• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you prefer larger or smaller phones?

Years
  • with larger phones seemingly becoming the norm these days, i'm wondering if there are those of you who prefer smaller phones? o: or perhaps there are those of you who prefer larger screen sizes? im curious!

Years
  • I was perfectly fine with 5.5 inch screen phones of 2015-2016 and whatnot, but these days those are hard to find where I'm from. All the Xiaomis, Huaweis, and Oppos, here sell nothing but 6+ inch flagships (at very good prices I might add). As a result I've slowly but surely gotten used to the larger screen size. Absolutely can't use a phone without a grip holder though.

If I had to choose for myself I'd go back to a smaller phone without a doubt.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Smaller phones. I have small hands, so... I'd rather have smaller phones than larger ones? I don't really like large phones, anyway, since I can barely hold them to begin with.

pkmin3033

Well, I'd like something that fits in my pockets so it can't be TOO large, but I'd prefer one a little bigger than what I currently have (iPhone 5S...yes, I know, I'm outdated) if only because I use my phone mostly for Happy Colour and the bigger screen you have for that, the better.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • I used to always get one of the bigger phones, but after breaking my phone in a series of unfortunate alcohol fueled events, I had to buy a phone on a budget and I purchased an iPhone SE. One of the smallest phones I have ever used but I love it. I don't have to worry about how deep the pockets on any clothes I buy are because this phone is tiny so it doesn't matter. I've also found it's been great for my productivity which is odd, but I haven't found myself quite as drawn to using it for extended periods of time. Win-win I guess.. besides the breaking my brand new $1000 phone... that doesn't really fit into the win category.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I was into bigger phones before, but after finding out that my phone can barely fit in my pocket, I begin to think twice, considering how many bigger phones are in phone catalog rn. Ideally I would want a phone that's large, but NOT too large to fit in my pocket.

Bay

Years
  • I prefer larger phones for the larger screens. Since a couple folks mention pockets, the pockets need to get bigger, especially women's pants haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I got used to phones with a larger screen (close to a tablet) so I guess larger phones for me.

And if they have a pen attached to them, a plus!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Ooh this is an important topic, haha!

Even though I could technically hold bigger phones with no trouble, I've always liked more the smaller ones, which I can hold in just one hand, fit in my pockets easily, and hopefully last longer too. In this sense, practicality comes first, as I can do most things on my laptop anyways. And after all, I was the one person with a Sony Xperia compact (which I still loved despite some questionable building choices, like those infamous flaps).
    I can see now why people seem to prefer bigger phones (videos, mobile games, instagram...), and given how the market seems to be right now I wouldn't really mind a "normal" sized phone, but there are still a couple things I don't see myself doing, and that is...

I wouldn't upgrade to a more powerful "pro" version of something if it's mostly about the screen size. Why spend more money for an iPhone pro something when the normal one is more than enough for my use? I also wouldn't get a phone with a low screen to size ratio - if it's so big, at least give me some good reasons why! (And yeah, this is why I apparently prefer the "hole in the screen" camera compared to the "notch"). And... sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but pop-out cameras don't really appeal to me at all. Why get a smaller phone if it decides to grow in size all of a sudden? Just kidding, haha!

Hopefully that explains my position 😃

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • In 2009, I had a flip phone, but I've been spoiling myself with larger phones every 3-4 years. Now I'm up to a phone with a 6+ inch screen and I can't go back to smaller phones. They are just so much better to see everything because my vision gets worse with age. D:

Although larger phones are too big for my pockets, I just keep my phone in my purse.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't have a preference tbh. I mean, I'm quite content with my iPhone 8. If I want something bigger, then that's pretty much why I have my iPad to begin with. My mom has the iPhone 8 Plus, but that's only because she has trouble seeing in one eye due to a non-cancer tumor that was removed etc etc. So, she feels that having a bigger phone helps her more and makes things easier to see. Honestly, I think the bigger the phone is for me, the heavier it is and harder it is for it to fit into my pocket. :|

Years
  • i honestly miss my iphone 5s :( it felt great to hold and wasn't too heavy, meanwhile my current xs still makes me tired to hold pretty quick. i really liked the 7 i had before though, that is probably my ideal size/weight!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Small for sure. I have IPhone 6s and it's tiny compare to my friend's samsung a5. I don't imagine how can he hold it in his pocket :D

Years
  • I found a box with my original iPhone in it, and I can't believe how tiny it was. Like... I'm shook y'all. I currently have the 11 Pro Max and it seems like the perfect fit for me and my large hands.

Back