• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Competitive] Favorite battling tier

Years
    Competitive battlers, what's your favorite tier?

If you're not too into competitive, what one tier do you think you'd be most interested in trying?

Here's a list of tiers. There are also other formats, like Little Cup (have not evolved at all, and are capable of evolution) and NFE (not fully evolved)!

BWZ

Days
    • Seen today
    Not a tier in particular but since I like to play with my favourites, I'll play wherever most of them land. So for now, it's UU I guess
    Also Ubers because big strong creatures go brrrr lol

Years
    The Pokémon I most like to use tend to be a blend of UU and OU.. Is there a tier in-between? Is that BL?

I kinda really dislike OU, because... most teams I face have at least 3-4 of the same Pokémon, running the same sets. 90% of the time, Flutter Mane/Tera Fairy/Choice Specs, Urshifu Rapid/Tera Water/Choice Scarf, Chien Pao/Focus Sash, Dragonite/Tera Normal/Choice Band. It's so very dull, and I wish they could somehow force the rotation of these Pokémon more often.

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't have a competitive mindset, but IF I played competitive Pokémon I'd choose whichever tier includes most of the reasonably decent fully evolved Pokémon without becoming a legendary/pseudo/Ultra Beast/Paradox spam fest. Variety is also welcome, it's just annoying to see a lot of people using the same Pokémon.

Still, although I really appreciate all the work people at Smogon invest into organising and updating tiers to put some balance into the inherently unbalanced power gap mess that Pokémon has allways been (which honestly allways worked better for single player than for PvP), all that studying tiers and learning what are the best Pokémon to use and which ones I should avoid is just not my cup of tea.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Probably Rarely Used or Never Used. Likely sees some less familiar Pokemon there, while still being evolved and having decent strategies.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I played a little bit of Gen 7 RU between Sun and Moon and the Ultra games. I had a friend who was really into it and I ended up picking it up casually, learning from them, and having a bit of fun with it. I think things like RU or NU are really interesting because they're not at the total bottom of the bin nor are they the super mega overpowered legendaries. I feel like something like Ubers would be boring if it's just "These Pokemon are factually the best at the top of the best tier" and something like ZU would be boring because it feels less interesting just being "stuck with the worst ones". It's a nice in-between where I think you'd have really unique options, and if I ever tried to pick up competitive Pokemon again it'd likely be RU or NU.

Back