• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alakazam Advice

Corranhorn

Jedi Trainer
    Years
    I have a lvl. 20 Kadabra right now that recently evolved. Should I trade him to evolve into Alakazam now or should I wait? Do his stats grow stronger if I evolve him at this level as an Alakazam?

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    Unlike you dislike having a strong Pokemon, I suggest evolve now.

It won't make much difference, he learns Calm Mind instead of Roleplay at level 34, and Calm Mind > Roleplay.

So, evolve now.

Corranhorn

Jedi Trainer
    Years
    sounds good thanks for you advice.

Iif I need someone to trade it back and forth with me to get him to evolve, should I go about that on the GTS forum or somewhere else to find someone to make the wi-fi trade with?

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    I read in another thread that if you put your poke on the GTS and take him back he'll evolve.

Just ask for something that nobody would ever give like a Lv.100 Darkrai. Even better ask for a Lv.1 Darkrai since you can't get one of those just as insurance that your poke won't get snatched.

I wouldn't worry too much though because he'll only be there for a second.

I have yet to do this myself but the thread was over 10 pages long and from what i can tell it worked fine. The only peeps who had trouble were the ones that didn't follow the extra stipulations like Gligar -> Gliscor needs the Razor Fang + Nighttime.

If you do this can you post back the results here to get a solid conformation for this site?

Good Luck.

Back