• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV Training

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • EV training is pretty important to some people, while to others, it's not. Do you EV train your Pokémon? In more recent games, EV Training has been made easier through the use of Horde Battles, Super Training, while these methods aren't really available anymore, it's still a lot easier to ev train Pokémon these days, that anyone could do it. I'm not going to get into all the math of EV training, though.

Do you Ev Train? What is your method, if so? What was the last Pokémon you remember EV Training?

I exclusively use Vitamins to EV Train, and I usually only do so in the stat I want to be maxed out. I've always found it a lot easier than battling outright because I know I can control the EVs I want by using vitamins. I did do Super Training in generation six though, that was a fun method. I recently EV trained a Starmie's Special Attack & Speed in Emerald for the Battle Frontier. I also was EV Training a Tyrogue so I can evolve it into a Hitmonchan, Its nature was the complete opposite, though, so it took multiple tries to get Hitmonchan through the use of Vitamins and Wings. :x

Last edited:
    Years
  • I do! Not my story mons though, those are for going through the main game. IV breeding and EV training are big parts of the post game for me and makes up a large chunk of playtime. It's fun working on good Pokémon. ❤️

Years
  • I do! Not my story mons though, those are for going through the main game. IV breeding and EV training are big parts of the post game for me and makes up a large chunk of playtime. It's fun working on good Pokémon. ❤️

I'm actually surprised to read this :o You've always struck me as the kind of person that played more casually and not worry about EV Training/IVs.

For me, I do! At least, I focus on it post-game because there's really no point in EV training during the main game because the EVs would be a mess due to all of the trainer battles.

It's fun trying to think up possible post-game battle facility teams and testing them out. ^_^

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I EV train but do miss Super training, that was a much more straightforward way to do it than the Sun/Mo methods. Its not hard in Su/Mo but i found super training to be nicer.

Years
  • I'm actually surprised to read this :o You've always struck me as the kind of person that played more casually and not worry about EV Training/IVs.

Aha quite the opposite, I get insanely picky post-game and like to have the optimal mons. Didn't care too much originally, but I guess years back during the BW days I hardly knew this was even a thing. When I found out just how much better stats could get, I couldn't stop myself. @_@

Back