn't affect: None

The Light type Pokemon attack by using Light. It is SPECIAL ATTACK based. The side effect of Light Attacks is reduced accuracy. Put simply, Light Attacks blind the opponent.

Light attacks:

Flash: Lowers accuracy 1 level
    Laser Beam: ATK: 150 and 20% Chance of lowering accuracy 1 level
    Bright Sky: Lowers Accuracy 1 level and reduces the power of Dark attacks by 50%. Same effects on time-of-day dependant Healing moves as Flood Light.
    Heavenly Glow: Recovers HP. HP recovered is affected by time of day. Always heals more in the daytime.
    Flicker: ATK: Attacks 2-5 times and lowers accuracy 1 level. The Light equivalent of Fury Attack in terms of damage.
    Light Burst: ATK: 100 and always lowers accuracy 1 level
    Halogen: Reduces accuracy by 2 levels
    Flood Light: If a Pokemon uses this, Morning Sun, Moonlight, Synthesis, and other time-of-day dependant helaing moves heal their regular amount of HP. Any other effects of Rain Dance stay in effect.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Mirror (Special)

Offensive Advantage: Electric, Psychic
    Defensive Advantage: Electric, Psychic, Mirror

Offensive Disadvantage: Rock, Steel, Mirror
    Defense Disadvantage: Fire, Ice, Rock, Steel, Fighting
    Types Immune to Mirror-type Attacks: Ice

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    An interesting type, Neko, but a thought: woudlnt Mirror be immune to mirror? the attacks would keep reflecting back at each other? just a though is all.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Murpheos said:
    An interesting type, Neko, but a thought: woudlnt Mirror be immune to mirror? the attacks would keep reflecting back at each other? just a though is all.
    Hmm... never thought of it like that.

Sephiroth-Kun

Sephiroth Rules The Planet!
    Years
    hey ive made my own pokemon biography ok here goes hope it isnt too powerful

Omega Nidoking (is my avator)

type: omega

Lvl: 150

Hp: 1000

Horn drill PP: 10
    Earthquake PP: 60
    Omega beam PP: 2
    Destruction PP: 10

Horn drill: 1 hit k.o.

Earthquake: very powerful land atk

Omega beam: the last move any omega learns it will kill any pokemon in one hit and cannot be evaded

Destruction: takes away half of a pokemons hp cannot be evaded

Pokedex entry: this is one of some legendary pokemon known as *omega* pokemon they are almost impossible to get and if anybody has one that person is almost invincible

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2005
    shiny pokemon are great said:
    hey ive made my own pokemon biography ok here goes hope it isnt too powerful

Omega Nidoking (is my avator)

type: omega

Lvl: 150

Hp: 1000

Horn drill PP: 10
    Earthquake PP: 60
    Omega beam PP: 2
    Destruction PP: 10

Horn drill: 1 hit k.o.

Earthquake: very powerful land atk

Omega beam: the last move any omega learns it will kill any pokemon in one hit and cannot be evaded

Destruction: takes away half of a pokemons hp cannot be evaded

Pokedex entry: this is one of some legendary pokemon known as *omega* pokemon they are almost impossible to get and if anybody has one that person is almost invincible

Since you made Omega, I have come up with Alpha. It's not a type, but rather one Pokemon. (Haven't come up with a name yet).

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    errr... how about

Crystal
    Type: Special in Offense, Physical in Defense (something new hehe)
    Weaknesses: Steel, Rock, Electric
    Resistances: Fire (ask the chemistry teacher), Ice, Flying, Normal
    Immunities: Poison
    Not effective against: Crystal, Water, Electric, Grass
    Super effective against: Fire, Ice, Rock, Ghost

*When Sunny Day or Hail is in effect, Crystal type attack power is doubled
    Attacks:
    - Diamond Shower: works like Hail, but increases crystal type defense and sp. defense
    - Prism Blade: 100 Attack Power, 90 Accuracy, 10 PP, 10% Raising Sp. Attack and Defense
    - Ion Charge: Boosts Sp. Attack to its maximum power, but decreases a random stat (except Sp. Attack, Accuracy, and Evasion) by a half
    - Ruby Wall: increases resistance to fire attacks by 5 turns
    - Sapphire Wall: increases resistance to water attacks by 5 turns
    - Emerald Wall: increases resistance to grass attacks by 5 turns
    *Note that two "walls" can't be used at the same time
    - Distortion: finishing move that faints the user, 250 Attack Power, 100 Accuracy, 2 PP, Leaves a layer of broken crystals to the opponent that acts like a three-layer spikes

Last edited:
    Back