• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ash new firetype ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    I think Magby sounds like the best possible answer. It would make sense since both of his rivals (Gary and ...Paul) have an Elekid.

I personally want him to bring back Cyndaquil. Why not? He did bring back Phanpy for the Battle Frontier...

gary has an electivire , and i dont think he will cause ,then he would have 2 evolve all the starters that had not evolved

Last edited:

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    Key, i dont think theres a very big possibility of cyndy comin back, he wants to start fresh. Hopefully, he wont do like in Kanto and just get enough pokes to get by, but do like he did in Johto and Kanto, and catch a bunch.

Anyways, i'm pretty sure brock is going to get Chimchar, but if not, then ash'll get him. If not Chimchar, then i dunno. In the anime, they never show or go into very much detail about the trading evos, so i'm pretty sure he wont get a magby to evolve into a magmar then to the next evo to have a 4th gen poke, which is part of the reason he went to sinnoh. So there are three possibilities left, he catches a 1, 2, or 3 gen fire poke, or he goes without a fire poke, OR he takes a fire poke from the poke coral, which i totally doubt, so i dunno

@ Neo shadow: I just checked bulbapedia, it says nothing but that Paul has a Chimchar and where it was first seen.

so: NO ONE KNOWS YET WHO IS GETTING THE CHIMCHAR, SO STOP SAYING WHO DOES AND WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE CHIMCHAR, NO ONE KNOWS YET!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Chibaymega12

Years
    well i'm startin to lean toward cyndiquil a little, because on serebii, there is a Quilava on the next episode picture, so maybe, or it could just be another trainer's poke

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Ash's team: approved by me.
    Pikachu
    Ambipom
    Skuntank
    Grotle
    Staraptor
    Lucario

Years
    well i'm startin to lean toward cyndiquil a little, because on serebii, there is a Quilava on the next episode picture, so maybe, or it could just be another trainer's poke
    Unless it evolved offscreen, which I highly doubt, I don't think Ash's will come back for one episode and evolve. It's probably someone elses.

Chibaymega12

Years
    yeah, i think he prolly will go without a fire type for this one unless he gets chimchar, which i think is the likeliest possibility, but then he'd be one short from the whole 3 starter set........ i REALLY want him to get chimchar, but i guess we'll find out

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I hope it's Cyndaquil, however unlikely. It could be Magby, because of Paul/Shinjis' Elekid and Garys' Electivire. But Quilava is such an awesome Pokemon and is in a future episode (which might not be Ashs' though.) Quilava all the way!

Last edited:

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    @ Cosmic: I meant the Elekid line in general.

Key, i dont think theres a very big possibility of cyndy comin back, he wants to start fresh. Hopefully, he wont do like in Kanto and just get enough pokes to get by, but do like he did in Johto and Kanto, and catch a bunch.

Anyways, i'm pretty sure brock is going to get Chimchar, but if not, then ash'll get him. If not Chimchar, then i dunno. In the anime, they never show or go into very much detail about the trading evos, so i'm pretty sure he wont get a magby to evolve into a magmar then to the next evo to have a 4th gen poke, which is part of the reason he went to sinnoh. So there are three possibilities left, he catches a 1, 2, or 3 gen fire poke, or he goes without a fire poke, OR he takes a fire poke from the poke coral, which i totally doubt, so i dunno

@ Neo shadow: I just checked bulbapedia, it says nothing but that Paul has a Chimchar and where it was first seen.

so: NO ONE KNOWS YET WHO IS GETTING THE CHIMCHAR, SO STOP SAYING WHO DOES AND WHO DOESN'T HAVE THE CHIMCHAR, NO ONE KNOWS YET!!!!!!!!

I said I would "want" him to come back.

Also, you're contradicting yourself. At the bottom of your post you boldy tell people to stop saying who they think will get Chimchar yet you go throughout your post talking about who you think will get Chimchar. The large text was not necessary either.
    Besides, this thread is about Ash, not Brock. Although I do agree with you that it is unlikely he will get Cyndaquil back even though I would like to see it return.

Either way, Magby seems like a high possibility IMO.

Chibaymega12

Years
    well, it didn't come out as i would have liked, i meant to say that it is likely, but everyone else was saying that they found that Dawn got Chimchar on a website and someone else said that they found on a site that brock was, and i was just gettin confused

anyways, i think the three most likely possibilities are Magby, Cyndiquil, and Chimchar. But the thing i wouldn't like about him getting Magby or Cyndiquil, is that he, like i mentioned before, is prolly going to get just enough pokemon to get by, and that would just leave enough space for 4 Sinnoh pokemon, because, once again as i mentioned before, even if magby does evolve to magmar, he wouldn't evolve to the next evo because it requires the Magma boost and trading, and they get into that into the anime. So i dunno, of course i wouldn't mind if he got a magby or bring back Cynidquil and catch more pokemon than he needs, and i'm pretty sure Prof. Oak wouldn't be too happy with Ash if he came back with three Sinnoh pokemon.....

Alright, i'm going to get the commercial for the next episode of diamond and pearl, so we'll know soon if it's ash's Quilava

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    o.k this is just a possibility but
    i seen on serebii that the next episode has a quilava guest star.
    maybe its ashes ??? lol

@key
    my bad =(
    hay we all make mistakes =)

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    o.k this is just a possibility but
    i seen on serebii that the next episode has a quilava guest star.
    maybe its ashes ??? lol

@key
    my bad =(
    hay we all make mistakes =)

It's ok. I understand. ^^

Anyway, yeah I did see that Quilava on Serebii. Perhaps the likliness of Ash's Cyndaquil returning is higher than we thought. Of course it could be someone else's but wouldn't it be more likely for them to have a Sinnoh pokemon? They are in Sinnoh after all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    It's ok. I understand. ^^

Anyway, yeah I did see that Quilava on Serebii. Perhaps the likliness of Ash's Cyndaquil returning is higher than we thought. Of course it could be someone else's but wouldn't it be more likely for them to have a Sinnoh pokemon? They are in Sinnoh after all.

thats what i thought , but pokemon is such a mystery these days , you can never predict it

Chibaymega12

Years
    it turns out that quilava is attacking Ash and Dawn's pokes, oh wells

im not sure, i really think he will go without a fire poke this time

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Yeah, a guy with a Croconaw and a guy with Quilava vs Dawn and Ash. Oh well.

Jompa

Turtwig Trainer
    Years
    It's a shame Ash didn't evolve Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Totodile and Cyndaquil. I always pictured that Totodile was going to evolve, don't know why, just thought it would be more likely.

But why did Ash stop to catch starters? hope he gets Chimchar, miss that Ash caught them all.

Back