• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen EV for specific Defense... or HP??

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2007
    Im just trying to understand, is it better to put ev into hp instead? how much of a difference does it make... how much does one affect damage and such??

ihaveaquestion

idonthaveaquestion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    i think that it totally depends on the pokemon... depending on what their max hp is and their max special defence...also... i do it under hp cause it helps with defence and special defence

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    If it's something like Blissey, I'd max its HP and sp.def.

For Dusknoir, I'll max out its defense and sp.defense,

In other word, it depends on Pokemon, but I'll max out HP first if it has equal HP and defense(Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc.).

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    If it's something like Blissey, I'd max its HP and sp.def.

For Dusknoir, I'll max out its defense and sp.defense,

In other word, it depends on Pokemon, but I'll max out HP first if it has equal HP and defense(Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc.).

definitely. besides, with dusknoir, he learns plain split, so it's one hell of an opportunity to leave his hp as low as you can.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Meh, if it's Blissey then you should max out its defence at least, Its sp-defence is already good enough. Then max out the rest of the other remaining EV's on HP or some on sp-defence too, depends.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    Meh, if it's Blissey then you should max out its defence at least, Its sp-defence is already good enough. Then max out the rest of the other remaining EV's on HP or some on sp-defence too, depends.

Eh, if you slap 252 EVs in Chansey's defense, it's still gonna get slaughtered by one physical move. :/

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Eh, if you slap 252 EVs in Chansey's defense, it's still gonna get slaughtered by one physical move. :/
    Wrong. ._. With maxed out HP and Defense Blissey was able to survive two max power Hidden Power [FLYING]s from Salamence, but without any Defense at all, Salamence can easily OHKO it, and I reckon it'll be able to take at least one hit from a Life Orb Salamence in D/P if it has alot of Defense and HP EVs and Counter it right back at it. There's a reason for why competitive battlers give Blissey full Defense EVs.

Back