• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finally using my account instead of lurking!

Tert

King of the Soaps
Days
  • Hi! My name is Tert (sometimes fungandlearn), I'm going to college next semester for an associates in cybersecurity, I am 18, and a new member of the PokeCommunity forums!

I originally lurked around the forums looking at ROM-hacks (notably PlatinumQoL, thank you Spargo!), but figured that after making an account specifically for asking questions, I would finally get to actually making one to use for general purpose forum stuff. I've mostly been around the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums, but figured that being on forums is more fun and enjoyable as a community.

I originally got into Pokemon when i was about six years old in 2012. Coming home from school to a black DSi and a copy of Pokemon Black and New Super Mario Bros. on my birthday had to be the crown jewel of my early childhood. Over time, I couldn't really play any of the games from Gen 6 since I didn't have a 3DS, but eventually when I did get one I ended up getting both Moon and Ultra Moon during their respective holiday seasons. Ever since that fated day of my childhood, I've been a Pokemon fan through and through. I even used to play the TCG Online (back when that was the main app for it, and the sun and moon sets were new lol), but I lost my account sadly.

Favorite generations? 4, 5, and 7. Hands-down, I love DS-era Pokemon. Not even for nostalgia either, I just feel like they hit an apex around that time where everything felt was nice and cozy and well-built.

Favorite mons? Oh god, this is picking between my children. Personal favorites include Palossand, Dhelmise, Grimmsnarl, Porygon-Z, Gliscor, the Regis, Torterra/Samurott/Sceptile/Skeledirge, Dusknoir, Entei, Ho-Oh, Alakazam, Golurk, Mienshao, Hawlucha, Flygon, Aggron, Stunfisk, Avalugg, Maractus... The list goes on really.

Favorite ROM hack? Any hack that adds, expands, or refines base Pokemon games. Not really into difficulty hacks, but again, I really do like what PlatinumQoL did (not to seem like a suck-up, but I really just like this hack). Refining the base-game but adding so much cool new stuff like old event locations from past gens, encounters for the legendaries in areas that make sense, functionality for features that were hard to use or obsolete, QoL, etc.

That's enough blabbing from me. I hope you guys welcome me with open arms into the PokeCommunity forums!

Last edited:

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • Hi! My name is Tert (sometimes fungandlearn), I'm going to college next semester for an associates in cybersecurity, I am 18, and a new member of the PokeCommunity forums!

I originally lurked around the forums looking at ROM-hacks (notably PlatinumQoL, thank you Spargo!), but figured that after making an account specifically for asking questions, I would finally get to actually making one to use for general purpose forum stuff. I've mostly been around the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums, but figured that being on forums is more fun and enjoyable as a community.

I originally got into Pokemon when i was about six years old in 2012. Coming home from school to a black DSi and a copy of Pokemon Black and New Super Mario Bros. on my birthday had to be the crown jewel of my early childhood. Over time, I couldn't really play any of the games from Gen 6 since I didn't have a 3DS, but eventually when I did get one I ended up getting both Moon and Ultra Moon during their respective holiday seasons. Ever since that fated day of my childhood, I've been a Pokemon fan through and through. I even used to play the TCG Online (back when that was the main app for it, and the sun and moon sets were new lol), but I lost my account sadly.

Favorite generations? 4, 5, and 7. Hands-down, I love DS-era Pokemon. Not even for nostalgia either, I just feel like they hit an apex around that time where everything felt was nice and cozy and well-built.

Favorite mons? Oh god, this is picking between my children. Personal favorites include Palossand, Dhelmise, Grimmsnarl, Porygon-Z, Gliscor, the Regis, Torterra/Samurott/Sceptile/Skeledirge, Dusknoir, Entei, Ho-Oh, Alakazam, Golurk, Mienshao, Hawlucha, Flygon, Aggron, Stunfisk, Avalugg, Maractus... The list goes on really.

