• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

does anyone win the contests?

eternalglory

Private Eye
Years
  • while the poetry challenges did bring some more excitement to the subforum, the lack of win/loss makes the challenge not a challenge at all. So the question is posed. Does anyone win the contests?

Years
  • While your question is honestly a bit silly, it's rather justified...

I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience the lack of results from these contests have caused. Now, plainly, this is what happened: I'm the only judge and I do not believe it's fair for to retrieve results based on a single person's judgement. The other judges couldn't fulfill their commitment with the contests' deliberation for one reason or another, and until I gather a solid team of critics I will neither keep hosting the contests nor post the results.

That said, I apologize for being inactive and not having the consideration to post an official announcement about this issue. It is, after all, my own commitment I'm failing upon and while I wish to retrieve these winners as much as you want to recognize them, I'm currently not able to and in all honestly won't probably be in a while, considering my activity will drop considerably on easter.

Again, I hope you can forgive me for not giving this issue as much attention as it probably needed in the first place, and my biggest apologies to the participants of the contest, whom I greatly thank for taking part of them and posting great work. You will have your results, please give it a little time and patience. ^^;

moody_cow_

Stenchgirl
    Years
  • I wondered what was going on but figured that you were busy! Well, the contest certainly did bring excitement to the Poetry section and I do hope they continue when everything gets sorted and all that good stuff! We will all be looking forward to the results of the contests still awaiting judgment! As for me, I'm patient enough to wait so take your time! =D

Oh and good luck to all the other writers that entered, you're all quite worthy adversaries! ^_^

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
  • Is it possible for us to use this thread to post constructive criticism on the contest poems? After all, we do it for every other poem posted in this sub-forum. There are so many people I wish to praise on their magnificent work.

eternalglory

Private Eye
    Years
  • thanks pichu axe man, its completely fair of u not to judge us solely on your own. hopefully you find someone willing to commit time to this.
    Oh, and to Romance hero, couldn't we start a thread called "Reactions to poems in poetry contest: [Month]" or something like that? I want to criticize as well, some were truly amazing.
    again, thank you pichu, im willing to wait

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
  • While your question is honestly a bit silly, it's rather justified...

I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience the lack of results from these contests have caused. Now, plainly, this is what happened: I'm the only judge and I do not believe it's fair for to retrieve results based on a single person's judgement. The other judges couldn't fulfill their commitment with the contests' deliberation for one reason or another, and until I gather a solid team of critics I will neither keep hosting the contests nor post the results.

That said, I apologize for being inactive and not having the consideration to post an official announcement about this issue. It is, after all, my own commitment I'm failing upon and while I wish to retrieve these winners as much as you want to recognize them, I'm currently not able to and in all honestly won't probably be in a while, considering my activity will drop considerably on easter.

Again, I hope you can forgive me for not giving this issue as much attention as it probably needed in the first place, and my biggest apologies to the participants of the contest, whom I greatly thank for taking part of them and posting great work. You will have your results, please give it a little time and patience. ^^;

Honestly... that's like saying I was paired with someone to complete a science project, however, my partner was lacking presence and I had to do the entire project myself. And I have been in this situation before, and what did I do? I did it myself. In your case, I understand it would feel queasy to single-handedly judge the contents of the contests, but I think you had supple time to find a ringer to be your new second judge. I was hoping you would be a man of quick and/or dire action upon something you have over-all responsibility over. I know it sounds that way, in which I am going against you, but I'm only stating what was possible, and what should have been. I don't know about the other contestants, but if I entered something and results were beguiled for a month or two, I'd be very upset. Others will probably be more lenient, but I had high hopes of formality for something like this. I'm sorry, but apology not accepted.

Years
  • I'm very sad to see how you are unable to forgive me after I gave you all my sincere apologies without any attempt to justify my lack of commitment.

I think you had supple time to find a ringer to be your new second judge.
    Not really. Two aren't enough either, unless you want a very partial result still.
    I was hoping you would be a man of quick and/or dire action upon something you have over-all responsibility over.
    The circumstances weren't in my favor and whilst that is not to justify, it's true. Nevertheless, I know everyone was hoping for the same, and I failed at that, so I apologize again.

I'm only stating what was possible, and what should have been.
    It wasn't possible; I can very safely say that it was NOT possible to me to retrieve these results for my own personal trouble, which has been explained to the staff of the community to justify my inactivity in PC. I care about my family much, much more than I care about this forum, as terrible as that may sound to you.

I don't know about the other contestants, but if I entered something and results were beguiled for a month or two, I'd be very upset.
    In my humble opinion, as upset as one may be it's always an unwise decision not to forgive something of this caliber as it doesn't benefit either side.

I honestly would offer a little help if I was you instead of writing ill to someone who recognized their fault and offered their sincere apologies to everyone involved. I'm very sad to find out a very good writer like yourself believes that's the best way to respond, as mad as you can justifiedly be.

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
  • I'm not going to argue (one way or another, I will lose to the system staff). I'm just saying there was probably so many ways you could have planned ahead. I mean, if you were going into obvious inactivity, I would have been honored to fill your position, just so things can be on time. And I think I could find a couple of people who can help me.

Seriously, if you feel you cannot untangle this and get everything back on track, allow someone who you feel will be responsible - a team even - so you would not have to worry in the future about something like this happening. I'm sorry I sound very furious, but I was in a WTF mood.

Years
  • I'm not going to argue (one way or another, I will lose to the system staff).
    There will be no martyr here, just so you know.

I'm just saying there was probably so many ways you could have planned ahead.
    I had 4 judges from the beginning, no one responded. I have, in all honesty, done my best within the troubles that found me last month to arrange everything and have apologized for the late reply already; please, whether you will forgive me or not, let it go-- I think we all understand what my fault was already.
    I mean, if you were going into obvious inactivity, I would have been honored to fill your position, just so things can be on time. And I think I could find a couple of people who can help me.
    "Obvious inactivity" struck me only last week. Anything before that wasn't in my heirarchy to avoid. Besides you're a contestant and I honestly wouldn't choose you as a judge-- nothing personal involved; just so you know, we always try to keep our standard when choosing judges... people with long experience and knowledge on the matter, not just your fellow writer. I'm currently trying to get oni and Lily to participate now just so you get excellent deliberation upon the judging of these challenges; that's the kind of people contests like these need that even more when the submitted work is of high quality.

That's what makes this greatly difficult; under the given circumstances, I sadly had to choose between timely, mediocre deliberation, or a rather belated but quality work of evaluation for the contests.

Seriously, if you feel you cannot untangle this and get everything back on track, allow someone who you feel will be responsible - a team even - so you would not have to worry in the future about something like this happening. I'm sorry I sound very furious, but I was in a WTF mood.
    I can untangle this and I'm working on it right this moment. Klippy has already offered me his help, I trust his talent greatly over mine, even.

Back