• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Hero's Curse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
Years
  • Awww, another fire-user... -_- Sigh... And another "gets more powerful when pissed off/enraged" ..."user." I guess they aren't too original of a power, though, so I probably shouldn't complain :P Alas, my nature is telling me to do so o_O; Nyah, I'm weird, aren't I? If we are all in one "party" type thing, then I can think of some combo-esc things :D . And more people means less of a chance I'll die! Yippee! >And be warned, if I die, I'm pretty sure I will cheese it up. Not on purpose or anything, I'm just like that. Err, yeah. ...p433r t3h nag1na7a!! ...More randomness, sorry.> Oh, and if you don't mind, Alana, then might I add a few things on to my "description" part? Just want to add two things~A shoulder pack, or a book-bag type thing, actually. And mebbe an I-pod equivalent? In an hour or two, I might put up a pic. And I would NEVER use a pic for a description UNLESS I DREW IT PERSONALLY.

Last edited:

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • Ok, Erureido is accepted now and his weapon is the short sword. ^_^ Midnight you can edit your description. I don't mind. ^_^ I would start the RP now but I'm brain dead. I'm really sorry about that. I can try to start it early tomorrow if I get up early enough but I probably won't be able to. If I can't I will start it on Sunday. Terribly sorry for the delay. Anyone who wants to sign up may still do so. ;)

Alana

Years
  • OOC: Once you reply to my PM I'll decide whether or not you're accepted. I'm gonna go ahead and try to start this now. Forgive me if my post is bad. I'm kind of rushed. ^^;

IC: Teria placed her hand against the rough wall of her house. The red brick of the wall gave her a feeling of comfort. She closed her dark eyes and laid her forehead against the stone. It was cool and for a moment she forgot about her worries. The air around her was clear and chilly and the only sound was the soft rustle of leaves blown about by the wind.

A sudden surge of pain broke her peaceful mood. Her muscles twitched as she lifted her head and opened her eyes. How long was she going to have to fight this? How many more times would she have to feel pain and know that this time, she might not be able to fight it off.

It had only been about half a month since Ino's death. Two and a half weeks to be precise. It had been very hard keeping herself alive during that time. She had watched as people around her succumb to the curse laid upon all of them. Her city had been severely damaged by three who had gone on rampages and people now lived in fear of it happening again. She wondered vaguely if there were others left besides her. Probably, she thought to herself, I can't be the only one who managed to fight off the curse. There must be others like me. Perhaps here, in this city. It's unlikely, but I can't simply give up. I really ought to look for them. How hard could it be to find them?

She turned from her house and sighed. Her parents and two sisters were in the city hiding in one of the shelters. They knew about her Abilities and hadn't argued when she said she wasn't going with them. They knew it was for the best though it was very hard to say goodbye to them. She knew perfectly well that all of them never thought they would see her again and she felt the same way. Eventually she would be caught by an attack when she couldn't fight it off and it would kill her. She only hoped she wouldn't be one of those to go on a rampage. On the other hand, there was always the chance that there was a way to end the curse. Well, if there was, she'd never find it out here. She had to find others with Abilities that had survived. They'd have a much better chance of finding a cure if there were lots of them than only one. That was surely the best option.

Teria nodded silently to herself. She removed her hand from the side of her home and stepped back, surveying it sadly. Would this be the last time she saw it? She hoped not. With another sigh she closed her eyes and leapt into the air. Two wings sprouted from her back and carried her into the sky.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • It was a bright Sunny Monday morning, Sakura enjoyed the cool breeze; She hadn't been to school since 4th grade. Mostly because she had been kicked out for her curse. Sakura was a loner she had no friends. Everyone had thought she was a freak.

Sakura felt the cool breeze rush through her long dark blonde hair; it was the best feeling she had since she became cursed.

Sakura started to get a massive headache and feel weak all over; she tried to fight it but it was too hard to cope with.

Lately Sakura had felt like this since she discovered her new abilities; she went inside her apartment and collapsed onto the couch for a nap.

