• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Horror/Supernatural episodes

Years
  • With Halloween almost here, I was wondering if there were any Pokémon episodes you remembered or enjoyed from the TV series or Spin-Offs that had a bit of something paranormal, mysterious or dark in it?

The ones dealing with Sabrina in the Indigo League have always been some of my favorites. I noticed that little trilogy of episodes as something intense and different from the others immediately, and was hooked for every moment. Sabrina seemed close to a sociopath in the anime, and the punishment she inflicts on her defeated opponents in the episode Abra and the Psychic Showdown is taken straight out of one of the original Twilight Zone episodes-- which I love, and it's kinda scary, and not what you would be expecting in pokemon. The first season did some interesting experiments here and there with the show.

Ghoul Daze from Diamond and Pearl also is one that stands out to me. Calling the girl partnering with Conway a ghost seems to be putting it lightly, the mystery child seems more like a demon. Even though this episode goes for a lot of comedy, it had some genuinely sinister moments.

Any episodes stand out to you as an interesting walk along the stranger corners of the Pokemon universe?

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • With Halloween almost here, I was wondering if there were any Pokémon episodes you remembered or enjoyed from the TV series or Spin-Offs that had a bit of something paranormal, mysterious or dark in it?

The ones dealing with Sabrina in the Indigo League have always been some of my favorites. I noticed that little trilogy of episodes as something intense and different from the others immediately, and was hooked for every moment. Sabrina seemed close to a sociopath in the anime, and the punishment she inflicts on her defeated opponents is taken straight out of one of the original Twilight Zone episodes-- which I love, and it's kinda scary, and not what you would be expecting in pokemon. The first season did some interesting experiments here in there with the show.

Ghoul Daze from Diamond and Pearl also is one that stands out to me. Calling the girl partnering with Conway a ghost seems to be putting it lightly, the mystery child seems more like a demon. Even though this episode goes for a lot of comedy, it had some genuinely sinister moments.

Any episodes stand out to you as an interesting walk along the stranger corners of the Pokemon universe?

Ghost of Maiden's Peak was probably my favorite scary episode of the first season, the one with the talking Gastly. I really loved that episode!

Years
  • Just Waiting on a Friend was really good. Been forever since I watched this episode but it stands out very clearly as a creepy and sad but super satisfying one - I love the whole 'spirit waiting for someone to return' idea and am glad they made an episode out of it. Would have been an awesome one to rewatch during Halloween ❤️

Years
  • Both of the episodes mentioned above are beautiful, and among my favorites.

Now one I just remembered that I found actually pretty disturbing and spooky is from Black and White called A Night at Nacrene City Museum. The whole scenario of the haunted Museum is a good way to incorporate the horror, and the moment when tears began to run down the artifact did genuinely unnerve me.

Hypno's Naptime is kinda creepy too. I didn't think of it that way at the time I first saw this episode, but knowing more about Hypno's pokedex entries gives the plot of all the missing children new significance, and it's still kinda offsetting the way they use Hypno in the story.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Litwick's introduction episode in Best Wishes was pretty good! Had a horror theme to it. It's been awhile since I've watched all the other anime seasons, so I have no idea or remember the titles of others right now, except Tower of Terror and ...Fear Factor Phony, or was that a Total Drama episode?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am not creeped out easily and I don't really care much for 'horror' in general because I find it boring and predictable. So I do not know what some of the creepiest episodes are, not to mention I cannot recall all of the Halloween like episodes. There are some I remember though that actually did creep me out just a little. But from what people have said here, I completely agree with the Litwick Intro quest in Best Wishes. It explained just how dangerous ghost pokemon can be. The anime has never really shown this in my opinion. The games always excel at showing of Drifloon, but the anime never did.

For the episodes that actually creeped me out, every single Malamar Episode in Kalos. For me, it was the first time the anime took a turn for the dark side of Pokemon. Setting the tone for the entire series, especially the end with Team Flair.

The Malamar episode were just... really creepy. They were mind controlling people with ease. They were also extremly powerful compared to other pokemon. All the episodes were dark. And then at the very end of the series, they mention going into the future where our plans will be set up and ready to take control of the pokemon world.

Back