• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Mario series character

Favorite Mario character?

• Total voters

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    What major character out of the Mario games do you like the most?

When I got Super Mario World for the GBA, I noticed how much better Luigi was at clearing levels than Mario, (thanks to his uber jumping abillity) so I became a big fan of him.

I also love Waluigi as well, because he just looks cool, and he reminds me of Luigi. I use Waluigi a lot in the Mario Party and Mario Kart games.

Last edited:

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    I'm not sure if this is a so-called major charecter or whatever, but I've always liked Blooper.

I'm not sure why really. Maybe best to fight. I really liked the Blooper fights in Super Mario Sunshine

Gyoka

Metamaster - Lvl 1 Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I gotta go with Boo. I just love that round ghost. In Mario Tennis for GC he was my first and best character.

Years
    Wario.

He shines in the Spinoffs, rocks in his own games, and...well, he's Wario! It's too bad he doesn't appear in the RPGs =(. He'd rock in Paper Mario.

I've also fancied dem Hammah Broz =D

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    3) Wario. He's the person we all love to hate. There was an incident...

My friend Jason (Check out the videos in my sig) and I were playing Mario Party 7 along with a CPU Daisy and Wario. We played at Neon Heights, and Wario was in the lead with 5 stars. 5 STARS. Then Jason was angry and said "Geez, what a fatso, yo!"
    Another time we were playing another Mario Party game (I think 6) and Wario was blown off a ship like a cannonball. When he landed on the island, the island like, EXPLODED or something like that. Then we all laughed at him and Jason said "HAHA WHAT A LOSER HA!"
    Someone asked what would happen if Wario flew. Jason said something that I don't think should be mentioned here. KIK!

2) Bowser. There's just something I like about King Koopa.

He's fun to use in all games where you can use him.
    His humor got to me in the Paper Mario games.
    Big spiked shell, cooooool.
    Can't ignore this character.
    Besides, I like saying, "YOWZA, IT'S BOWZA!!"
    Final Smash = KILLER.

1) YOSHI!

Yoshi was my childhood idol. I used to act as Yoshi back in the glory days.
    Flutter Jump, Gulp, I love what he does.
    That "Yoshi!" or "Wow!" or whatever never gets old.
    Once again, Final Smash = Killer. Flying Fire breathing Dinosaurs for the win!
    Yoshi is THE BEST there is.
    If you don't think Yoshi is cool or cute or whatever, then you seriously need to look at the happy things in life.
    EDIT: Which reminds me, some people call me Yoshi because... yeah obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I gotta go with Boo. I just love that round ghost. In Mario Tennis for GC he was my first and best character.

Yes. I have almost the exact same reasons as you for liking the little white ghost, but differ in the form of the console. When I first played Mario Tennis on the N64, which is the leading retro console to have ever existed, Boo became an instant favourite for his "tricky" playing style. Plus the little laugh he makes whenever he hits a ball is priceless.

Boo, because he's a ghost.

Yup.

2) Bowser. There's just something I like about King Koopa.

He's fun to use in all games where you can use him.
    His humor got to me in the Paper Mario games.
    Big spiked shell, cooooool.
    Can't ignore this character.
    Besides, I like saying, "YOWZA, IT'S BOWZA!!"
    Final Smash = KILLER.

I love Bowser as well, although it took me a while to come around. He just seems like a good villain all around. Sure he sends his underlings to do all the dirty work for him, but that's what an imperialistic turtle does. Plus, he can breath freaking fire!

But in close contest to Boo and Bowser, I have to say I also like Dry Bones. Classic staple enemy, sort of, and had become much more popular since Mario Kart DS. He wasn't that big of a deal in the old games unfortunately.

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Yes. I have almost the exact same reasons as you for liking the little white ghost, but differ in the form of the console. When I first played Mario Tennis on the N64, which is the leading retro console to have ever existed, Boo became an instant favourite for his "tricky" playing style. Plus the little laugh he makes whenever he hits a ball is priceless.
    The laugh is the whole reason I liked Boo.

I love Bowser as well, although it took me a while to come around. He just seems like a good villain all around. Sure he sends his underlings to do all the dirty work for him, but that's what an imperialistic turtle does. Plus, can breath freaking fire!

That is the smartest thing I ever heard. Fire breathing turtles are the Greatest!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I specially love three: Fawful (I don't know how much I could laught with him), Wario and Luigi (you know, as my friend had the game, I always was player 2 and it leaves sequels...)

Back