That usaully helps this... She thought as she dozed off to sleep.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • In the middle of this city sat the famous Ferrisburg City Park, a small forest contianed within a cage of concrete surrounding it. The outer edges of the park were marked by thick groves of trees, but the inner circle was opulated by grass, rosebushes, benches, and fountains. In the early hours of the night, young couples would congregate around the fountains for romantic moments, hoping to steal kisses from their sweethearts. This night was no different. The moonlight coming down reflected off of the clear, calm waters to awe some and bring back memories for others. However, something that wouldn't exactly be labeled as romantic was hanging between two trees at the edge of the park.

At first glance, one might have labeled this anomaly as on overisized hedgehog, curled up in a ball, and hanging between two trees by four light-peach elastic ties. It was actually the local crimefighter that called himself Stab. He considered this area his sleeping spot, a small office building was perhaps 15 feet away and its large heater's excess heat provided a nice place to sleep at night. Stab knew that one day someone might ask him why he doesn't live with his family at his age, but quite frankly, Stab wasn't sure where his family was these days. After being released from The Facility, he had found they had moved and he had no clue as to where.

Stab decided it was time to go do his Government-imposed job of hunting down wrong-doers, as this time of night was usually when they were at their peak. The peach-colored bands holding Stab up vanished into the masses of spikes and the ball fell to the ground. The spikes shrunk out of sight and revealed a boy in a torn red shirt and jeans on the ground in the fetal position. Stab stood up and brushed a coat of dirt and dust off of his hole-ridden shirt. He stretched his arm to reach into a bush and grab a white katana.

Stab extended the size of the jaw to fit the Katana's hilt in his mouth as he threw two stretched arms to grab the tops of two adjacent trees. He slowly walked backwards as his elastic arms tightened, then he let go. Like a rock in a slingshot, Stab was catapulted out of the park and into the night.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • For some reason, Sakura couldn't fall asleep; she had a strange feeling that if she did...she would have more bad dreams.

Lately, Sakura had been getting nightmares that involve her powers; she hated using them because she didnt think it was anything she should be proud of. She was cursed after all.

A small black kitten gently jumped onto her stomach as it rubbed its head under her chin with a smooth purr.

"Hi there, Luna." She smiled, giving her pal a scratch on the head.

"Mew!" It cooed happily.

Luna was the only member of Sakura's family that hadn't isolated her from her recent home; she was only a small kitten that Sakura had found wandering the streets. She hated seeing stray cats and it made her sad.

"Mreeew?" It replied.

"Why...Yes, I would love to go on a walk with you, Luna!" She replied cheerfully.

Sakura could understand every meow that Luna made; she grabbed Luna's leash and took her for a walk through their small town.

Tensaiji

~Naruto~
    Years
  • Since it was a month, Jason would always feel pains all over his body, even when asleep. Although he founded his Abilities in 8th grade, people were always asking him to do things. It was then he dropped out of school because of the yearly curse.

To weaken the curse, Jason started to box out his agression by the sport. It has been a succesful week since the pain of the curse hasn't bothered Jason. That was a year ago. The pain has came back to reurn the favor to weaken Jason.

I wonder if there is anyone else that has to deal this pain just as I am. Jason felt a sudden burst of pain aching all over his muscles. Something was calling him towards a group. I've mastered me abilities, but I wanna know more about it.

Midnight_Dragon249

Years
  • OOC: Are we all in the same city? If not, please disregard my below post. And can we TV swear? Like, say stuff, but only if the FCC is fine with it? (They don't beep you out.)

IC: It had been about two and a half weeks since the boy Ino had died and cursed everyone with abilities. When Ethis Kageryu had first found out she had abilities, she was overjoyed with the fact that she was no longer bound to the mundaneness of her everyday life. No longer did she have to sit around playing videogames to fufill her desire for magic. She had let the knowledge of her abilities go to her head. But soon after Ino's demise, she started to hate her abilities. She was in a near-constant state of nauseua and every once in a while, her body was wracked with pain. She would summon up a wall of ice to numb the pain, but it was so bad sometimes, that she would lose her concentration and pass out from the pain.

Currently Ethis was walking down an empty street, wondering how to rid herself of the sickness and pain.

If this goes on much longer, I'll probably meet the same fate as all those others who were cursed by their abilities and that stupid Ino person, Ethis thought to herself as she started feeling sick again.

I mean, it's chilly tonight, but I still feel awful, despite my affinity for the cold. Trying to kill the source of this would be stupid because you can't kill what's already dead, can you? Ethis stopped for a moment and looked up at the sky. "Well, at least the stars are out and shining tonight," she said aloud. She stared up for a while, admiring the stars, when she saw what looked like a giant bird fly by.

