• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shadowed Empire

Larvitar1206

Storyline Critic
Years
(not a pokemon game)

The name is Shadowed Empire, and it was made with Rpg Maker XP.

Intro : You're currently traveling with the offical scouting army of the Emporer, on an attempt to find the princess. It's not going too well.

As our story begins, Falora, the heir to the throne and an essential for the Kingdom of Ardenmount, keeps the gate of evil shut with her magical mind powers, born only to a person who is very loving and caring every few decades. This person is needed to keep evil from unfolding over the world. All was well....until the abduction of the princess.
Now, evil terror pours through the fields of the five provinces of Ardenmount.

The rocky Fell Heights,

The homeland of evil, Dark Country,

The most beautiful state of all the provinces, Skybrae,

The region where the emporer resides, Herbmoor,

And the land of the mercenaries, Valiant Dominion.

You play Olion, a young man who's fairly experienced with a lance, and team up with people along the way. As the kingdom crumbles, your job is to find the princess, before it's too late for you, and the citizens of Ardenmount.

screenie7rz.png

^ Camp in Herbmoor ^
screenie25qc.png

^ Field in Herbmoor ^
screenie32mz.png

^ ANOTHER field in Herbmoor ^

I plan on EACH region having their own unique look....and it shouldn't be hard to do with the awesome resources of RMXP.

Features :
New classes, like Mercenary, and Elementalist
New items, such as herbs, and diamonds
The ability to craft new items (still in Development)
Much more! (Ideas please :) )

I'm not THAT far in dev yet, so I can't promise a new screenshot every week or something....they'll just come as they come.

DEMO
(Rpg Maker XP required to play)

C&C would be appreciated! :)

Last edited:

Larvitar1206

Storyline Critic
Years
"ABS"? What's that?

I've gotten around....five 23 x 19 maps done. That's a LOT less than it will be...

I'm guessing MAYBE 100 maps. I dunno.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2008
cool this looks like its gonna be a good game abs is like how they battle in zelda games i think it stands for action battle system

Waudby

This game looks good i wanted to make an rtp game but my copy of rmxp stopped working, neways enuf about my problems. Looks good in need of a few more screenies just to fully see wat this game looks like. An idea for a feature is the possiblilty to have a hero / villian story so you play both parts so one scene u can be Olion and another you are say a monster from one of the clans that escaped! Also u could have the skill system so the more side quests you do the higher up you go the harder the monsters get depending on ur REP level!

Larvitar1206

Storyline Critic
Years
I could do that...That sounds KINDA simple to do....I'd have to see.

As for screenshots, i'll try to get some new ones up soon.

Waudby

If you are travelling with the kings men you should be able to get sumthin like AEP - army experience points and then at a certain point move up the ranks untill u lead parts of the search

Larvitar1206

Storyline Critic
Years
Well...This really wasn't being planned on being released, since it has to do partly with the main storyline....The men(and a couple women) flee after....something happens, that i'm NOT releasing yet, lol.

So, close to the start of the game, you're by yourself with a mercenary who helps you.

Larvitar1206

Storyline Critic
Years
New Screenshot up....

Something's gone terribly wrong, my game has disappeared from my computer. I'm searching right now, but I made a backup....around 5 hours of work ago....*sigh*

EDIT : I found it, and all is well. ANYWAY, I'll have a small demo ready here in a couple days.

Last edited:

Waudby

Thank god. Neways the whole mercanery idea sounds good. I like it. You have given me an idea for my Pokemon Opal game.

-off topic-

how does this sound for my new idea in Opal, your are a small young boy leaving home with his family and on the way you get attack by a group of Team Rockets as your father is the leading researcher in legendary pokemon, your father an mother get taken but you are protected by a freelancer who is in the area lookin for work and the idea is to get as well known and as strong to help your parents.

-on topic-
A demo sounds good wat features will it have?

Larvitar1206

Storyline Critic
Years
It won't have any.....'FEATURES', it's just a small demo.

I mean, you'll get introduced to the main character, along with the mercenary, and one of the quests inside the game. I hope that this'll be enough to suffice for now.

It's just to get a feel of the game, no battles are set yet.
Demo

It sounds like a good idea, but I've not heard of any 'mercenaries' in pokemon. Maybe like a trainer who was a gym leader or something.

Last edited:

Larvitar1206

Storyline Critic
Years
I'm currently practicing my mapping skills, trying to figure out how to map the next area.

But...no-one else is going to comment on the game?

Larvitar1206

Storyline Critic
Years
Even AFTER I've posted a demo, people STILL aren't interested?

I've almost got my mapping skills somewhat perfected, and I'll try and post some screens soon.

Back