• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Club forums are closing down.

Years
    Hello, everyone!

As the title says, we've decided to close down the club forums - this includes both Pokemon Clubs and Fan Clubs. There's a variety of reasons for this, which admittedly those forums' overall activity is one; but other big reasons include that we feel like it's not beneficial to this site as a whole to keep having topics nestled away in clubs when they could easily fit into other subforums that could also use the activity. Or to have club threads that could potentially take discussions away from similar threads elsewhere. Basically, that it's better to consolidate things than to keep them split like that.

BUT!!

Do not fear, as threads that currently reside in these clubs are not gone forever. We do know that the actual clubs mean things to people, so any currently active clubs will be rehomed into another forum appropriate to their topic, to allow people to still participate in them. As for the inactive ones: the forums are set to be archived, and older threads will still be viewable. If your club was not a currently active one and yet was still made within the past two months and you wish for it to be moved out, then feel free to message hstaff about getting it moved.

o/

Years
    I always knew the section was going to eventually fall, and during my time as an active face of Pokemon Clubs I always had a strong feeling there were topics that could have easily belonged elsewhere.

But anyways, as for the three mods who served the section proud during my time as an active face (Squirrel, Olli, Wiicked), your efforts will never be forgotten.

Years
    I understand the reasons but this makes me very sad :( I'm glad we can keep our current clubs though. Just to clarify, will new clubs be able to be made if they're more clubby than thready or will it be plain threads only?

Reactions: Sun

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    It's bittersweet for me considering getting modded in PoC opened the door for many other opportunities on PC. I've enjoyed my time there and I'm happy for all the things that came out of it.

Years
    And in case if some don't know, the sections the clubs are getting moved to will have a new Club prefix for threads there.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I understand the reasons but this makes me very sad :( I'm glad we can keep our current clubs though. Just to clarify, will new clubs be able to be made if they're more clubby than thready or will it be plain threads only?

I already PM'd Jess about it as well as I'm concerned too, thing is if our clubs are plain threads (even with the forum tags/label). Then we will have to follow the rules of Pokemon General completely and strictly, meaning our conversation are far more restricted, at least according to the current rules of Pokemon General.

Staff, allow us to use the current PoC Feedback Tthread as our farewell and gratitude thread, pretty please? That thread will be no longer needed anyway.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8987239#post8987239

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I think i might faint...like right now...at this moment...yep here it comes

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    You know I don't know why we just couldn't combine both sections and just make it one and put it in the General section and see how it does.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You know I don't know why we just couldn't combine both sections and just make it one and put it in the General section and see how it does.

Forgive my harsh words, it's gonna 'a waste of space', if they do that.

Further more, the clubs overlap with the current existing sections -- for example, the elemental type clubs and the legendary clubs would be better under Pokemon General.

There are a lot of reasons for the decision and we were discussing this as a possibility for many months so rest assured it wasn't something decided on on a whim.

The clubs forums' activity has dwindled considerably over time and discussions are often repetitive - PoC has been especially affected by this. As a somewhat long-time regular I've watched clubs be opened for posting, the same topics repeated again and again due to obvious discussion limitations, and eventually closed down due to owner inactivity/disinterest. It was a rapid cycle. Clubs were remade so often that users got exhausted of constantly having to re-sign up and answer the same topics and, over time, activity only continued to plummet despite efforts of the very few active regulars (which only seemed to decrease in number).

Clubs as their own forums simply became too niche. Active members are difficult to replace and regardless of club topic popularity there just wasn't enough interest in the forums to keep them separate. Staff have tried various things to bring life to both PoC and FC&G over time so I can absolutely guarantee everyone that this was a very hard decision for everyone and didn't come with no attempts on our side. Sustaining activity was difficult when much of the community did not have interest and wasn't willing to meet us halfway.