Was that a Harpy?! ...Ha, I must be seeing things. There's no such thing as a real Harpy. ...I think. Well, that could of been...Oh, forget it, Ethis. It was nothing. Actually, it's possible there are other survivors of the curse in this city. Ethis the sat down, and summoned up a large box of ice around her.

Maybe some of the other survivors have thought of something... I could find someone and then we could work together on this... Two heads are usually better than one... She yawned and pulled a small pillow out of her shoulder pack.

That's what I'll do for tommorow... she thought to herself before curling up and going to sleep.

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • OOC: I apologize for the delayed completion of my character's profile, but it is done. ^-^;; I will edit this post with an IC after I receive my weapon or create another post for the IC--whichever you prefer.

Scottura

Searching for the Light...
    Years
  • Darkness... Utter Silence...
    "Where am I?" A figure's voice asked in the utter silence. "Is this a dream? Or is it real?" Puzzled, the figure's surroundings soon took shape and colour, it developed into an orphanage, the figure stepped onto the orphanage's front lawn and into the light, it was a boy round about the age of 18. The boy walked up towards the door's of the orphanage and opened them, instantly, voices came rushing through the entrance, the boy threw his hands to his ears trying to block out the voices, but only one voice was loud enough for the boy to hear, it seemed to be shouting "Help, Scott! Help!" Tears streamed down the boy's face, then he yelled "I tried sis, I tried!"

The same boy shot up from his sleep all wet with sweat. 'Not again. The same nightmare over and over again.' The boy thought to himself, while getting up and looking outside his bedroom window, looking at the time he sighed as it was 3 am, "I knew I shouldn't of eaten before going to bed" he said to himself as he got dressed and went outside, 'I'll just go see if my buddies are alright.' He said heading towards the forest, cursing halfway as he had forgotten to wear shoes.

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
    Years
  • Razz walked off the perfectly green soccer feild. She'd just got done with a scrimage against her friends. "I love Fall! It's soo awesome!" she yelled as she walked home. As she walked home she thought about what had almost happended to her. It was hard, trying to stay alive, but Razz didn't let it bother her too much. It'd been two weeks since that kid Ino had cursed her and everyone else like her. 'What was that kid's problem?' she thought as she entered her house.

"Hey Mom!" she yelled as walked into the kitchen. She could smell the wonderful aroma of her mom's special Chocolate Cake. "Hello honey! How was the game?" "It was great!" she said as she walked to her room. When she got to her room she knew she had to hurry. 'The party's going to start in 2 hours. I've got to move fast.' She took a shower and got into her party clothes.

Razz walked down the stairs to see her dad was home. She walked into the living room and kissed her parents good bye. "Razz dear, where are you going?" her mother asked. "I'm going to the party remeber.? The one that Doe invited me too." she replied. Her mom looked at her with a worried look, as well as her father. As Razz didn't have to read their thoughts to know what they were thinking. "I know I've been getting sick at night, but don't worry, I'll be fine. I took the pills that the doctor thought would help." She knew how worried they'd been since that Ino kid had cursed her. That night her head started to throb, her body had become weak and she couldn't move at all. Her parents looked at her again, but after a couple of seconds, they sighed and allowed her to go. "Take your cellphone. If you start to feel bad, just call and we'll come get you." her mother yelled as Razz walked out the door.

Razz walked in the cool air night. She walked through the little forrest that was at the edge of town. The party was going to be at a club at the edge of the forrest. As Razz walked she heard noises in the forrest. Her eyes turned black and she could see everything in the night. Razz could here people about 2 miles away, she could here them dancing to the music. 'I'm close.' she thought. Just as soon as she arrived at the club, she some guy attacking a girl. As Razz ran up to the guy, she grabbed a tree branch and knocked him over the head. He fell down screaming, apparently she'd gotten his eye. The girl stayed behind Razz and hid. Razz formed fire in her hands and surrounded the guy with fire. He couldn't escape. She called the police and waited with the girl for them to come and pick the guy up. She was able to calm the other girl enough that she could dance. They both walked into the club, expecting to have fun.

