• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon- Not given enough credit?

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
    I remember watching the original series. I used to love it compared to pokemon which was entering the endless filler saga. It had an engaging story and I actually cared about everyone in it.

Didnt keep up with it after the third season but Ive heard it lost its touch lately.

You should give Digimon Frontier and Digimon Savers a try, they're really good seasons, plus they have been fully english dubbed.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    from the first time i saw digimon, it just felt more mature than pokemon, maybe it was because every episode was different and didn't have the same dumb plot to it but it just felt like a better show

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Digimon is not my type except I like the Digimon Palamon so it thus became my user name I can't think of anything else anyway :p.
    Back on topic: Digimon anime is kind of stupid when they digivolve so I don't like it that much certain episodes are stupid and childish like Pokemon episodes.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It does make it feel a bit silly when the Digimon talk.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    I used to rage when I missed an episode as a kid, that's how much I loved it.

Digimon is hugely underrated compared to Pokemon, only 5 seasons. At least It was possible to watch 50 episodes a season. Pokemon is just really dragged out lately, each 100+ pokemon they pull out have less and less awesome Pokemon...

Season 1 was definately the best. The characters always had some stupid one liner to say no matter what, and you had to laugh at some of them. They were always fighting a new enemy, the digivolutions were cool (Especially warp digivolution). Season 2 was slightly less awesome, mainly because I don't like the new characters and armour digivolution. There were also lots of inconsistencies...

Season 3... I used to hate this season because it had pretty much nothing to do with the last 2 seasons, but after re - watching it, I saw it as a good season, but it was a sharp decline for digimon.

Season 4... Was pretty much the worst, because of the whole human is digimon thing, but it wasn't all bad. Bokomon and Neemon were decent comic - relief.

And season 5, get past Agumons annoying voice, Marcus' 'Fighting Time!' and Gaomon's 'sir yes sir!' and you have a newly revived digimon series. I just wish they kept Agumon's original digivolution line, it was much better.

Wow, I sound like a loser...

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Season 3... I used to hate this season because it had pretty much nothing to do with the last 2 seasons, but after re - watching it, I saw it as a good season, but it was a sharp decline for digimon.
    I think that Season 3 suffered a lot from the commonly held idea that "it sucks because it's different." Frankly, I think that its diversion from the earlier two seasons was not only well handled, but also necessary. Season 2 didn't leave any doors open at the end, it was definitely finished. Trying to continue that story would end up being unbearably forced. I admit that I stopped watching Digimon for a long time after Season 3 came out, but after watching it as a teenager I think it's a significant improvement over its predecessors. I absolutely loved how it dropped the traditional Good vs. Evil mindset and went for something that was genuinely mature. I think that Impmon might be the best developed character in the entire Digimon multiverse.

Years
    Digimon totally pwns Pokemon anime wise. It's a lot more mature, and not to mention it actually has a point that changes every series rather than the old lets-get-them-thar-gym-badges-and-then-get-bruatlly-murdered-in-the-Pokemon League. But yes, being released alongside Pokemon is probably what screwed it over.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    also pokemon had a lot of other stuff like cards and movies. digimon had them too but there were no where near as successful as pokemon. the movie was pretty good except it was a 2-part movie and I think that ruined it. Both the storylines could have been stretched to be one feature length movie.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
    also pokemon had a lot of other stuff like cards and movies. digimon had them too but there were no where near as successful as pokemon. the movie was pretty good except it was a 2-part movie and I think that ruined it. Both the storylines could have been stretched to be one feature length movie.

Digimon actually has 7-9 movies that have been english dubbed.

Back