• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End Of The World???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Truthfully,
    This is bigger than I expected...
    a handful of my friends know about it.
    They say their TV said "All of the planets and the sun will line up,
    And that massive gravity will pull in a black hole that will suck the earth in".
    WTF is a black hole anyway?
    I thought it was Sci-Fi.
    Lol!
    Anyway,
    Aren't Black Holes supposed to transport you to another dimension?
    Eh,
    I sure as hell hope they are wrong!
    I will be eighteen ****ing years old!!!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    (Not exact definition) Black Hole: Region in space with near infinite density (hence why everything, including light itself, "sinks" toward it). The more popular view of Black Holes is instead of sending you to another dimension, they just shread you apart atom by atom. Fun.

Anyway, the combined gravitional pull by the planets, the sun, and even every asteroid and comet out there isn't even close to making a black hole. Black holes just require way too much energy and only stars ten times more massive than our sun can make black holes when gravity smashes them.

For all of you worried about Earth's destruction being a result of some cosmic event, I advise you to watch a show on the history channel called The Universe. Very interesting if you like astronomy or sci-fi.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    And why would that be, is that the date VBulletin Retires or something?

I think Steve was kidding... XD;

I always thought that when the sun dies out, it collapes into itself, creating a Black Hole. This isn't true?

That's true for some very large stars, but ours isn't big enough to create a Black Hole. I think I read somewhere that ours will eventually turn into a Red Giant, and then a White Dwarf. After that it will just fizzle out :x

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Now I don't want or hope anything happens On Dec. 12, 2012...
    But after researching it quite a bit after watching that program...

The accuracy of many things are bad, but the uncanny accuracy of the Mayan calender system, is extremely accurate. Now I know many of you think it is a load of bacon strips, But I think something will happen, not really the entire world...gone. Many of you say how things have always been wrong, But NOT one time have all the (well most) of the religions point to such a date, science is behind it, religion, and even the UFOs crazy people, not to mention the psychics. xD

After all the things I've in depth seen/read on it, I think it is too strange for nothing to occur. There was also a proficy that accuratly prediction horrifing events of our history right on the frenching point that thinks something will happen.

As much as I want to not believe in it, I just dont see nothing happen on a date many have looked upon. I honestly dont think it's the end of the world, but something to alter it's significate history .

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I don't really care what happen's. My life is meaningless anyway. So if it does happen I'm ready for it. If the world is going to end you have nothing to fear. Just the uknown and I'm looking forward to finding out what it is.

I think the Myans where correct in thier prediction. Why would they predict it? If im wrong shoot me annyway. Then it will be the end of my world.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't really care what happen's. My life is meaningless anyway. So if it does happen I'm ready for it. If the world is going to end you have nothing to fear. Just the uknown and I'm looking forward to finding out what it is.

I think the Myans where correct in thier prediction. Why would they predict it? If im wrong shoot me annyway. Then it will be the end of my world.

News flash, your life will have a meaning after 12/21/12, it's just Mayan sense.

Now I don't want or hope anything happens On Dec. 12,It's 21. 2012...
    But after researching it quite a bit after watching that program...

The accuracy of many things are bad, but the uncanny accuracy of the Mayan calender system, is extremely accurate. Now I know many of you think it is a load of bacon strips, But I think something will happen, not really the entire world...gone. Many of you say how things have always been wrong, But NOT one time have all the (well most) of the religions point to such a date, science is behind it, religion, and even the UFOs crazy people, not to mention the psychics. xD

After all the things I've in depth seen/read on it, I think it is too strange for nothing to occur. There was also a proficy that accuratly prediction horrifing events of our history right on the frenching point that thinks something will happen.

As i explained before, the sun will parallel with the center of the galaxy, releasing more radiation since we'll also be closer and, well... let's just say glasses and clothes have a 1% chance of being useless.

quoted for the lazy people who don't bother reading at least the second page.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    LOL no they haven't. Seriously if someone can bring out some decent evidence to support this dumb claim then that'll be something.
    Don't say "oooh I heardz they predicted 9/11 & Katrina!!!11!" and claim that a TV show you watched some years back is your evidence. Because the calendar hasn't shown a thing. The Mayans didn't even claim the 2012 apocalypse, an American nutter did in the 20th centruary.

