• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Direction

Chaskis Sato

Always Chasing the Night.
    Years
    I think its time for the pokemon games to take a new direction.(Hey, hence the name of the thread)

What I mean is that maybe you could change the style of the RPG.
    ~Create your own pokemon~
    ~Your pokemon would be one of three pokemon you can have, and if you have more than four you have to give one up or give it away to another pokemon, maybe for a price or maybe for exchange of items.~
    ~The battle system could be more like the Safari Zone, as you start a battle your trainer is battling and can throw rocks, go closer, and send out a pokemon(Which is the only main difference from the Safari Zone)~
    ~Have a plot that keeps you wondering and wanting to play more.~

I am NOT trying to start another fire red, and leaf green idea thread!

Do you think these are some changes that you would like? Why or Why not? you tell me.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Gosh tough thread to place.... guess this is the best place! hmmm nice ideas, I think the best way to improve a pokemon GBA game would be to be able to move in 8 directions though :p diagonal movement would save so much time.

Last edited:

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    Personally, I think the Pokemon game really needs to update their graphics scheme, I know they can do better than this. I mean, look at the Golden Sun series..

I guess another direction Pokemon games could take is amped up difficulty levels. I'm not saying make the trainers have higher level pokemon than you do but rather expand the battle system to new heights. I'm sure there are many constants they could introduce like fatigue or power meters of some sort. To me, doing something like that would greatly increase the games playability and or replay value.

Zento

Mushroom God
    Years
    Interesting topic. I like it.

Yeah, the graphics do need to be improved, I definately agree, but yet, the lil' super deformed pixel characters have always been rather cute to me. *laugh*

I wished there was a feature on where you can choose your own trainer. Like fer'instance, you could be a cool trainer, ninja boy, Pok?mon fan, ect.... Or, better yet! Design your own! That'd be uber rad!

Accessories for your Pok?mon would be a nifty idea too. Like bows, hats, scarves, heck, even little sweaters! :P

Little fun mini-games would be lovely as well. Or competitions other than the contests. Like races, wrestling matches, and other similar things for the Pok?mon to do.

Heh... :B

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    It belongs in Pokemon Game Boy games, I'm sure. =P The section for anything related to them, and this would fall into that category. *moved* Sorry for all of the confusion, Chaskis Sato.

Last edited:
    Years
    My idea is have 4 worlds houenn, jhoto, kanto and the 9 islands. You can make your own character (like in the sims busitin out) It will have wireless support (frlg) where everyone is playing. Like you are playing and your best friend suddenly challenges you (how cool!). There would be a thing where you can build a house or secret base. The battle system could be more like the Safari Zone, as you start a battle your trainer is battling and can throw rocks, go closer, and send out a pokemon (if you have any). There would be SMART computer npc's who actually have names and a look and feel to them. They would actually catch Pokemon.
    Team Rocket would have to be there somehow... maybe you could join them...
    It wouldnt be compatable with the old games of course (STUPID NINTENDO).
    ill add more soon...

Strider

Not Pwnd
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2006
    - Harder Gym Leaders/Trainers/Elite Four
    - Fairer Battle. If your opponent only have two Pokemon, you can only use two pokemon etc
    - Better Side-plot. While, I don't see them moving away from beat the Pokemon leauge storyline, surely they can put up better plotlines.

Years
    maybe a chose your own path game where beating the elite4 is a side quest... nintnedo will decide. maybe i should send these ideas to them...

Years
    • Seen today
    that'd be a cool game to pick your own path because i know not everyone want to be a trainer.

KingpiN

Pok?mon: Magmar
    Years
    I think that a plot is needed. I mean a REAL plot, not the crapy ones from the actual games.

The graphics could be better i guess.....animation for the pkmns could be done too.

I dont know =/

Salu2

Back