Alana

Years
  • Teria closed her eyes and smiled as the cool air rushed past her. She didn't notice anything on the ground as she sped past. When she opened her eyes and realized that she had left her city far behind, she stopped and stayed hovering in midair. She looked around, her eyes straining against the darkness. She lowered herself to the ground and her wings vanished. She raised her hand and watched as a ball of golden light came into life in her palm.

She took a step forward then paused. The sound of something speeding towards her caught her attention and she jumped out of the way. A moment later a strange shape flew past. She blinked in a confused way and walked slowly after the figure.

Tensaiji

~Naruto~
    Years
  • Jason's abilities froze his own eyes shut. He then started to force himself to see through the ice. In a few minutes, he appeared where Teria was. His abilities then shut off when he saw her.

"Uh.. hi, my name's Jason." Jason also saw a figure appear and disappear from no where. "Whoa! what was that?" His body tempeture started to drop and Jason fell to the ground.The second he fell to the ground, his powers switched. Jason now felt frozen while his hands where heating up incredibly fast.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • Stab had invented a veru useful way of traveling around the city, which entailed extending his arms to grab objects ahead of them and releasing the tension built up by stretching, propelling him forward. Not only did this give him a fast way to travel around, but he also found it good for jumping wrongdoers by simply propelling himself at them seemingly out of nowhere. As he was snapping himself along the city streets tonight, he saw for a brief moment a small golden light hovering in front of someone on the city sidewalk.

He was 20 feet away before he realised what he saw. Stab immediately grew a spike in each hand and threw his arms into the ground, driving the spikes into the asphalt of the street. Holding onto the spikes, he was effectively braked. Stab turned to see someone walking slowly toward him. Stab turned to see that same person trudging toward him. Not wanting to take any chances, he grew three spikes on each hand, forming a useful set of claws.

Stab murmured to himself, "I don't want to be unfriendly...but just in case..."

Midnight_Dragon249

Years
  • OOC: Hey, GodofPH, if that was Alana's char, didn't she say that she had "left the city far behind"? Just wondering. And sorry if I missed something and this post makes no sense.

IC: Mhmm... Ethis thought as she got up. She picked up her pillow and put it back in her shoulder pack. She then proceeded to pull a small clock out.

Man, that was more of a nap than a rest... she thought as she looked at the time. Ethis then noticed that the walls of ice hadn't even thawed yet. She willed it to turn back to vapor and in mere seconds the walls were gone.

Well, I'm not tired anymore, so let's get going... But, where to? Ethis thought as she tried to remember what way the flying shadow had gone.

It sorta seemed to ...Erhm... That way! I think... Ah well, it's not like I have anything else to do right now. But, how could I get there? It would take forever walk all over this place. I know! Imma listen to music and pretend something is going on in this void I call a head. Ethis pulled out her Mbox and put the headphones on. She then turned on a fast-paced battle theme.

That's it! I just have to get excited, then I could call up a fire creature to fly around on! ...Man, I can't believe that I'm actually trying to find a person... Ick. I usually hate company. Ethis closed her eyes and then imagened her being one of the powerful warriors in her games. All of a sudden, her body felt warmer. She then opened her eyes and did a little dance.

Yeah! Now... Just have to concentrate on an image... Let's see... How 'bout a... Wyvern? Those are fast, and since I'm not under any pressure, I can concentrate on it longer than I would in battle. Sometimes I'm glad that I'm a nerd. There was a small explosion, and when the smoke cleared, there was a semi-physical dragon-shape fireball in the middle of the empty road.

Ethis quickly jumped on its neck and willed it to fly. All I have to do is concentrate on it and steer it with my own will, she thought as she soared into the sky.

After a several minutes of high-speed, flame-powered flying, Ethis noticed two figures, one had a small light next to them. She guided her creature down to the ground, then she dismounted and the creature fizzeled and dissolved.

Okay, human interaction, not my forte, but I'll have to do something if I ever want to get rid of this curse. Ethis then worked up the courage to shout out, "Hey! You with the light-thingermajig!"

Err, not the most formal thing to say, but at least it's an attention-getter, she thought, feeling a little embarrassed about the rude shouting.

Last edited:

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • OOC: Look at the quotation.

