• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

e p i k [Jae's graphic showcase]

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Yeah, I think this may be my first showcase on Peeshee? O:
    I'll just be posting my recent stuff, firstly because my old stuff is horrible beyond imagination, and secondly because I've already deleted most of it anyway. XD; I don't have a set-in-stone graphic style, I think o_o; but I have been paying much attention to lighting and depth as of late, and Loki has taught many a thing as well. Kudos to you, my friend. <3
    Most of my graphics feature my most recent, and probably most fanaticallatic fandom to date, the Wonder Girls. So yeah. Enjoy...? Not really, I guess. :/ -SHOT-

Just to see how many people have stayed with the PC graphics community throughout the years, here is the oldest banner I could find, it's back from '06.

And now, the more recent stuff~

[1] Simplicity. <3 Features Yeeun, from the Wonder Girls. (I might as well just c/p that last part. 8D)

[2] Meh, this one's pretty crap. XD; Features Sunye, leader of the Wonder Girls. <33333

[3] I like this one. :3 Again, featuring Sunye, from the Wonder Girls. <3 No, I'm not obsessed. D:< well.... maybe just a little bit. :x

[4] Same render/placement/dimensions, but loosely tutorial based. It's fudgetastic, I know. D:

[5] This was for the Sunshine/Sunflowers SoTW, but Loki kicked this entry out the window, as with most other entries. :> Sunye, from the Wonder Girls. Tired of reading that yet? :D

[6] The original stock was desaturated, so I got to toy with some rarely touched tools with this one. :3 Featuring Sohee from the Wonder Girls.

[7] Effect overkill, gotta love it. XD Featuring Summi, from the Wonder Girls.

[8] Tried to make this one look FIREH. Do you think I managed? :x -SHOT- Featuring Yoobin, rapper for the Wonder Girls.

[9] My personal favourite; I'm planning on using it as an LJ header, Loki originally suggested the idea. :3 Featuring.... you guessed it, Sunye from the Wonder Girls. I bet you're tired NOW~! </3

[10] I reeeeeally wanted to enter [9] in the Real People SoTW, but 'premades aren't allowed' D: So I duplicated the style with another render, and I managed to win, O_O; That's pretty hawt, no? XD; Anyhow. Sunye from the Wonder Girls. Lulz.

[11] zomg en animay bannaz?! :> It was for Loki, since the one graphic I had made for her in my shop days was a piece of shiznizzle. D: I think this one's a considerable improvement, but it's still not spectacular. :/ Featuring Alle-what's-his-name-lujah- from Gundam 00, I believe. O:

Yeah. That concludes my showcase, I tinkz. And it probably won't be updated, due to my laziness lack of time. Which brings me to my next point: I won't be able to reply to anything you say about these graphics till next week, I believe. This is because I'm usually only allowed on during the weekends anyway, but on top of that I also have exams coming up this week. Which is totally gay not cool. D:
    Anyhow, thank you for viewing, I appreciate it. <3

~Jae.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • [FONT=&quot]Wow you have a knack for real people graphics and you are really good with your effects... Now, do I dare rate all your banners in depth? Well I might try and see how I go... Get ready!

Old one: Well this banner has a nice concept to it. Lovin' the render with the sword up close and personal while the rest kinda hides in the shadows if you catch my drift... The flames over his body and sword are great although I think the fire on the body could be a little lower in opacity just because it looks kinda odd... And yes he really is on fire! The background is good. Nice smudging and colour scheme to match the render. The only thing this banner lacks is a bit of oomph. Some special effects would do the job.

#1.There is nothing wrong with simplicity! In fact, I am partial to simple graphics and tend to luff them more than detailed super, special effects loaded banners... Well, firstly, the render is nicely positioned. The main text is good because it uses different colours and styles without looking over the top which is always good. The text down the bottom is also great as it doesn't stand out too much, but you can still read it which is good. The coloured scan lines are great and add some nice depth and colour to the banner although I think the red ones over her body and head are a bit bright...

#2. PURPLE! Ok this banner is very bright and eye catchy which is a good thing, but it was made to be a bit too bright. Those 1px dots of pure colour in the background are just a bit intense... They kinda distract the viewer from the focal. Those white circle things behind her are great! Positioned really well and add some good depth and just look great.

