• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Class is boring! What do you do?

Kelp

<3
Years
  • How do you guys get away with playing video games in class? =O

Well, as someone else said, I just do my homework in class. All the more reason to not do it at home. :D

And I sometimes find myself drifting off, but I don't sleep completely. I witnessed a kid get nabbed for sleeping during a video (it was dark, who could blame 'em?). I don't want to be the next victim. :X

Years
  • During high school, I never had issues with nearly falling asleep. When I was bored, I either wrote my stories, read a book (in rare cases), or did homework. Never really got in trouble for any of it. :)

In college, certain classes were so warm and cozy, I nearly did sleep in a few of them. My sleeping schedule sucked. Sometimes I'd skip classes if I knew I'd just fall asleep during them; what's the point in going if I'm just going to snooze when I can do it at the dorm where I'd have a bed? Oddly, in college, I was too busy taking notes to distract myself. It was a shame, I would've loved to get writing done.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Through grade school I used to draw, though back in those days I didn't find class too terribly boring.

In college, I've increasingly found the need to play my DS in class because of the boredom level. Fortunately the professors themselves are too bored to care :P

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Ah well, sometimes I drift into space when I'm bored of learning near the end of the day. XD Its not that I fall asleep or anything, its just my mind likes to wonder around, not paying attention to anything at all. V_V Yeah, sometimes when the teacher asks me a question about math I go: "Uh...42?" and she just turns away. u_u

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    In Webpage Design, which is more like Internet Journalism, I visit Pokecommunity!

When I don't have access to the internet, I usually just read my textbooks. History textbooks have some interesting stuff. No textbook, then I just sit there and vegetate. It really sucks.

I witnessed a kid get nabbed for sleeping during a video (it was dark, who could blame 'em?).
    Heh, in 10th grade, I fell asleep during a video. I didn't really mean to, though. Thankfully, my teacher is extremely understanding and awesome that she didn't really care. My friend Selina told me I snore really loud, though. But it was dark and I was full from lunch. And the video wasn't too exciting either. It was a film in French.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I have almost drifted to sleep in my computer apps class once since it's so early in the morning. But my classmates are um...interesting enough to keep the class alive.

Years
    • Seen today
    I often practice my signature when I'm in class and bored. Either that, or I sketch.

I've come to realize that if you don't look up and you're bored, the instructor won't look at you and ask you a question relating to the lesson. At least for me.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • If a class is boring I sometimes daydream about random stuff.
    Or I can draw something if I don't feel like daydreaming.
    But I usually don't sleep. Who knows what the students in my classes can do to me.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • At college, sometimes we have computers, and if I'm sneaky enough I just sneak onto other sites. The system patrols the computers and gives you warnings if they find you on facebook or other sites.......

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    When I'm usually bored in class, I tend to start a paper-chat with my seatmate. One of my teacher actually caught us. xD; But she didn't scold us.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, third period I'd get on the computer and do random crap. Mostly watch the same music videos on YouTube. Fourth period, I slept a lot; mostly because the teacher would go off-topic instead of talking about math, which he should've have been doing. Needless to say, I'm fairly sure I failed fourth period. I'm also fairly sure I passed third period. I had a C in that class doing nothing at all.

I'm a slacker, procrastinator, and just plain bad at school. Must do good this semester! MUST!

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I am in college, so I have 3 hour classes every weekday except for Friday where I have 6 hour classes. As you can imagine, it gets insanely boring.

My favourite pass-time? Eating.
    If I have something to munch on, class seems to go by quicker and it's a lot easier to handle. But, I do find myself wasting too much money on food. :-)

Years
  • In high school, what I would do is talk to my friends or get on my phone when bored during class. Or..I'd ask to leave. XD;
    Now, I'm just on my computer during class when it gets boring. In my government class, I'd talk to my friends, or whatever, or..I'd get on facebook/PC/IRC/etc.
    However, if I can't use my computer, I'd get on my phone.

Or, I'd pay attention. It depended on the class, really.

Hope

:d
    Years
  • When I'm sleepy I first drink water and then start drawing on the paper. If that doesn't work, I go to the bathroom and try to splash my face with cold water. Walking to the bathroom also kinda wakes me up. :)

Years
  • I usually get bored in Human Geography cuz of the constant discussions about things we've done already or just doesn't grab my interest and to avoid sleeping I look outside or look through my notebook.

In Biology, I don't fight it. I've renamed Biology 'nap-time'

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • If I'm bored in class I half doze off into daydreamming mode, and half listen. I don't get called on usually so it's not like I have to really worry much I think I shld tho lol... (^^')

Back