She didn't notice anything on the ground as she sped past. When she opened her eyes and realized that she had left her city far behind, she stopped and stayed hovering in midair. She looked around, her eyes straining against the darkness. She lowered herself to the ground and her wings vanished.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Kanu wrapped his arms around his legs as he sat crouched against the tree. His muscles ached as he drew himself closer together. The cool night air washed over his body, penetrating his wounds. He winced in pain. Reckless… He thought, as he held himself. I need to be more careful… Kanu closed his eyes as his mind wondered. The evening wind caressed his cut body as he continued to rest. Ino...

The wind soon died down and Kanu awoke. A feeling of caution filled the air around him. The afternoon had passed and the night was only deepening.
    Kanu grabbed the back of the tree as he lifted himself onto his feet. No wind, not even a breeze. He thought worryingly. There must be others around then… Kanu removed himself from beneath the shelter of the tree and stepped onto the paved path. An ominous presence surrounded him. The location of the energy however, was unclear.
    The sudden thought of the power that reminded him of that created by Ino, caused a severe pain to shoot through his body. His wounds across his slightly battered shirt and trousers were not the cause. It was the curse.
    Damn it, if it's hurting again, then there must be others nearby. He thought, analysing his surroundings. But where?

A light appeared in the distance, seemingly answering Kanu's thoughts. The golden light flickered ominously in the distance. Kanu turned towards its direction causing the pain within his body to intensify. Gasping from the curse's effect, Kanu braced himself as he stumbled towards the golden light in the distance. Here we go…

Alana

Years
  • OOC: Forgive me if I have typos in this post as my cat is sitting on my arm. :P

IC: Teria raised the light higher to illuminate the person in front of her. It was a boy with strange spike like objects attached to his skin. No doubt an Ability. She paused, wary, unsure if this boy was a friend or a foe. Before she could speak to the boy a shout behind her rang out. "Hey! You with the light-thingermajig!"

She blinked, then turned and saw a girl not too far off. "You mean me, right?" She asked calmly, knowing the answer but asking anyway. She transferred the light to her shoulder and noticed someone approaching from the distance. She squinted and thought she felt the presence of an unusual energy, the same faint feeling that all people with Abilities had. She didn't usually only noticed it when she was looking for it. How odd that they should all be attracted to this spot. Then again, wouldn't the survivors of the curse be looking for help? And who better to ask than others with Abilties. And holding a ball of golden light in your palm was certainly a dead give away that she had Abilities.

Midnight_Dragon249

Years
  • OOC: BTW, Ethis sorta "argues" with herself from time to time. Just thought I'd let you all know. I mean, what else is someone who lives alone going to do for "company"?

IC: Wow, am I lucky or what? I found not only one, but three people with abilities! Just because it might be hard to carry on a conversation with music playing in your ear, Ethis quickly turned off her Mbox and stored it in her shoulder pack.

"You don't see anyone else with any light, do you? Anyways...I guess I should introduce myself. I am, uhm, uh... oh yeah! Ethis Kageryu, and seeing as you and your buddies over there all have abilities, I might as well say that I have some too. And, I guess you could call me 'Warp'. But I can't tell ya why. I just like that name." She added a quick 'or Waffle' under her breath.

Smooth. Very smooth. Ethis was more embarrased than before, most likely coming off as a rude idiot to people who could help her find a "cure" to the curse.

"Oh, what are your names, anyways? And I don't care how abrasive I seem, I'm following you guys like a stalker, because...I'll bet that you are both looking for a cure to the curse too, right? Seeing as how you have abilities and all...Oh, by the way, do either of you happen to be able to fly? I saw something in the sky a while ago, and it was going in this direction. And it was way too big for any bird I've seen. " Ethis half ran, half stumbled towards the other people with abilities to get a better look at them. That, and she was scared of the dark. She saw that the person with the light was a girl, a little older than her with fair skin and blue eyes. She was wearing jeans and a green shirt. The other person, who had spikes practically jutting out of his skin, was a guy with a grey t-shirt that resembled swiss cheese. His pants were in no better shape than his shirt. He too had pale skin, but his eyes seemed to be green. He also was wearing a red bandana. There was another guy, with a sleeveless t-shirt, ripped jeans, and odd blueish-greyish eyes.

Geez, I talk too much. Wait, I talk too much?! That's not like me at all! Wow, this curse must be messing with my head. Or something. Meh, my head hurts from thinking so much.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back