To clarify, majority of the Pokémon type clubs will be moved into Pokémon General and (most likely) discussion will carry on just as it has in PoC. Unless your Pokémon club is focused specifically on the anime/TCG/etc it will stay in PGen and carry on with its usual discussions as PGen is a catch-all type of Pokémon forum unless a thread specifically fits better elsewhere. You can expect each forum to have its own set of rules for club threads.

I'm down to answer any questions about this change and am hopeful users will be able to adjust. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I''ll welcome this as best I can. Clubs was where I started out on PC. It is and always will be the reason I'm here and while it's sad to see it officially gone, I'm happy about the possible increase in club activity over in the General section. We'll always have the clubs community in a... "virtual" clubs section that exists in our minds :p

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    I guess that means we started too late trying to save the PoC subforum. Hopefully the clubs will be visited more now they're embedded in other sections. If not, I had at least a lot of fun for the time it lasted. Thanks to all the regulars and mods! You're great!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    :(

Can't say that I wasn't surprised this would happen someday but that doesn't make it any less sad. Pokemon Clubs was and still remains as my favourite board on PC and I've made so many memories in the almost four or so years its been since I've started posting there. I don't even know what's more unreal; the fact that people didn't question my opinion that Magnemite was cute because it had a slenderman like face or that people put up with all the bad jokes and puns I've made related to electric or other types of pokemon through the years. I've met so many incredible people through clubs and the stories such as Venusaur as a frog, the adventures of a psychopathic neighbour through the pokemon universe and the blob club that me and Tom owned for about for half a minute wouldn't have happened if any of you weren't there.

Knowing that there were people out there who liked Harry Potter, Doctor Who and a lot of my favourite fictional characters was incredibly cool too. To anyone who liked the 10th Doctor or the Marauders and the Weasley Twins; you're especially great. It'll be a bit weird seeing clubs elsewhere but I get the decision. Will still miss both the boards a lot though!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Club forums are closing down.

i kinda felt it would happen eventually but tbh seeing them gone will hurt, coz ive spent like 1 to 2 years with PoC, and the next 2 years or so with FCG and it pains me to see the forums that I've grown with are gonna be archived... Even though I moved on to saltier pastures, there's nothing that will hurt more than losing things that you love... And even if clubs are still there, it still wouldnt be the same :(

Thank you Clubs... You are the reason why I stuck with PC for the first 4 years of my PC life, and the reason why I haven't left. You will always be remembered in my heart.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Don't think many can say they were around during the Mixed Community Groups Era. I'm still friends with two of the people I met there in 2006. I lost contact with them for a few years and now we talk again. I met the one that has lived in the same city as me all that time earlier this year. It was like nothing changed. Pretty sure MCG is why I stayed at PC in the first few years, so shootouts to the past: may, tali, Rene, Jae, saba, Shayla, shika, dude I forgot name of and got annoyed whenever I forgot him, drummershuff, chi, pinky, Macy, A-one, Marz, umm.. Yeah I met too many people there and I can't remember the names of everyone but it was a p special section back in the early days for me. Rip section but memories will never be forgotten.

Altaria and typhlosion club + Poochyena and mightyena club the best

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ben has 6666 posts. Lol Oh and 4 clubs, four active clubs, so lucky you and Ashley. :)

Club forums are closing down.

i kinda felt it would happen eventually but tbh seeing them gone will hurt, coz ive spent like 1 to 2 years with PoC, and the next 2 years or so with FCG and it pains me to see the forums that I've grown with are gonna be archived... Even though I moved on to saltier pastures, there's nothing that will hurt more than losing things that you love... And even if clubs are still there, it still wouldnt be the same :(

Thank you Clubs... You are the reason why I stuck with PC for the first 4 years of my PC life, and the reason why I haven't left. You will always be remembered in my heart.

No worries, the PoC clubs are mainly relocated in 2 sections. You can click the Club prefix/category in PGen soon and you'll get a pseudo-PoC. :B

I can't wait for my clubs to get transferred. I wonder if the change of environment's gonna bring new chemistry to our clubs. ^_^ A bit nervous on working with Brendino, since I don't know much about him, haha. Hopefully all is well!

Back