• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Event Escape the Lab

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024

Welcome to Escape the Lab, a cooperative escape room game! Investigate clues in a series of rooms with your team to be the first to solve all the puzzles.

overview

• Every participant can choose one location to investigate every day in the current room. To make this easier for myself to keep track of, this resets at 12AM PST.

↳↳↳↳ This is intended to be a cooperative game, so if multiple people in your team participate, you as an individual should not have to worry about picking up additional locations to investigate, but the option is there if needed.

• Investigating will yield either clues or items that will be useful down the line. Items need to be combined to be used, so be sure to discuss and share your findings with your teammates.

• Not every search will yield a key clue! There will be a few throwaway clues in each room, so if something's not making sense, it's either too early to use it or just a dud.

↳↳↳↳ To save time, if what you chose to investigate is not a real clue or a 'planned' dud, I will let you know right away, ie. if you chose to stare at a wall and it is literally just a blank wall, I will let you know that was just part of the environment and you can choose again for the day.

• There is only one set solution for every room, and the first team to solve it as intended wins. This isn't a roleplay or D&D, so there are no extra points for creativity here, I'm afraid. ...Or is there? (check achievements)

submitting your moves

Once a room is revealed, you can post in this thread which area you want to investigate and I will DM or PM you (based on your preference) the accompanying clue/mislead. Only the first person who picks an item to investigate will receive the details of it, so this will help you and your teammates see which areas have already been checked.

Template for investigation:
    PC Username:
    Team:
    Discord Username (only if you prefer to be contacted via Discord): note*
    Investigate: note**

* If you want to be DMed, please make sure you are able to receive DMs from non-friends, otherwise I will PM you on the forum.

** It's fine if you don't know what something is called, I'm not going to quibble over whether a furniture piece is a dresser or a chest of drawers and if I don't know what you mean I'll ask for clarification

To then use the item, you just have to PM/DM me back your action. All valid moves are going to be in conjunction with another item - for example, if you found a piece of paper, you know it will have to be used with something, and you can't just, say, submit a move to me that's like "I fold this into a paper airplane" (although some clues do not need to be combined or used at all, for example, you might have found a cipher key that will simply help you read a future clue).

To prevent spamming actions, each team is allowed only 2 mistakes a day. You can submit as many (correct) actions and combinations of items to me still, but if your team sends in 2 bad actions that don't result in progress, then you are out of moves for the day.

If you are using it in conjunction with someone else on your team's item, please have both players message me so I know you both agreed to try using your items together. When your combined items result in a new object, you can decide between the two of you who holds it.

scoring

The first team to solve a room gets 50 points, and the next room will be revealed. The losing team can still figure out the solution to older rooms for 30 catch-up points, but you will, then, of course risk losing the next room as well, and so on. So prioritize carefully!

final notes

There is a total of 3 rooms of varying sizes for this event - a lobby, a breakroom and the main lab, so you have an idea of how long this will run and how to prioritize it among the other events.

The first room will be posted shortly after GT begins. If you have the @LET ME OUT role on Discord, you will be pinged for any public updates (scoring, wins, new rooms, etc).

Lastly, hope you have fun!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024

And here is the first room of the game!

The Lobby

Escape the Lab

credit to LimeZu for the tileset!​

PC Username:
    Team:
    Discord Username (only if you prefer to be contacted via Discord):
    Investigate:

Please review the opening post for instructions on how to get started, and reach out to me if you have any questions!

Last edited:
    Years
    PC Username:apro
    Team:Gears
    Discord Username: aprogergely
    Investigate: the nightstand next to the door

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    PC Username: Cubeth
    Team: Apricorns
    Discord Username: budube
    Investigate: The bookshelf

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    PC Username: Megan
    Team: Gears
    Investigate: the picture on the northern wall

Years
    PC Username: Arcaneum
    Discord username: arcaneum (please use this exclusively, or I'll be guaranteed to miss it on here ty <3)
    Investigate: Behind the sofa

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    PC Username: Devalue
    Investigate: The bathroom trash can

Years
    Pc username: Kitty
    Discord username: churarara (pls contact me there!!)
    Investigate: the clock

Last edited:

LeGoldenWolf

LeGoldenWolf - The Goldenest Boi
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    PC Username: LeGoldenWolf
    Team: apricorn
    Only use my Discord username: le_goldenwolf
    Investigate: Couch

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    PC Username: wolf
    Investigate: Gengar photo (assuming it's OK to investigate an item that the other team has investigated)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    PC Username: wolf
    Investigate: Gengar photo (assuming it's OK to investigate an item that the other team has investigated)
    Yup, absolutely!

--

I've been sending these out throughout the day, but just to make sure - everyone who has posted so far should have received their clue - on Discord if a username is provided, or PM'd on the forum if that field is omitted. If I have missed you, please let me know!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    PC Username: Aquacorde
    Discord Username: aquacasey
    Investigate: that jank floor tile on the right

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
    PC Username: saniachan
    Discord Username: saniachan (display name: SAF)
    Investigate: That red thingy with handle next to the toilet stalls

Years
    PC Username: Celèste
    Discord Username: Celèste (both should work but I can react quicker on Discord)
    Investigate: The bookshelf

Back