Favorite ROM hack? Any hack that adds, expands, or refines base Pokemon games. Not really into difficulty hacks, but again, I really do like what PlatinumQoL did (not to seem like a suck-up, but I really just like this hack). Refining the base-game but adding so much cool new stuff like old event locations from past gens, encounters for the legendaries in areas that make sense, functionality for features that were hard to use or obsolete, QoL, etc.

That's enough blabbing from me. I hope you guys welcome me with open arms into the PokeCommunity forums!
    Welcome Tert!^^
    What's your favorite Eeveelution? :3
    I hope you enjoy it around here, so make sure to ask any questions on things you're confused about!

Years

Hello Tert, and welcome to the forums!
    It is great to see more long time fans of Pokémon join PokéCommunity! Which starter did you choose in Black ?
    I started with Red myself, and picked Charizard (my top favourite since then ^^).
    Great Pokémon in your favourites! I also like Torterra, Sceptile (though I like Serperior more), Skeledirge and Alakazam!
    Have you also tried some fan games ? I could recommend some great ones!

I hope you guys welcome me with open arms into the PokeCommunity forums!
    How about being welcomed by a Gardevoir ? ^^

Tert

King of the Soaps
    Days
  • Thank you all for the warm welcomes! Answering some of your comments now, and thank you guys so much <3
    How about being welcomed by a Gardevoir ? ^^
    Not object personally. A welcome is a welcome, so thank you!
    What's your favorite Eeveelution? :3
    Leafeon, hands-down. I got a plush of him at Nintendo NY that i named Ginkgo and he's been my close buddy ever since along with my Totodile. His name is Salty, after my Totodile in HeartGold.
    It is great to see more long time fans of Pokémon join PokéCommunity! Which starter did you choose in Black ?
    Oshawott! Loved the whole line and i was at just the right age where i thought samurai were super cool (still do btw ^^), so his evos really stuck. Seeing em get a Hisuian form melted my heart, he's so cool to me
    Have you also tried some fan games ? I could recommend some great ones!
    I don't really have any interest in fan-games right now, but if I ever do exhaust my pool of ROM-hacks and other stuff I would be willing to try some! I have a friend who tried to get me into PokeMMO, but I was busy at the time lol
    Do you know what sections of the site you're hoping to be more active in? It's always nice to see more members stick around and chat with the regulars!
    Generally I plan on posting in Previous Generations, TCG, General Pokemon, ROM-hack showcases, art and drawing boards, and maybe some of the off-topic boards. Might pop up in other places to lurk tho :D

Years

It seems that we're in pretty similar boats. Started with my dad's DSi in 2011 and a copy of SoulSilver before getting a 3DS for my bday in 2016. We're also only about a year apart in age. I hope you have a good time on the forums, if you have any questions feel free to let any of us know!

Tert

King of the Soaps
    Days
  • It seems that we're in pretty similar boats. Started with my dad's DSi in 2011 and a copy of SoulSilver before getting a 3DS for my bday in 2016. We're also only about a year apart in age. I hope you have a good time on the forums, if you have any questions feel free to let any of us know!
    Thanks! Glad to know somebody is on the same boat as me in terms of their childhood, I'm graduating in a few weeks and it's just a different feeling to go back and play Pokemon now. I feel like I'm 6 years old again lol, cant wait to get a new 3ds to replace my old one (the hinge cracked a long time ago after constant use and love ^^' )

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
    Years
  • As someone who is also about to graduate, I can definitely say being here and having Pokemon is very helpful since I've been anxious about it and college. I started a little before you, since I got White when gen 5 released, but it's always great to see people who started around me!

I'm also interested in your response to ReKoil's q since I'm a big TCG nerd as well XD

Also, good luck with your cybersecurity! I'm going in for math & computer science to start, so not too far off from each other :D

and of course...welcome to PC!!! :mareepwave::mareepwave::mareepwave::mareepwave::mareepwave::mareepwave::mareepwave::mareepwave:

Back