Well that's expected I guess, so I take it you believe Mayan Gods and Mythyology to be true?

I'm sorry, but I must bring this up again. It makes too much sense. I have better things to do then to listen to what an acient race predicts what is going to happen decades & decades after.

XxZer0xX

......................... Beep.
    Years
    I think it's bogus. The end of the world may be billions of years from now or in a few days. You can argue with the world, but you can't argue with the future. The end of the world will come, but we can't say when.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    The fact of the matter is that YES, the planets will be aligned. It is VERY possible that the Mayans were lucky, and it is VERY possible that they were ingenius stargazers. They may have predicted that to be the end due to the same reasons Greek Mythology predicts that when they are aligned the Titans will rise and become powerful. As far as the chinese fortune book goes, theorists pushed the idea a bit too far. They modified the book to get what they wanted.

#2.

The black hole. This black hole has been in the center of the milky way since the beginning of the milky way. It poses no new threats to anyone.

#3.

Earth's shift. This shift may/may not happen as a result of the planet alignment. If it does, not only will the magnetic field around earth go haywire, but the atmosphere will take a huge hit of solar radiation as a result. If the earth makes a DRAMATIC shift of 45 degrees, then yes, we are screwed.

teh blaziken said:
    Truthfully,
    This is bigger than I expected...
    a handful of my friends know about it.
    They say their TV said "All of the planets and the sun will line up,
    And that massive gravity will pull in a black hole that will suck the earth in".
    WTF is a black hole anyway?
    I thought it was Sci-Fi.
    Lol!
    Anyway,
    Aren't Black Holes supposed to transport you to another dimension?
    Eh,
    I sure as hell hope they are wrong!
    I will be eighteen ****ing years old!!!

Black hole is supposedly a rip in space and time that no matter can escape.
    As far as being able to MOVE a black hole, I think not. If Einstein was correct in his theories, not only is a black hole immobile, but it could not harm the Solar System in any way. Let's say Einstein was wrong, and a black hole is not a "hole" in space/time fabric. How would the gravity of 8/9 planets and a star overcome the gravity of a black hole that's 100+ lightyears long. Think about that for a moment. It takes 100 years for light to cross the black hole in the center of the milky way. It takes about 8 minutes for light to reach earth from the sun.

Last edited:

ddogg1212

Cherish Ball KING
    Years
    ok, for all u who think that this is bogus cuz one civilization thought this is wrong. nostradomus had a prediction very similar to this, google the nostradomus code. it has some interesting stuff

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    It's predicted that in 2012 all of us will turn into Skitties and take punishment from wailords daily.

No Religious Arguments please.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    ok, for all u who think that this is bogus cuz one civilization thought this is wrong. nostradomus had a prediction very similar to this, google the nostradomus code. it has some interesting stuff

And there is no way they got that from Myans?

As Jaimes said, prove that they magically predicted everything that is to happen. We must all go by what they predicted decades ago. Did they predict so many cures for so many diseases? Do they have any real, hardcore, scientific proof?

Or did they "observe the Sun, the stars, the Galaxy, and conducted what wil happen"?

Let them gaze at the stars--We could actually go there ourselves.

& Briget, I know you said no Religious arguements, but to be honest, your prediction makes no sense.

According to my religion , we will all turn into Caterpie, while getting repeatedly assaulted by Drapion.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    There are too many theories about the end of the world for any one theory to be correct. Now before you try to contradict me, at least let me speak. Now there's the ever famous Y2K theory. Look at that. It's 2008. Some people say that "Y2K was just thrown out of whack and is going to happen anytime. And when it does, you'll wish you listened to us." There's the even more famous 6/06/06 theory. According to some, the world ends every 100 years on the date 6/06/06 but no one can ever see it. So how did we live through it each century? Then there's this 12/21/12 (Or other sources say the double appocolypse, 12/12/12) theory. Who's to say that it'll actually happen? No one human being can say. Then there's this supernova theory. Some time, thousands of years from now, the sun will reach its maximum temperature and go supernova. This great explosion is, in theory, supposed to engulf Mercury, Venus and Earth in a blazing explosion. Now I know you said no religious arguments, but it was once stated that the Earth will end in flames in which I will not state which. (Did that make sense?) After this explosion, the sun will burn out slowly as a red giant and become a white dwarf in about 200 years after. Another part of this theory is that a large comet from parts unknown will fly through our solar system destroying all the other planets. (Not entirely sure on this one. Took it from FFVII xD)

