• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event 2024 Reading Challenge!

Years
i've decided to commit to 10 books! i'm in a bit of a reading slump rn
i've only read 2 books so far:
- finished City of Endless Night by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child. It's like the 17th book in a series that I read when I just...need something not too intense to think on. 2/5 Stars. It was fine. Sentimental moment of it being the last book read by the longtime series audiobook narrator René Auberjonois before he passed.
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke, 3/5 Stars. It was good, and I'm glad it was short. The audiobook's performance itself was good, but it did kind of drag a little bit at first. Was very interesting learning everything the way you did.

I'm in the middle of Summer Sons by Lee Mandelo. It's a good book, but just....a heavy subject.

Welcome again Tyler!!!

I have added you to this year's list 😊

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Rolling in with an update!

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH - Robert C. O'Brien

This book has haunted my life ever since I was a child. It was in my elementary school library, but with a cover that depicted an image from the movie. It took until finally last year for me to see the movie, and it quickly became a favorite. Found the book in a second-hand store a couple of years ago, started it months ago, then got distracted by other books. But I finally read it, and I'm glad I did, and it's as charming as the book. Not as magical as the movie, and more grounded in reality, but still great. Mrs. Frisby is an absolute gem of a character.

Total: 9/14

Years
Rolling in with an update!

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH - Robert C. O'Brien

This book has haunted my life ever since I was a child. It was in my elementary school library, but with a cover that depicted an image from the movie. It took until finally last year for me to see the movie, and it quickly became a favorite. Found the book in a second-hand store a couple of years ago, started it months ago, then got distracted by other books. But I finally read it, and I'm glad I did, and it's as charming as the book. Not as magical as the movie, and more grounded in reality, but still great. Mrs. Frisby is an absolute gem of a character.

Total: 9/14
Thank you for the update!

And note to self: all updated!

Years
I finished The Amber Spyglass and therefor my re-read of the trilogy. I am pleased to say that those books are still just as good as I remember them being from reading as a kid. It's always nice to go back to something after such a long time and find that it's still good.

I've already picked up my next book and have more on my read list to do soon too.

Back