#3. Ok this is one of your best! The colour scheme is really nice and suits the render well. The text is in a great location and the font suits the banner very well, although I think that the writing on top needs a bit of re-jigging. It is kinda hard to read because it is a bit dark and the font is kinda decorative. It looks great, but if someone was trying to read it, I wish them good luck... I love those white diagonal lines coming up from behind her shoulder. They look great and just show what simple effects can really do. The glowy bits are great! They twirl and twist around everywhere and look great as well as those splatter / leaf things...

#4. Hm I think that the image is a bit too desaturated. It just looks a bit too dark... The C4D's were selected nicely and look good. Those red lines, glowy things look great and add some desired colour to the banner. Text is good, and is positioned in a nice spot. The main thing here is that it looks a bit dark...

#5. Oh mai gawd! I think I voted for this banner in the SoTW! Love the image and the background and it all fits together so nicely! I'm lovin' the sunflower in the bottom right corner! Those splatters which are glowy (I love that word) give a nice source of light and colour to the tag which is always nice to have. I don't see anything wrong with the banner except that maybe the "shine" of "sunshine" could do without the grey glow around it. Maybe it would look better in a yellow or brown colour, but grey just looks a bit icky.

#6. Ok this banner has some nice ideas thrown into it and is a bit different from your other work so grats! The city in the background is really nice and gives the entire thing a certain feel about it... And the fact that you blurred it just makes it look more realistic as that is further away than the girl. The render is positioned nicely and is a really nice render now that I look at it closely... The text is great, although again the grey outer glow has come to get you. It is just too strong and doesn't look very appealing... The pink and purple effects look great and give the tag a nice splash of colour.

#7. Ok another one of your better tags. The simple, white background is great for effect overkill banners as it leaves you open to anything. The text up the side looks really good especially how it changes colour and the lines after it. The effects behind the girl are great but there is one thing which may look better. The splatters should go behind the C4D's and scan lines and other effects purely because they are a lot darker and solid so they draw attention from the other effects. Nice simple banner, one of your best!

#8. FIREH is what you wanted and FIREH is what you got! Nice effects and smudging around and behind the focal which is always good for depth. The background is superb and the only thing I can find that needs some touching up is the black rectangle down the centre... The text on the side is really appealing and doesn't steal any attention or anything from the tag. Again one of your better tags although the sizing of the banner is kind of unique...

#9. Eh I don't know if this is your best to be honest... The part with the image and effects is really good! Love the glowy lines and effects because they add some depth and some colour to the image which is always a must have. I think the white part around it with "smile" in it is amazing and well thought out, but it just covers a bit much of the banner. It is really well thought out, but I think you could put some more effects or something with the white to eliminate the sort of empty space look...

#10. Voted for this in SoTW as well! This is your best banner by far I think and it utilizes the style shown in #9 to a greater extent. Love the glowing effects again and all the blurring and stuff to add depth, really well done! The text is awesome! So much text in a little space, cluttered, awesome! It is really good how the image kinda fades away to the right where you can see the lady behind. Gives it a really nice effect! Finally, those stars, and honeycomb shapes look really amazing! They are so cute and look amazing with the banner. I also love how you can see the start of some text but it got cut off, it looks nice.

#11. This is also a really nice banner considering it is very different to what you normally do. The background is simple but effective and looks great with that render. The text is amazing and the font style really suits the theme and render really well. Lovin' the light coming down from the top over his face. It is a great source of light and doesn't clash with the tag at all! And finally, the smudging on his shoulders and arms is wonderful! It looks kinda edgy and looks nice as well as helping the render blend in a little bit... Again, amazing little glowy dots!

I don't possibly think I could type anymore so thanks for not having any more banners.. =P

[/FONT]

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Holy cow I am SO terribly sorry for my prolonged absence D:
    I had exams, but they're over now~! <3 And thanks for commenting you two, especially Kuggles XD You seem to like the graphics I thought were the crappiest, but each to their own, I guess. :3 I'll try to upload another graphic tomorrow or the day after~

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • No problems about the rate.. I feel you have some great potential and some awesome skills to begin with so kudos to you...
    I will happily rate anything you post up.

Back