• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How'd we do? - Feedback and Comments

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Also, 2 questions:

1. I loved the emblematic images used for the Medals; does anyone know their source? (such as from an official Pokemon game or website?)

2. Do these "PokeCommunity Get-Together" subforums' threads usually get archived in some form?

1. They are from BW2 games! The silver one is modified, but the other two are from the game (apparently). Here's where I got them from.

2. The GT forums are archived, but I don't know whether members can access them afterwards. :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    The medal images used all come from the medals used in the Medal Rally in Black2/White2.

Idk about your 2nd question though, but someone else would know.

1. They are from BW2 games! The silver one is modified, but the other two are from the game (apparently). Here's where I got them from.

2. The GT forums are archived, but I don't know whether members can access them afterwards. :)

Thanks for the responses! Ooh, more designs! ^_^ It's weird that the game doesn't actually have a Silver set of Medals; why did they bother using Bronze then? {XD} And no Platinum coloration? ~_~ (excluding whatever weird gray/silver/teal(?) hue that the Hint Medal is XD) It kind of bugs me that the gold "Top Medalist" medal lacks a proper Poke Ball and has somewhat-inconsistent wings in the design, but at least that's not PokeCommunity's fault. XD

It's good to hear that the PokeCommunity Get-Together subforums get archived; it gets a tad annoying whenever a temporary forum's posts just get lost in the ether due to inaccessibility (like I've seen on other forums). -.- Well, here's hoping that the Get-Together posts are regularly accessible (I don't even mind if all of the threads are auto-locked or something at some point due to the event time range passing by, I'd just like my own posts (and other users' public posts there) to be track-downable for later reference, like most of the other normal posts on here {XD}). (/weirdpostarchivaltangent)

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    This. I hated the Olympics format to be honest, as it showed being too competitive can lead to huge rivalry and too much favouritism for certain teams causing others to literally struggle or not have a chance at all.

it wasn't the olympics format itself
    i think you're reading into it too much tbh but i think your complaint should lie with the teams within the olympics themselves and not the format
    naturally people were going to side with their favourite regions so unbalance is always going to be a factor
    it's not like the real olympics where every single member is handpicked to be there and is trained to kick ass

as for too much competitiveness/rivalries/favoritism... well, i didn't see much of what you're talking about but assuming that i'm just oblivious to these factors i still don't see the problem
    it's a competition
    however it rolls you just have to roll with it

It didn't help that our team had way less active and skilled people compared to everyone else, and that played a huge part in us doing absolutely terrible in most of the events, and we were at such a huge disadvantage that we couldn't compete well with the others, particularly Hoenn who pretty much slayed over half the events.

again, that's just a matter of bad fortune rather than something inherently wrong with the competition itself

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    A huge thank you to the guys and girls that put on this event. I came back to PC the week before this all went down and I made some really cool memories =]. I do wish the event went on at least another week, there was just so much to do and I wanted to make sure that I could participate in as much as possible. Other than that, it went really well!

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
    Years
    Perhaps I'll be the one to say this, but it was awkward having the theme as the Olympics when it's not even an Olympic year. If it were last year during the Sochi Olympics or next year during the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, it'd make a bit more sense. Perhaps if there is to be another themed GT, perhaps making it relevant to events in the year would be a bit better.

I do get the intentions behind doing it though, it's just so oddly timed.

To be honest, I don't know if anyone has been paying any attention to the News/Media, but, there is the Pan Am/Para-Pam games that are going on at the moment. So, I wouldn't really say that it's oddly timed. Now I know they aren't the Olympics, but they are in a way relevant.

What are the Pan Am Games?

HOST CITY

Canada is winning atm!! :D

Anyway as the general consensus portrays, the GT really should have been longer, but keeping the case-by-case basis idea in mind. 2nd Consensus, if there are going to be teams involved in the future, then there should be separate team chats for members to have discussions with other members of the same team. It will promote (hopefully) positive relations and boost morale.

Back