• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    where would you put the pictures of the trainers your fighting, pictures or monsters, and also their pokemon you fight, and if thier wild pokemon would they have to be in both folders?

Years
    If your using the DBS, then they most likely go in the monsters folder, but if your using the CBS then they go into the picture folder.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    DBS= Default Battle System

Meaning, the battle system thats already useable in RM2K

CBS= Custom Battle System

Meaning, a custom programmed battle system by the RM2Ker

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
    Can someone tell me how to make the wild grass seem like its moving(if you know what i mean)? Also, how can I make the pokemon only appear in the grass?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Patsrule> Do you mean when you step through it? That's done with a battle animation. Just put an event over every grass tile that says "Show Battle Animation: 'grass'" or whatever.

Here ya go P***nix. Did you mean upload it as an attatchment here?

Brendan Trainer

Let's battle!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    umm... is there any methods of making a cbs? As I have my doubts...

1) Where do I put the events, and what do I put? (as a general term, nothing specific)

2) As for making a cms, how can I do one like pkmn RS (but with things I want to put)? And one without having to draw? (it's annoying to draw, generally everything I draw in the pc end up by being bad drew)

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
    Thanks DM, that's what I meant. And what's with the censors? Ph.o.enix's name is censored, w.h.o.ever is censored, isn't there a way to override the censor on certain words? lol Sorry to post offtopic!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    why is that censored its not like bad or something....i dont get it, and yes if you could change the p***nix one it might help cause thats part of my game name

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    I want to know if there is a program that converts a picture to a 256 colour without any loss of colour because rm2k will not accept any PNG images that I use.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, you should ask RM2K3kid for stuff about that.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    Yeah, I noticed that when he converts them, and there is almost no difference in colour, but if I convert them in MS Paint then the colours get all messed up. So I was wondering if there is a program that he uses, too bad he isn't online though.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm sure he'll be replying to this thread next time he gets on. You'll have to wait.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Hello! Well I use the full version of Paint Shop Pro 4 but I think any Paint shop pro should work! All I do is reduce the color depth of the picture to 256 colors then save it! I hope it helps!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back