So in short, The definite end of the world cannot be predicted. For all we know, it could happen in 10 minutes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    As i explained before, the sun will parallel with the center of the galaxy, releasing more radiation since we'll also be closer and, well... let's just say glasses and clothes have a 1% chance of being useless.
    Considering that the centre of the galaxy is millions upon millions of lightyears away, even if there were some sort of super ginormous star in the centre of it (Scientists predict that it's actually the opposite - a giant black hole), it's radiation would have absolutely no effect on us. Besides, there'd be so much in the way to interfere, not that it'd make a difference.

The fact of the matter is that YES, the planets will be aligned. It is VERY possible that the Mayans were lucky, and it is VERY possible that they were ingenius stargazers. They may have predicted that to be the end due to the same reasons Greek Mythology predicts that when they are aligned the Titans will rise and become powerful. As far as the chinese fortune book goes, theorists pushed the idea a bit too far. They modified the book to get what they wanted.

#3.

Earth's shift. This shift may/may not happen as a result of the planet alignment. If it does, not only will the magnetic field around earth go haywire, but the atmosphere will take a huge hit of solar radiation as a result. If the earth makes a DRAMATIC shift of 45 degrees, then yes, we are screwed.
    First off, planet alignment isn't as people think it is - all the planets in a straight line - it's when the planets are all placed within a certain angle.

That said, the planets have "aligned" many times in the past, as have predictions of doom and destruction. Needless to say, nothing happened, and the alignment of the planets does jack, since due to the distance and size of all the other planets relative to Earth and the Sun, their effect on Earth is minimal.

... Pluto ;o;

#2.

The black hole. This black hole has been in the center of the milky way since the beginning of the milky way. It poses no new threats to anyone.
    Do you even know how black holes are formed? A star has to collapse upon it's own massive gravity in order for one to be created, so it is no way possible that there's always been a black hole in the centre of the galaxy - a star had to die first.

Black hole is supposedly a rip in space and time that no matter can escape.
    As far as being able to MOVE a black hole, I think not. If Einstein was correct in his theories, not only is a black hole immobile, but it could not harm the Solar System in any way. Let's say Einstein was wrong, and a black hole is not a "hole" in space/time fabric. How would the gravity of 8/9 planets and a star overcome the gravity of a black hole that's 100+ lightyears long. Think about that for a moment. It takes 100 years for light to cross the black hole in the center of the milky way. It takes about 8 minutes for light to reach earth from the sun.
    What are you talking about? o.O

EmpoleMew, Y2K was supposed to occur as soon as it was the year 2000 as computers might not be able to function after the date became xx/xx/00. Not so much the destruction of the world, but since the world does run on computers mostly, I suppose the whole dealy would have been catastrophic.

I remember my parents buying special Y2K packs of canned tomatoes, cause it was cheap XD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Do you even know how black holes are formed? A star has to collapse upon it's own massive gravity in order for one to be created, so it is no way possible that there's always been a black hole in the centre of the galaxy - a star had to die first.

Actually, there is a supermassive black hole (AT LEAST 100 million times the mass of our sun) at the center of almost every galaxy. Our's is currently "dormant" because it has already consumed all the gases in its vicinity.

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    its not going to happen. how do people know its that exact date . easy they dont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if anything i hope the date is falsewhitch it is or we turn into mudkips insted of the world ending.

Last edited:
    Years
    This crap will never happen.

The only reason they air this stuff is for scare tactics and ratings. And I hardly believe that the events that have happened were predicted by some nutjob back in the 15th century.

I'm more worried about Al-Qaida getting nukes and attacking us. THAT is when we're ******!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Actually, there is a supermassive black hole (AT LEAST 100 million times the mass of our sun) at the center of almost every galaxy. Our's is currently "dormant" because it has already consumed all the gases in its vicinity.
    Uh, so "giant black hole" is not correct? ^^; And besides (I think you were trying to rebuke my statement), that black hole, regardless of it's size, was originally a star.

Mario The World Champion, please don't swear, regardless of the censor's being in place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back