• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you interested in Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I thought it would be neat to ask this in a non pokemon section. Because I would assume there are those who scroll the forum despite declined interest in the series. (like me sometimes).

Not that I dislike Pokemon, but I usually bounce to other games after I finish the story and fail to keep up with the DLC's and such. I might go back and play a Pokemon game later just to cure an itch. After deciding which generation I want to go for.

Days
I am pretty much interested in Pokemon only, as it is the only game which I play, which includes playing in mobile as well. Don't play any other games as such, but the games apart from Pokemon are common games falling in categories of Arcade or 2d-side scroller, which indeed are not considered as games by the gaming community😅

I am playing Pokemon from so long time that, I couldn't tend to forget it, anyhow !

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
I would say I've got a moderate interest in Pokemon. I can and will certainly skip a game if one comes out that doesn't look enjoyable for me, but otherwise I tend to play at least the main series games. Though I don't really have interest in anything else like the anime, cards, comics, spinoffs, etc. I'd label my interest at a 4/10.

Years
Definitely! I play GO and Sleep daily, play all the main games on release, and still watch the anime. I'd say my interest is pretty high, even if it's not as high as Unova days.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
Years
I always have an interest in it, from my early TCG and anime phase in the early 2000s to the movies in the 2010s but the games have never gone away. Nothing else have roped me in longer and passionately than this.

Years
Pokemon is pretty much 90% of my games lol. I like Pokemon and i generally enjoy most of the games. Pokemon is a vast game, if you try to grasp the different aspects of it: competitive, Pokédex, shiny hunting, lore, ecc. I try to keep an eye on all and try them from time to time. But, at the same time, if a game that i really don't like comes out, i'm not gonna buy it.

Years
I have some interest, but I feel like I've played my fill of the older games and just don't jive with the newer ones (Gen 8+). I also can't seem to get into the other forms of media like the anime or TCG; maybe this is a function of me getting older, but they just feel so repetitive and simple when I try them. I mainly browse the forum for the AWESOME community and people. Although I admit I'm actually getting kinda excited for Legends ZA, I've been burned with SV, but it seems like they're turning a new leaf with the next game and I have a ton of nostalgia for Kalos...

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
I've been interested in Pokemon since 2010 and I don't think my love for the franchise will ever go away. Of course it isn't perfect by any means, but I'm eternally grateful for all it has done for my life. I just wish I could play any of the Switch games, but alas I don't have a Switch (still). I don't know too much about gen 8, and even less about gen 9, and it honestly feels a bit weird to not know stuff about my favorite franchise. Like I have no clue what Paradox Pokemon are and I keep hearing about them everywhere.

Years
There's quite a few games I'd rather play, but like... Pokemon usually always makes a resurgence sooner or later.
My interest lies solely with the Pokemon themselves though. The rest of the games are usually pretty lackluster after all.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
I'm interested in it, but not so much that I play nothing but Pokemon. I'd say around a third to a fifth of my time gaming involves Pokemon in some form, depending on how many other games I'm playing at the time.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Yes. Probably ranks second for favorite franchises (behind Fire Emblem). Comes pretty close on number of playthroughs per game, thanks to this forum. Played Pokemon for far more hours than Fire Emblem, however, because of postgame stuff.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I am very much still interested! I keep up with the new games that come out and am looking for to Z-A (whatever it turns out to be exactly).

There's no shame in remaining on a forum when your interest in the main subject has waned, though. I've certainly done that on other forums.

Years
Less and less to be honest. I still play the games from time to time to do some challenge in them, but otherwise I feel like I'm out of touch with the rest of the franchise. I still play Pokémon GO almost daily, but that's as close as I get to Pokémon nowadays.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Since 2017, basically after I graduated, I have been trying to open up my interests because I know the reason why I had been losing interest in Pokemon a few years before was because I felt I exposed myself too much on it.

Some interests I tried to get included other video game series, cartoons, and even forgotten cartoons especially if I happened to remember them.

And as for this year, I gained a new interest… and that is my webcomic that I had been planning out for a long time. And I'm trying to get more interested in that.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Nostalgic mostly. But I do still play the TCG competitively

Back