• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you want Pokémon to carry on?

Pokemon Games after 4th Gen?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Eventually end in one giant 3D MMORPG as large as World of Warcraft would be the ultimate goal.

That would be the ideal end

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Choice:Carry on, New Pokemon, moves etc.

They shouldn't end Pokemon just yet, maybe to the 7th or 8 gen then they should stop making new Pokemon and just make spinoffs and remakes.

Years
    7th or 8th gen?

Maybe 5th, but in the 8th generation, there will be almost 1000 pokemon. (there's 493 in the 4th gen, double that and you get 986.) Now, what do you think pokemon will look like when they run out of ideas?

About GSC remake: I think there will be one for the DS. Every handheld console so far has had 2 regions. Game boy Color had Kanto and Johto, Game boy advance had Kanto and Hoenn, and DS has had Sinnoh and _________. The _______ will be something, and GSC is all that's left to remake.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    About GSC remake: I think there will be one for the DS. Every handheld console so far has had 2 regions. Game boy Color had Kanto and Johto, Game boy advance had Kanto and Hoenn, and DS has had Sinnoh and _________. The _______ will be something, and GSC is all that's left to remake.

That's not quite true. They introduced the Fiore Region in Pokémon Ranger for the DS.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Add a G/S/C remake to the collection of games and introduce more new pokemon and moves! And i would love it if they made pokemon games for more consoles and made it 3-D that would be great. It would also be good if there was a pokemon game which had no end XD!

~Celebi

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Add a G/S/C remake to the collection of games and introduce more new pokemon and moves! And i would love it if they made pokemon games for more consoles and made it 3-D that would be great. It would also be good if there was a pokemon game which had no end XD!

~Celebi

Well, no Pokémon game truly has an end... There's always new battle strategies to try out, new Super Contest strategies you could experiment with, and there's always growing Berries, too.

Also, I hear there are some apps for the Pokétch that aren't even in the game, but are released at Nintendo events.

As for a GSC remake... Well, not so much a remake as a new adventure in Johto would be nice. The only purpose Johto has left to serve is National Bug-Catching Contests and the Apricorn Balls that Kurt can make. They didn't make replacements for all of them (Level Ball to Nest Ball and Luxury Ball to Friend Ball), you see.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Well, no Pokémon game truly has an end... There's always new battle strategies to try out, new Super Contest strategies you could experiment with, and there's always growing Berries, too.
    I disagree. Growing berries is an infinite exercise, you can do that as long as time lasts you. So you will never complete/end the game in that case! Games do have endings. The end of fun. Like a storybook always has an end but you can re-read the same chapter again if you want to. That's what growing berries is to me.

Waker, you inspired >this thread<.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I'd definentaly say stick with the Pokemon they have now. I'm not one for change and I didn't like it when Misty left and all these new Pokemon came out. I still don't really watch the new episodes or movies...I just stick to the old ones...so...it really wouldn't matter one way or another. :)

Back