• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Regarding Game and Story Text garcs in Pokemon X

Days
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Hi all, I'm new here so forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm working on a hack of Pokemon X and I've hit a minor setback related to game text. After a battle, if I talk to the trainer again, they stand in place for about a second, before playing the speaking animation with only a tiny and completely empty text box. This has happened with multiple trainers and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I know the text is in the garc file, but it's like the game can't load it.

I have tried removing the game text garc (0/7/4) while leaving the story text garc (0/8/2) in, removing the story text garc while leaving the game text in, and removing both to force the game to load the unedited garc files. None of these methods made a difference.

So far this has only happened with text from trainers when you talk to them after battle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Help Regarding Game and Story Text garcs in Pokemon X
      empty text box.jpg
      951.5 KB · Views: 2
    Back