• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS planning

Years
    We're slowly getting to the point where we should talk about CSS for official threads.

We (or someone who can actually make nice CSS threads) have to make graphics for the points. I have 2 versions on mind: One simple with Pikachu head, Eevee head and some kind of mashup (for total points) and points written underneath (similar to the last year's GT's points per house) or create 3 different "experience" bars that would fill with points. These bars should have visible mark for new clues.

Then there is one thread with GT discussion, which could have its own CSS. Or we can re-use the one already made. But I would rather use it on announcing thread.

I also want to make interactive "clue board" where I would like to put all the known clues and story events.

Oh and what about the badges under the name like last year? Would that make sense? It could. Users could decide who they want support - Pikachu or Eevee and get badge based on that.

Is there anything else I forgot about?

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't think you missed anything no.
    I can do the css in an emergency (probably not the clue board) but there's people way better at it than me so I'd say let one of them do that.

Years
    Sorry I've just been converting the widths and heights to max-width and min-height respectively when I see them fjskdbdkdm

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Just going to offer some backup help if it's needed. :)

Years
    Just going to offer some backup help if it's needed. :)
    Do you think you could do something like this?
    We (or someone who can actually make nice CSS threads) have to make graphics for the points. I have 2 versions on mind: One simple with Pikachu head, Eevee head and some kind of mashup (for total points) and points written underneath (similar to the last year's GT's points per house) or create 3 different "experience" bars that would fill with points. These bars should have visible mark for new clues.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Do you think you could do something like this?

I'm fairly sure I can do that but I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You want me to make small pictures of a Pikachu and Eevee head to represent points?

Also, I can make experience bars, but they would need to be manually updated and cannot be automatic or run the same way LoP is run.

Lastly, what theme do you want me to go with? Like, what's the color scheme I should shoot for? Any images I should use? etc. I need a little more creative direction to work from.

Years
    I'm fairly sure I can do that but I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You want me to make small pictures of a Pikachu and Eevee head to represent points?
    Do you remember how it was done last years? There was a art of the Pokémon with the points written underneath them. I think it can be easily just by using Pokémon Shuffle sprites, but only problem is with total points as I'm not sure what could represent that.

Also, I can make experience bars, but they would need to be manually updated and cannot be automatic or run the same way LoP is run.

Lastly, what theme do you want me to go with? Like, what's the color scheme I should shoot for? Any images I should use? etc. I need a little more creative direction to work from.
    I know they will have to be updated manually, but I think it shouldn't be that bad to update them once per day. But I made this to show you how I imagined them when I talked about them. As for the color scheme I would go with Yellow/Black for Pikachu and Brown/Cream for Eevee and some kind of mix for both:
    CSS planning

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oohhhh okay I see what you mean now. Let me try to play with it because I think I can actually make something fancy here! Do I have a deadline?

Years
    By any chance, do you mean something like this? Bc if Jo can provide graphics :OOO
    I just happened to remember that I have an exp bar created for plat 2's recruitment thread so I repurposed it
    ofc this uses percentages for values..... x:

CSS planning
    Reach me at 25%!
    Reach me at 25%!
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 50%!
    Reach me at 50%!
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 80%!

PIKACHU

CSS planning
    Reach me at 25%!
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 50%!
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 80%!

EEVEE

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    omg that is so much better than anything i could have made PLEASE USE THAT :OOO

Years
    Yee, any particular pokemon needed? Or suggestion for goal markers aha
    I'm not sure. If you could find Team Rocket logo or some fitting grunt/admin sprite, that should be enough. Otherwise re-use Pikachu and Eevee again. Maybe putting them next to each other as one marker?

Years
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 80%!
    Reach me at 80%!
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 100%!
    Reach me at 100%!

TEAM ROCKET

CSS planning
    Reach me at 33%!
    Reach me at 33%!
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 66%!
    Reach me at 66%!
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 100%!

PIKACHU

CSS planning
    Reach me at 33%!
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 66%!
    CSS planning
    Reach me at 100%!

EEVEE

Last edited:
    Years
    couldn't find a fitting logo sprite so i used a grunt -> admin (giovanni) instead :'D
    edit - we can still add more markers to it theoretically

I also want to make interactive "clue board" where I would like to put all the known clues and story events.
    also can u explain this?

Last edited:
    Years
    also can u explain this?
    Not sure how to describe it, but I have a draft of the code here. It still need some work, but I hope the idea behind it is clear:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back