• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy General

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    Final Fantasy General

(picture is a bit outdated, lol)

As if you've never seen this thread before. :D

Discuss about the series in general, or talk about your favorite game. I'll start the thread off with some general questions.

Who's your favorite character?

What's your favorite game?

Do you like a particular battle system better than others?

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
    I have no favourite character out of the series itself, but I loved the characters from FFIX. The characters were well fleshed-out and intriguing. The game itself had a balance between seriousness and lightheartedness. The world was vibrant and full of story, and it lived up to its roots. Best game overall, I would say.

I think FFXIII has the best battle system. It's still turn-based, but fast-paced, fun, visually satisfying and just across-the-board improvement from the battle system that I loved from pre-FFXI games.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    It's a tie between Locke from VI and Balthier from XII, both have an aura of nonchalance that I find appreciable and both are ladies men. I love Locke's situation in VI having to choose between two girls and Balthier has the hottest girl in XII by his side. Basically they're two of the suavest gents you'll find in a video game nevermind just the series.

Another tie between VI and XII. XII is the game that introduced me to the series, and I'm not exactly one for the transitional phases or random battle encounters so that was a bonus as well. I loved the story, the cast was great in that it had everything, a walking bunny woman, the typical final fantasy androgynous lead and a supporting cast that has a surprising amount of plot within the story. VI is an absolutely great game, I could easily look past the battle system which I didn't like so much because the story was so entertaining. The cast I think is the biggest to date and I love being able to switch in all the different people throughout the game. The world of Ruin is an absolute masterpiece in gaming, it was so dynamic in terms of plot development, being able to choose who you wanted to find after the world fell into chaos was great and allowed you to develop the story in the way you wanted it to go.

XII's system > any other system.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

Probably Ramza from FF Tactics. I love his growth as a character throughout the game. From the kid at beginning who only wishes to fight for his family name to the man who eventually decides to fight for others.

It's between FFV and FFT. I love both really. FFV gets overlooked, but it had some pretty deep gameplay with the whole customizing classes and stuff. The soundtrack is my favorite out of any game as well. As for Tactics, that's what got me into the whole SRPG genre. Awesome storyline, characters, and addicting gameplay; It has it all. :D

Can't really say I do. Maybe I'm just old school, but the classic turn-battle system is usually enough for me. Wasn't a fan of FFXII's.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Okay..I've got to ask, why did you include a logo for a canceled fangame (Final Fantasy VI: The Power Within)?

Terra Bradford - Final Fantasy VI
    2nd - Rydia - Final Fantasy IV
    3rd - Tifa Lockhart - Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VI
    2nd - Final Fantasy IV
    3rd - Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII's. Don't know why, I just like it. FFXIII's is pretty good too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Lightning from XIII. lol oddball

XIII. Haven't played any others, but I've seen playthroughs and such and none of them intrigue me enough at the moment, except IX, X, and XII. So I wanna give those a shot, but right now, XIII is my favorite.

I'm addicted to XIII's system, but I can't judge very well til I play other games. D: But from what I have seen, I think I still prefer XIII's system because it calls for quick thinking and I like the sound effects. /loser

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Who's your favourite character?

It's a tie between Porom from FFIV and Eiko from FFIX. White Mages all the way.

What's your favourite game?

Definitely FFIX, it was like bringing FFIV my second favourite FF game onto the new 3D world that FFVII introduced.

I like the ATS battle systems the old games had but I liked the way FFIV and FFIX made it so that each character is unique and you can't have all your characters being almighty beings capable of learning every single ability.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Ramza from Final Fantasy Tactics and Zack Fair from the VII series. Ramza was probably the most mature protagonist in Final Fantasy and Zack had this upbeat charm to him, a breath of fresh air from the drama of the Final Fantasy games.

Final Fantasy Tactics. Everything in that game just worked perfectly. Too bad the translation on the PS1 version was riddled with typos and the PSP version had purple prose.

Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy Tactics. I always liked job classes and it gets even better when you have a lot of great classes and you can mix two great classes. It adds a lot of depth to the battle system. Of course, the Calculator was the most broken class ever, so Final Fantasy Tactics would've been much better without it.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years

Locke Cole - Final Fantasy VI
    Zack Fair - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

VI and CC:FFVII

Isn't it the same basis like all the time? The difficulty is what keeps it going. Otherwise the system is retarded and boring.
    CC was a bit different since it was more action wise and it was pretty cool. I find mixing both magic and physical offenses fun. (Though I was too lazy on making physical materia so I just used 4 magic + libra + curaga and one of them had a +STR so I had to use the normal slash)

MurasakiYugata

Friend of Caterpie
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    Ultros from Final Fantasy VI.

Final Fantasy VII.

Final Fantasy Tactics had my favorite battle system, if that counts.

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
    Years
    Who's your favourite character?

Zack, Rydia, and Quina. Can't pick just one character. Rydia's character development is great, Quina is easily the most awesome character in IX, and Zack... There's no way you can't love Zack after playing Crisis Core.

What's your favourite game?

IX. I love how it's a throwback to the older games, referencing a lot of stuff from those. The story and gameplay is great too, though it's a bit too easy. I try not to abuse things like Regen, cause some stuff just breaks that game.

XII. XII isn't exactly my favourite game, but the battle system was great.

Back