• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you abuse the cycling road?

Athena

Untitled.
    Years
    I definitely abuse my priviledges... finally. Today it just came to me (I don't know why it didn't till now) that I could just go on the cycling road by Eterna and easily get lots of steps for hatching my eggs... with half the work! Going down you don't have to press anything! How simple and awesome is that? xDD

Before then... I practically never used the thing. Now it's my savoir! xD! *giggle*

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I did this back in the old games, it was always the easy way to hatch eggs. But I do find that the D/P Cycle Road is significantly shorter than the one in LG/FR.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
    I was going to say, the cycling road isn't as long as the others were, is it? But either way that's a good thought, I forgot you didn't have to press anything. I'll definetly be heading there when I start breeding XD

Years
    Ye it is a lot easier. I havn't started hatching eggs as such yet. I want to complete the game and all that first. Then i will, i though about going here before and it is all good so i will ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    Nah, it's really crappy for hatching eggs, because not only is it short, it ends early. So If you hold up for too long, you won't go back down, which just annoys me.

I just use the path right next to the daycare. 200~ steps and I can easily get fresh eggs. :D

Richard

Wildlife Warrior
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    I just use the path right next to the daycare. 200~ steps and I can easily get fresh eggs. :D

This.

It's really great if you want a certain nature or gender because you can pick up the new eggs and hatch them in rapid succession .

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    It seems as if they put a long stretch of unobstructed road next to these daycares on purpose. How nice of them :)

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Most of the time I use the daycare path thingy. But if I'm lazy I just get on the cycling road, so I don't have to move that much. XD

OMG Andy, is that you?!? I wouldn't expect to see you here. XD

I usually use Hearthome City for hatching my eggs, so I pretty much always move.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    Yea, i just stick to the Daycare path, it's right next to the daycare, which allows you to get out your eggs right as soon as they make them.
    the Cycling road is too short and doesn't make it much faster.

Years
    This.

It's really great if you want a certain nature or gender because you can pick up the new eggs and hatch them in rapid succession .

= = Check serebii for step count for a certain egg. reset your poketch step counter. Keep running until you are 50-10 steps from hatching. Save game, keep on hatching till you get what you want. End of story

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
    = = Check serebii for step count for a certain egg. reset your poketch step counter. Keep running until you are 50-10 steps from hatching. Save game, keep on hatching till you get what you want. End of story

That doesn't work.
    In D/P, the Pokemon is finalized when you pick up the egg.
    So if I save before hatching a Gible egg, and it comes out a Modest Female, it will keep coming out a Modest Female no matter how many times I reset and try again.

Years
    I use the daycare path as well. Sure, you have to work a little more, but it's much longer to me. Besides, I'm too lazy to bike to the bicycle road anyway since I have to go to my PC to get my Chatot to fly me places. I'd rather stay nearby.

I've used it though, mainly when trying to hatch my Happiny egg. That took forever. ~~;

Richard

Wildlife Warrior
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    That doesn't work.
    In D/P, the Pokemon is finalized when you pick up the egg.
    So if I save before hatching a Gible egg, and it comes out a Modest Female, it will keep coming out a Modest Female no matter how many times I reset and try again.

I had to find that out the hard way after resetting my game 30+ times trying to get a female Charmander for a trade.

If only I had thought of checking the nature sooner:P.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    After you beat the E4 you can catch a Camerupt at the base of the volcano. If he has "magma armor" Seribii states that that ability will hatch eggs in half the time. I've tried it out and it seems to work, though I haven't done the hard number crunch.

Back